Reveal 4 Live!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
brj

Re: Reveal 4 Live!

Post by brj »

Amazing Reveal...
So that would mean that in addition to the long-awaited Maxamet Millie, we're gonna see Millies in S45VN w/ a diamond arc G10 handle AND a lightweight Millie with Spy27 ???
BTW, the yin-yang Pacific Salt picture is simply stunning, my heartfelt congrats to whomever came up with the idea/execution.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

It occurs to me to ask: What is the most sprint runs that Spyderco has offered in a year? My foggy impression is 5 sprint runs has marked a pretty good year.

I ask because this Reveal announces 10, all Golden-made. Will the remaining two Reveals do the same?!
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

wrdwrght wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:01 am
It occurs to me to ask: What is the most sprint runs that Spyderco has offered in a year? My foggy impression is 5 sprint runs has marked a pretty good year.

I ask because this Reveal announces 10, all Golden-made. Will the remaining two Reveals do the same?!

I hope at least the K390 Endura family sprint series.... :rolleyes:
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

wrdwrght wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:01 am

Before reveals, a lot of the big sprint runs seemed to be announced with the new catalog. I assume they did it in this first reveal of the year instead. Since they aren't doing a mid-year catalog anymore we might see a couple more sprints in other reveals but I'm not expecting to see anything like we saw in this last reveal
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Ez556

Post by Ez556 »

I will say I’m a bit disappointed we didn’t see the new Swick in this Reveal. I thought for sure it was gonna be in the first one of the year.
Likes FRN
:spyder: MEMBER OF THE CRUWEAR NATION :spyder:
sal wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:28 am
But in reality, there is nothing quite like a gun. And it has been said, "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".
Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:35 am
Does that complexity decrease the simplicity? Not at all.
Abyss_Fish wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:54 pm
Ti is uh, 300 dollars.
rangefinder

Post by rangefinder »

Ez556 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:25 pm
I will say I’m a bit disappointed we didn’t see the new Swick in this Reveal. I thought for sure it was gonna be in the first one of the year.

Sal has posted that the Swick won't go into production until May:

viewtopic.php?p=1384551#p1384551
sal wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:18 pm
I guess I should be more specific; scheduled to begin production in May, probably won't be delivered until late summer.

If the demand is there, we'll go to FRN scales and that will make colors a better option.

sal

That's way past the 3-4 month release window for this reveal, so it would be in reveal #5 at the earliest -- and maybe even #6 depending on when "late summer" is.

I too am really looking forward to the new Swick. I buy knives very intermittently, and some how have always been in a "knife buying hiatus" when the previous Swick models were released and have never managed to get one. So I'm determined to get at least one (and probably more than one) this time.
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

I hope k390 is not a Sprint - the ladybug doesn't seem to be
Haunted House

Post by Haunted House »

Forgive me if it’s already been asked, but will the Rex45 G-10 native 5 & G-10 Manix 2 have liners?
(I’m guessing the Manix 2 will, more so wondering about the native 5.)

EDIT: disregard- I found the answers in the Knifecenter description: skeletonized liners on the Manix, no liners on the Native 5.