Military Family Sprint Runs?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jdw

Military Family Sprint Runs?

Post by jdw »

I wonder if there has been any discussion of running a sprint with the entire Military family that would be similar to what Spyderco does with the Seki line up. I know that there are a lot of offerings for the PM2 and the Para 3 with the same scale/steel combo but it would be nice to see the Military added to some of these runs. I wonder what prevents that now and what the realistic chance there is of more Millies included in the future?
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
Pancake

Re: Military Family Sprint Runs?

Post by Pancake »

Noone apart from Sal and Eric really knows what is the future of Millie. Maybe it will be discontinued after Military 2....maybe not.
There has been zero sprint runs of Military last year....maybe we get one this year...I would like to have a sprint run Spyderco in my pocket at some point, and the Millie would be great.
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

I'm still here rooting for a Comp lock Military 2 in Ranger Green G-10 with K390.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Pancake wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:30 am
Noone apart from Sal and Eric really knows what is the future of Millie. Maybe it will be discontinued after Military 2....maybe not.
kennethsime wrote: I'm still here rooting for a Comp lock Military 2 in Ranger Green G-10 with K390.
Again, NOT bashing the comp.lock at all, but it would be a shame if the great Military ("1") with the also great liner lock it offers would disappear and be actually replaced by yet another comp.lock knife (Military "2")

There are SOO many (comp.lock knives) out there to choose from already in the mid- to high end Spyderco range...
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

No sprints, and wasn't there just 1 exclusive last year (BHQ) ?? That is a bit surprising for such an iconic model.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Wartstein wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:39 am
Pancake wrote:
kennethsime wrote: I'm still here rooting for a Comp lock Military 2 in Ranger Green G-10 with K390.
Again, NOT bashing the comp.lock at all, but it would be a shame if the great Military ("1") with the also great liner lock it offers would disappear and be actually replaced by yet another comp.lock knife (Military "2")

There are SOO many (comp.lock knives) out there to choose from already in the mid- to high end Spyderco range...
I don't need the Military 1 to be replaced, more militaries for everyone! I am probably waiting for the Military 2 to buy in though.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
archangel

Post by archangel »

Pancake wrote:
There has been zero sprint runs of Military last year...

Was the Rex45 run in 2018? I was thinking I got my Millie last year...
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

archangel wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:45 pm
Was the Rex45 run in 2018? I was thinking I got my Millie last year...
I am pretty sure that it was in 2018 mid year catalog...but I need to check it.
EDIT: yes, November 2018, REX45 Military
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
archangel

Post by archangel »

Time flies....
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
Cycletroll

Post by Cycletroll »

Wartstein wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:39 am
Pancake wrote:

Agreed! The Mille is a favorite of mine because of its liner lock. Waaay easier to use with gloves on right or left handed.
dan31

Post by dan31 »

Waiting for K390 Military, keep the liner lock please. So much easier with gloves or bare hands.
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

Maybe S45VN? I was kinda expecting to see Para3, PM2, and the Millie all released with the new steel.
Dornbox

Post by Dornbox »

My first Millie was the burnt ReX sprint that I got as soon as they dropped. At first I thought it was too big and left in my safe while I continued to collect PM2s. This summer I fell in love with my Millie and started EDCing it. Now I have a bunch of nice PM2s I hardly ever carry and yet I still buy new ones when I see a sprint or exclusive drop. I’d love to see a bunch of Millie sprints and exclusives drop so I can stop buying PM2s. I absolutely love my Millie.
Too many Military family variants... and yet not enough.
:spyder: