TKJ Spyderco exclusive cruwear ????

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jdw

Re: TKJ Spyderco exclusive cruwear ????

Post by jdw »

I think that it would make a cool Military. I have been more than vocal in my criticism of TKJ. I will standby my assertion that the way he handled his pre-orders appeared questionable to me but I should have given someone that I don't even know the benefit of the doubt. That to say...I'd like to buy this configuration in a Military from ya TKJ.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
TINCUP59

Post by TINCUP59 »

Actually after seeing a Picture of one on Ebay already, wow fast shipping!! im glad i missed out i thought the Green G-10 would look better. Plus im glad i did not put my money in this Joker's hands!! ill keep my St. Nicks and be Happy!!
confusedacorn

Post by confusedacorn »

Edit: disappointed with the execution of the release, decided not to be salty about it anymore. Live and learn
Last edited by confusedacorn on Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Knifenewb

Post by Knifenewb »

I know I'm reiterating what other people have said, but first of all, it's just a knife. Second, if you want the knife that bad, you have to adapt to the way retailers are marketing their products on social media. I'm a member of 3 of the Spyderco related groups on Facebook, and that's how I found out about the preorder, at 6AM when I got to work, I think that preorder was open til like 10AM EST, not unreasonable if you ask me. Although I'm not a fan of the preorder format overall, mostly because of the way BladeHQ handles it, I wanted this knife, so I watched the pages, this forum, IG, and when the opportunity presented itself, I pulled the trigger. I just got my shipping notification today, so it looks like he's shipping in the order that he received preorders. If you're unwilling to go the extra mile to make sure you get one, then you have no room to complain. If all you want is to sit at your computer at the exact time of the drop and get beat out by bots, then enjoy your long future of being disappointed. If you want a chance to actually get a knife, accept the people who are trying things differently, reach out to them, try a new social media platform, go the extra mile.
Also for the people actually outright insulting Travis, until you have your own one-man business, negotiate an exclusive with Spyderco which you have to pay for out of pocket, and then decide the most fair and reasonable way to drop it to make sure it gets into the hands of real enthusiasts, and handle who knows how many people trying to access your website all at exactly the same time, keep your mouth shut and either pay the secondary price or don't.
Questions?
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Last edited by Bloke on Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

This thread should just be closed...there is absolutely nothing positive that will come from this from here on out.

I agree with all the others that have said...its just a knife!! There will be more Shamans released this year as the Shaman is the king for the day lately. Many more opportunities ahead!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
TINCUP59

Post by TINCUP59 »

Yeah sorry not meaning to come off as spoiled milk, im a newbie here and to spyderco's. and not trying to come off as A**hole. this was my first try at a sprint run and i guess just like everyone else who now feel like they wasted there saterday on a supposed stupid knife. as stated i have a St. Nicks and i paid the second hand market price because i wanted one, so i get how it works.

Some people got one, There happy! some did not so there going to let you know how they feel!
that is what the threads are for right?

So i do not care weather i got one or not, i think guys are just putting there feelings and frustrations on the System of how it was handled not that they lost out on a Silly Knife as you all have stated.
Mini2white

Post by Mini2white »

I don't know why so many are upset with the seller. It is the same with most exclusive drops. The demand is higher than supply and some miss out. It is an expensive project for sellers to embark on for buyers. Good on them.
FreeGolf

Post by FreeGolf »

Mini2white wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:04 pm
I don't know why so many are upset with the seller. It is the same with most exclusive drops. The demand is higher than supply and some miss out. It is an expensive project for sellers to embark on for buyers. Good on them.
The other drops are done much smoother. Be online at the drop time and try to get yours. Let's reiterate what happened with the TKJ drop.

1.) Some preorder's were sent out in invoices to emails via his Instagram chat. This was before the preorder was "live" to the rest of the world.
2.) His first drop failed due to technical errors at 11 am EST.
3.) His second drop failed that was re-scheduled for 12 EST. For the same reason.
4.) His third rescheduled drop failed at 2 EST. For the same reason.
5.) The fourth and FUNCTIONAL drop was not rescheduled but instead dropped 35 mins after the OFFICIAL 2 EST reschedule. So completely not accurate to his "rescheduled" time. If it's not dropping at the announced reschedule, reschedule it again until your announcement is accurate or however many times it takes to be completely transparent.

Seems pretty clear why people who wasted their time with this "drop" could be upset. Definitely not as simple as simply missing out on this one.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:30 pm
This thread should just be closed...there is absolutely nothing positive that will come from this from here on out.
I agree.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
toxophilus

Post by toxophilus »

On a positive note... those that successfully ordered will be getting their's soon; make sure you post pictures of 'em out in the wild :spyder:

Screenshot off of Travis' fb video, that's a lot of boxes to send out!

Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

I don't understand, I've dealt with Travis numerous times and he has been beyond fantastic.

I think people need to chill out, take a step back and just breathe. It will be alright, there will be more knives and then more after that.

Attacking someone because you weren't able to get the limited edition knife you wanted, is just wrong.

Ultimately, the blame lies on you. I had TWO seperate opportunities to pre order the knife during the initial pre order announcement. I didn't want one, but it would have been extremely easy, had I. Perhaps you should have been more vigilant.

As for his response, I feel it was quite tame. You wouldn't want to come at me like that, especially if you were trying to get a product I had.(more flys with honey)

Sprint/Exclusive Hunting Guide:

Tip 1.) Subscribe to the thread about the knife you want.

Tip 2.) Check the forums at different times throughout the day.

Tip 3.) Be nice.

Tip 4.) Win or lose, there will be another knife.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
semfi1345

Post by semfi1345 »

[/quote]
The other drops are done much smoother. Be online at the drop time and try to get yours. Let's reiterate what happened with the TKJ drop.

1.) Some preorder's were sent out in invoices to emails via his Instagram chat. This was before the preorder was "live" to the rest of the world.

[/quote]

He literally gave out TWO pre-order opportunities, the first of which ran until 10am EST. The IG orders ran before and during this time. The opportunity to purchase one of these, in multiple ways, was 100% there. If someone missed this, it's fully on them.
SPY-27 and CPM-Cruwear are peak performance...for me.
confusedacorn

Post by confusedacorn »

So I wasted 4 hours of my Saturday refreshing his webpage constantly and it’s fully on me even though his 11AM drop didn’t work, the 12PM didn’t work then the 2PM didn’t work until half an hour later where people who got lucky managed to snag one? Lol please, homeboy needs to figure out his IT and basic management skills, this drop was a shizzshow from beginning to end, I’ve only experienced incompetence like that at the DMV smh
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

jdw wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:27 am
I think that it would make a cool Military. I have been more than vocal in my criticism of TKJ. I will standby my assertion that the way he handled his pre-orders appeared questionable to me but I should have given someone that I don't even know the benefit of the doubt. That to say...I'd like to buy this configuration in a Military from ya TKJ.
This configuration would be a home run as a military.
FreeGolf

Post by FreeGolf »

semfi1345 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:59 pm

[/quote]

He literally gave out TWO pre-order opportunities, the first of which ran until 10am EST. The IG orders ran before and during this time. The opportunity to purchase one of these, in multiple ways, was 100% there. If someone missed this, it's fully on them.
[/quote]
Right. And its 100% fully on TKJ for not being better prepared and having his website ready for the traffic Saturday. The traffic he was even luring and hyping up for on his IG prior. "Is it saturday yet". "Here they come!! The drop! Feb 1st 11 am". Consumers have the right to express how a shopping experience went, good or bad and regardless on how well a forum speaks of a business's past laurels. People miss preorders. That is why he had Saturday's "drop". :rolleyes:
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Again, if you had been more vigilant, you WOULDN'T have missed the preorder. That's on YOU.

TKJ did everything in their power to give everyone MULTIPLE opportunities to acquire this knife. On one of the opportunities, the website was crashed by an obscene amount of traffic. Sometimes things happen.

In the end, you lost and that's on you. Maybe next time you will be more vigilant and be able to jump on the train early. Rather than cursing it for leaving you behind, because of your own lack of punctuality.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Do you think TKJ will order other models in this combination?
FreeGolf

Post by FreeGolf »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:01 am
Again, if you had been more vigilant, you WOULDN'T have missed the preorder. That's on YOU.

TKJ did everything in their power to give everyone MULTIPLE opportunities to acquire this knife. On one of the opportunities, the website was crashed by an obscene amount of traffic. Sometimes things happen.

In the end, you lost and that's on you. Maybe next time you will be more vigilant and be able to jump on the train early. Rather than cursing it for leaving you behind, because of your own lack of punctuality.
Because of my occupation, I was unfortunate to miss both preorders. Like I referring and admitted to before, I said "right" about missing them. That's on me and my occupation. What is hilarious is the blind bias to stand and defend TKJ for the messy drop on Sat. The website crashed on intial drop and on 3 of the official rescheduled times after on Saturday. The final drop was not accurate to his FINAL OFFICIAL RESCHEDULE UPDATE. Refer to previous posts to see times. How could you not see how that could rub someone the wrong way? Wasting people's time IS ON HIM. Updates not being accurate IS ON HIM. How people respond to the real inconsistencies IS ON HIM. Thats what needs to be perfectly clear. No business is immune to criticism, even if it's on an enthusiast's site. I've purchased 3 exclusives recently and not one website issue with the other businesses. Seems the rest of industry has this down. In the end I'm glad for whoever got one and a forum is meant for different opinions and exchanges. That's the beauty of a forum and hence why this thread hasn't been closed. There is nothing wrong with what people are expressing and about what's been exposed. I will be bowing out of this one now I've provided about all I can. Enjoy the Cruwears!!! It's a beaut! :D
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

Oh another sell out sighs rolls over pulls up the covers, how predictable, snorts not investing in this game any longer, drifts off to sleep with a smile.

So long sell outs.