TKJ Spyderco exclusive cruwear ????

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SLOSpyder

Re: TKJ Spyderco exclusive cruwear ????

Post by SLOSpyder »

stockliman wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:10 pm
SLOSpyder wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:19 pm
Haha. Fitting name for his website. J/K. Would’ve been a nice knife. Not worth the trouble.
Send us your site URL, so we can buy your exclusive.

Thanks.
Sent you the link.

You’re welcome.
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

Makes me sad to see the way some of you kids are behaving in regards to this mishap. Such a nice guy getting his business dragged through mud because some people didn't get their precious little knife.
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

The funniest comments I hear are about what time he released it. It doesn't suit the people of America but suits the knife nuts all over the rest of the world. I love that he did that. Sure I didn't score one But I only had to get up at 6 if I wanted to try and get one, not 2am or some dumb hour like every single other drop.
buccilli15

Post by buccilli15 »

stockliman wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:15 pm
buccilli15 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:09 pm
RamZar wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:48 pm
Anyone have their order of the Knife Joker exclusive Shaman CPM-CRU-WEAR Black DLC Blade Forest Green G-10 C229GPFGBK ship yet?
Only his buddies in the FB group. I got in on the first preorder. Messaged him Thursday after seeing other people getting theirs. They response literally was, “just because one persons item shipped, doesn’t mean email me and ask me about your order!”. I’ll happily post screenshots of our conversation for the naysayers. It absolutely left a sour taste in my mouth. Guess you gotta be part his FB clique.
Odd, I've never purchased anything from the store but have mates who have. I managed to get a pre-order with no fuss at all. Sounds like sour grapes on your behalf. I'm far from being in any "FB clique", whatever that is. I actually avoid the facebook groups. I simply emailed asking if I could be put on the pre order list if spaces were still available. Friendly, clear and concise is all it takes.
No sour grapes at all. I got my pre-order in. I was disappointed in the tone of the response I received when following up to my order.
You certainty sound like you are friendly, clear, and concise. I know you're pretty new to these forums, but read up on Sal's "shiny footprints".
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

razorsharp wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:33 pm
Makes me sad to see the way some of you kids are behaving in regards to this mishap. Such a nice guy getting his business dragged through mud because some people didn't get their precious little knife.
Ah, hahaha! :D

Well said, Cuzzy Bro! :)
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
SSD_777

Post by SSD_777 »

razorsharp wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:33 pm
That JOKE of a business deserves to get dragged through the mud, and then some. This was a bad experience and waste of time for anybody that wanted one. Nobody had a fair chance to get one, it was all luck. There are a lot of established dealers out there to compete with, and this release didn't convince me to spend my money at the joke store in the future.
FreeGolf

Post by FreeGolf »

stockliman wrote:
buccilli15 wrote:
RamZar wrote:
Anyone have their order of the Knife Joker exclusive Shaman CPM-CRU-WEAR Black DLC Blade Forest Green G-10 C229GPFGBK ship yet?
Only his buddies in the FB group. I got in on the first preorder. Messaged him Thursday after seeing other people getting theirs. They response literally was, “just because one persons item shipped, doesn’t mean email me and ask me about your order!”. I’ll happily post screenshots of our conversation for the naysayers. It absolutely left a sour taste in my mouth. Guess you gotta be part his FB clique.
Odd, I've never purchased anything from the store but have mates who have. I managed to get a pre-order with no fuss at all. Sounds like sour grapes on your behalf. I'm far from being in any "FB clique", whatever that is. I actually avoid the facebook groups. I simply emailed asking if I could be put on the pre order list if spaces were still available. Friendly, clear and concise is all it takes.
Call it sour grapes if you wish. Fact is he took a "pre order" via emails and IG messages before it was "live" as listed on the website for the entire world, regardless of the world's time (not specifically mentioning your purchase). Seems hes showing a very unfair bias to certain groups or social media followings. It's his stock and he can do what he wants sure, but in the end, hes just a middle man for Spyderco. He should keep that in mind. At least try and make it SEEM fair. It's becoming more and more clear this drop has been pretty "bush league". And by the email response to a customer who PAID for preorder only confirms we can add EXCELENT customer service to the Jokers resume :rolleyes: keep the name calling to Jokers IG.
Last edited by FreeGolf on Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

FreeGolf wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:09 pm
stockliman wrote:
buccilli15 wrote:
RamZar wrote:
Call it sour grapes if you wish. Fact is he took a "pre order" via email before it was "live" as listed on the website for the entire world, regardless of the world's time (not specifically mentioning your purchase). Seems hes showing a very unfair bias to certain groups or social media followings. It's his stock and he can do what he wants sure, but in the end, hes just a middle man for Spyderco. He should keep that in mind. At least try and make it SEEM fair. It's becoming more and more clear this drop has been pretty "bush league". And by the email response to a customer who PAID for preorder only confirms we can add EXCELENT customer service to the Jokers resume :rolleyes: keep the name calling to Jokers IG.
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

You’d have to think the Joker got the last laugh, ay?

He commissioned ‘x’ amount of knives and sold them quick smart, so you’d have to think he’s a clever enough businessman.

You don’t have to be a Rhodes Scholar to work out not everyone who wanted the knife would get one.

Perhaps it’s true and the early bird does indeed get the worm or, in this case the knife? :confused:
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

Pretty sure the moment he offers something a lot of people want again, he'll be seeing another line down the block
Like all those who swear off bbs
FreeGolf

Post by FreeGolf »

GarageBoy wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:55 pm
Pretty sure the moment he offers something a lot of people want again, he'll be seeing another line down the block
Like all those who swear off bbs
Hopefully, exclusives here will be few and far between considering how this time went.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

It's just a knife. People are getting way too bent out of shape over a stupid piece of metal and fiberglass. I'm sure you all have perfectly functional knives to tide you over until the next "must have" knife drops.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
JMM

Post by JMM »

Albatross wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:13 pm
FreeGolf wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:09 pm
stockliman wrote:
buccilli15 wrote:

Call it sour grapes if you wish. Fact is he took a "pre order" via email before it was "live" as listed on the website for the entire world, regardless of the world's time (not specifically mentioning your purchase). Seems hes showing a very unfair bias to certain groups or social media followings. It's his stock and he can do what he wants sure, but in the end, hes just a middle man for Spyderco. He should keep that in mind. At least try and make it SEEM fair. It's becoming more and more clear this drop has been pretty "bush league". And by the email response to a customer who PAID for preorder only confirms we can add EXCELENT customer service to the Jokers resume :rolleyes: keep the name calling to Jokers IG.
I also managed to get a pre-order with a ~$5 discount no muss no fuss, and did just get an email that my order is in process...
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

JMM wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:39 pm

I also managed to get a pre-order with a ~$5 discount no muss no fuss, and did just get an email that my order is in process...

:confused:
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
JMM

Post by JMM »

steelcity16 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:31 am
JMM wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:39 pm

:confused:
I realize how frustrating that probably sounds for most, and believe me, I have been hosed on EVERY other good sprint/exclusive (KnifeJoy, BHQ, etc) in the last year+ but when someone posted up a link here that said limited pre-orders available now (or whatever the jargon was) I clicked on it, (it was late if I remember, like 2am PST) it gave me a $4.96 coupon for new customer or something, I think it was on the 15th or 16th of Jan.... then they sent me a pay-pal invoice/bill, I paid it, and now I have one on the way. I think the universe is being kind to me this year or something, because I completely skated into getting the TreeRex from KnifeCenter as well.... Knock on (rose)wood I guess, I do still have to track down a 4V Shaman, the more of that steel I get the more I need....
JMM

Post by JMM »

I'm going to try and make sure to get a couple good unboxing/unpacking pics of each, using my Rex45 Para3 for the TreeRex Shaman & my CruWear Manix2 for my TKJ Shaman.... :)
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Edited - didn't read thoroughly.

Anybody else see this one turning into the REC Para 3? With the crazy/questionable releases of this knife and limited availability, for some reason I see this becoming a valuable collectable. Though as a collector piece I think it would be a waste because this model/steel begs to be used!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
skybladefromthe

Post by skybladefromthe »

:spyder: Golden rule for online buying, good technology! :spyder:
tbdoc4kids

Post by tbdoc4kids »

Got my ship notice! This was from the second preorder.
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

I hope he does another run of these. And, if they disappear in seconds (with or without technology glitches), I hope he continues to do more runs until they hang around for a couple of days before selling out.

Exclusive doesn't have to mean extremely limited supply...

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!