TKJ Spyderco exclusive cruwear ????

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
LaGrrrande

Re: TKJ Spyderco exclusive cruwear ????

Post by LaGrrrande »

We just loved it too much =(
SLOSpyder

Post by SLOSpyder »

Haha. Fitting name for his website. J/K. Would’ve been a nice knife. Not worth the trouble.
Peacedivision

Post by Peacedivision »

Just cancel the drop, setup a lottery form on the website. Move on with life. The website clearly can't handle the traffic.
blues

Post by blues »

"Pssst...Hey kid, you lookin' for a Shaman?"
- Retired from the chase -
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Too bad I only have piles of other Spyderco knives to help wipe away the tears of not getting this. *Owww! D@*!" Note to self, close knife before wiping away tears.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
SLOSpyder

Post by SLOSpyder »

It finally sold out. Was available for about 5 seconds
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

SLOSpyder wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:35 pm

What a joke this entire thing was from the stealth 3 AM pre-orders to the gong show of a drop for apparently <100 knives (according to a dude on IG) at 2 per person today. Fitting for the name. Glad I don't like smooth G10! :D

Sal, PLEASE make a production OD Green Cru-carta Shaman in both DLC and Satin. The demand is obviously there in spades!

#CRUCARTATHEMALL
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Jason997

Post by Jason997 »

This is an awesome Spyderco knife. I get and 100% support the business model, but there is likely 10x or 20x demand for this particular configuration. I hope that we will be able to buy it in the future.
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

steelcity16 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:46 pm
SLOSpyder wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:35 pm

What a joke this entire thing was from the stealth 3 AM pre-orders to the gong show of a drop for apparently <100 knives (according to a dude on IG) at 2 per person today. Fitting for the name. Glad I don't like smooth G10! :D

Sal, PLEASE make a production OD Green Cru-carta Shaman in both DLC and Satin. The demand is obviously there in spades!

#CRUCARTATHEMALL
After recieving my first Shaman, the Rex45 KC exclusive(which I hope they do another run at some point), I'm open to trying Cruwear and would love some micarta scales.

I know it's off topic, but while we're making requests, I'm still begging for a K390 Chaparral, with green canvas micarta scales.
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

Why is the shaman so popular? I feel like the only other pattern that flies off the shelf as quickly is the pm2
Cycletroll

Post by Cycletroll »

Soooo frustrating to be logged on to TKJ with stuff in my cart at zero hour and the site crashes!
Oh well; at least I managed to find and purchase two hard to acquire knives this weekend:
Spyderco Tuff and a TRM Atom.
Should receive both on Monday :)
Really getting tired of the mad scramble for Sprint's and Exclusives. Oh well, thus is the Law of Supply and Demand.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

GarageBoy wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:21 pm
Why is the shaman so popular? I feel like the only other pattern that flies off the shelf as quickly is the pm2
I think it's because most other models have had a bunch of sprints and exclusives already, whereas the Shaman is just starting to get them. So everybody that held off on buying a Shaman in the first place and were waiting for a sprint to come along are now finally buying their first Shamans.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Already on eBay for $399.95! :D
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
EatAlot10

Post by EatAlot10 »

jabba359 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:34 pm
GarageBoy wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:21 pm
I think it's because most other models have had a bunch of sprints and exclusives already, whereas the Shaman is just starting to get them. So everybody that held off on buying a Shaman in the first place and were waiting for a sprint to come along are now finally buying their first Shamans.
Yes you are correct it is our first Shaman purchases! :D :spyder:
FreeGolf

Post by FreeGolf »

We get it, hes a nice dude running a small operation but this is the perfect example of "biting off more than you can chew". That being said, bad business is bad business. Doesn't matter if you're a multi million dollar business or a 1 man show. Questionable preorder ethics (taking preorders via IG before preorder was "live"), multiple failed release times (technical issues), and the actual final release not even being accurate to his posts and updates. Yikes. First time trying to do business with TheKnifeJoker and will definitely be my only. Congrats to whoever scored one and best of wishes to get things worked out over there for future exclusives.
Last edited by FreeGolf on Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Anyone have their order of the Knife Joker exclusive Shaman CPM-CRU-WEAR Black DLC Blade Forest Green G-10 C229GPFGBK ship yet?
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
buccilli15

Post by buccilli15 »

RamZar wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:48 pm
Anyone have their order of the Knife Joker exclusive Shaman CPM-CRU-WEAR Black DLC Blade Forest Green G-10 C229GPFGBK ship yet?
Only his buddies in the FB group. I got in on the first preorder. Messaged him Thursday after seeing other people getting theirs. They response literally was, “just because one persons item shipped, doesn’t mean email me and ask me about your order!”. I’ll happily post screenshots of our conversation for the naysayers. It absolutely left a sour taste in my mouth. Guess you gotta be part his FB clique.
blues

Post by blues »

buccilli15 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:09 pm
Messaged him Thursday after seeing other people getting theirs. They response literally was, “just because one persons item shipped, doesn’t mean email me and ask me about your order!”. I’ll happily post screenshots of our conversation for the naysayers. It absolutely left a sour taste in my mouth. Guess you gotta be part his FB clique.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
- Retired from the chase -
stockliman

Post by stockliman »

SLOSpyder wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:19 pm
Haha. Fitting name for his website. J/K. Would’ve been a nice knife. Not worth the trouble.
Send us your site URL, so we can buy your exclusive.

Thanks.
stockliman

Post by stockliman »

buccilli15 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:09 pm
RamZar wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:48 pm
Only his buddies in the FB group. I got in on the first preorder. Messaged him Thursday after seeing other people getting theirs. They response literally was, “just because one persons item shipped, doesn’t mean email me and ask me about your order!”. I’ll happily post screenshots of our conversation for the naysayers. It absolutely left a sour taste in my mouth. Guess you gotta be part his FB clique.
Odd, I've never purchased anything from the store but have mates who have. I managed to get a pre-order with no fuss at all. Sounds like sour grapes on your behalf. I'm far from being in any "FB clique", whatever that is. I actually avoid the facebook groups. I simply emailed asking if I could be put on the pre order list if spaces were still available. Friendly, clear and concise is all it takes. **EDITED - Warning issued - TazKristi **