TKJ Spyderco exclusive cruwear ????

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Cscottsss

Re: TKJ Spyderco exclusive cruwear ????

Post by Cscottsss »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:02 pm
Yup, I have already seen a few on Instagram and they didn't have CC#'s. I am more put off by the way this has been handled than any other sprint/exclusive to date.
I mean, his business is called The Knife Joker........
jdw

Post by jdw »

He seems to have highly questionable business ethics at best. I realize that he paid up front and it's his inventory but the whole situation just looks shady and feels slimy from the outside looking in. Given Spyderco's long standing commitment to high ethical standards this just kind of surprises me.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Who knows how many he has left after 2 "pre-orders"?? 100?? 50?? And it is still two per household, so the first 25 bots to hit the site at 2 per bot and this one is OOS in under 2 seconds. I bet none of us will even see the add to cart button. Mark my words.

Just hoping Spyderco does a DLC Cruwear version of the supposedly upcoming OD Green Cru-carta Shaman. That is what I really wanted anyways.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

If it's gone in seconds or minutes I'll be out as well. No plans to be at my computer when it drops. If it sticks around for a couple of hours or days, then I'll wrestle between purchasing one and keeping my money in the bank. $234 is pushing my envelope for a folder...

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
stockliman

Post by stockliman »

Sweet lord, many here would boo santa. He is one guy running a small business. He has taken a gamble and paid the price to get an exclusive for his company. Remember, a single guy. He probably doesn't have the online infrastructure to be swamped with 500+ orders in 5 minutes. He'll need to pack and post 500+ orders on his own. Taking pre-orders makes perfect sense. He can print invoices and delivery labels and prepare packaging ahead of time. If he didn't do this you'd piss and moan on slow handling.
Oh, and by the way, it was a night pre-order in the US. It was daytime for the rest of the world. Now you may know what it's like to get up at 3am to sit at a computer to try and snag anyone of the other exclusives only to find out shipment to CONUS (REC) or it costs $70 for a single knife to be shipped (Bentobox). TKJ, no issues, will ship anyway US law allows at a very reasonable rate.
Travis at TKJ has a heap of OS customers who love the work he does. An honest and reputable young bloke who goes the extra mile for his customers.
Maybe before you want to mouth off at the bloke you start your own knife retailer, build a customer base, negotiate with Spyderco for your own exclusive and then we can come here and whine at you for no valid reason. Put some perspective back into your life folks.
jdw

Post by jdw »

stockliman wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:19 pm
Sweet lord, many here would boo santa. He is one guy running a small business. He has taken a gamble and paid the price to get an exclusive for his company. Remember, a single guy. He probably doesn't have the online infrastructure to be swamped with 500+ orders in 5 minutes. He'll need to pack and post 500+ orders on his own. Taking pre-orders makes perfect sense. He can print invoices and delivery labels and prepare packaging ahead of time. If he didn't do this you'd piss and moan on slow handling.
Oh, and by the way, it was a night pre-order in the US. It was daytime for the rest of the world. Now you may know what it's like to get up at 3am to sit at a computer to try and snag anyone of the other exclusives only to find out shipment to CONUS (REC) or it costs $70 for a single knife to be shipped (Bentobox). TKJ, no issues, will ship anyway US law allows at a very reasonable rate.
Travis at TKJ has a heap of OS customers who love the work he does. An honest and reputable young bloke who goes the extra mile for his customers.
Maybe before you want to mouth off at the bloke you start your own knife retailer, build a customer base, negotiate with Spyderco for your own exclusive and then we can come here and whine at you for no valid reason. Put some perspective back into your life folks.

I personally have a great perspective. I am aware enough to recognize when someone is playing the grey areas of a limited market. He may be completely legitimate. His business practices appear highly questionable.
--Wovoka
jdw

Post by jdw »

Uhhhh.....that's actually pretty simple vocabulary. I honestly think it's an ugly knife and I really wouldn't even want one. However, shady and questionable business practices still suck for everyone. The level of your anger and insult is kind of bizarre for this board.
Last edited by jdw on Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--Wovoka
tbdoc4kids

Post by tbdoc4kids »

I did not realize there were "rules" about how exclusives are sold. I thought that whoever commissions the exclusive gets to decide how they will distribute it.

Seems like a lot of fuss and bother about what is (in the end), just another knife.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Hope I'm not late for the crucifixion!...

You peepz need to take a big hit and relax.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
jdw

Post by jdw »

antnap124 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:20 pm
I'm not angry I'm laughing at how pathetic you are, big difference. Also why would I be mad when I was able pre-order 12 of these babies ;)
I truly hope that you enjoy them.
--Wovoka
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Time to give it a rest guys!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Antnap coming on strong, ruffling a few feathers in multiple threads after only 18 posts....dare I say....a possible t***l
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Mm1313

Post by Mm1313 »

Have any of u guys actually met Travis in person(KnifeJoker)? All the people bashing and sh*t talking him, my guess is no. He's one of the most honest and nicest people in the knife industry, who goes way out of his way to help people out. He's ONE PERSON running this site.

There arent any rules about how things have to be done and it's his company, so he can do things as he wants.... Doesn't make him shady. Some of u guys are a joke and act like a child who's mom won't get them candy at the grocery store. It's a knife, not a life and death situation. He's trying to be fair and randomly doing these so flippers & bots can't just post up and wait for the pre-orders.

End of the day, like with the cruwear shaman, REC para3, or any other limited edition, some get lucky and get it and some don't.
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Mm1313 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:32 am
End of the day, like with the cruwear shaman, REC para3, or any other limited edition, some get lucky and get it and some don't.
Some get lucky, some don't, some pay a bundle afterwards.... about how these things go! :)

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

Mm1313 wrote:
He's trying to be fair and randomly doing these so flippers & bots can't just post up and wait for the pre-orders.
That's actually not a bad strategy. the Crucarta release had a large number of instances where bots snatched up the supply pretty much instantly.
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
Mm1313

Post by Mm1313 »

curlyhairedboy wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:12 am
Mm1313 wrote:
He's trying to be fair and randomly doing these so flippers & bots can't just post up and wait for the pre-orders.
That's actually not a bad strategy. the Crucarta release had a large number of instances where bots snatched up the supply pretty much instantly.
Exactly, it makes it way to easy to do so when u have exact times. We've seen it time and time again.
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

Nothing to question on Travis and his ethics and pre-orders. I’ve known Travis for a long time now and I guarantee he did his random drops to get the knives into the hands of true Spyderco fans that are on the look out instead of just a bunch of flippers. Travis himself is a huge fan of Spyderco and a collector. There will always be people who throw fits or stomp and say it isn’t fair. That’s just how it goes with any drop. Anyways, good luck tomorrow if you are trying to get one. Might be the first Saturday drop that I’ve seen if I’m not mistaken.

Rich
Think for yourself
SLOSpyder

Post by SLOSpyder »

Messed my stupid password up last night. His website locked me out and still hasn’t reset. amateur webesite at best. I’m not impressed with the website or how the seller has handled this. Will not be doing business with them. Have at it guys.
Last edited by SLOSpyder on Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
JMM

Post by JMM »

SLOSpyder wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:55 am
Messed my stupid password up last night. His website locked me out and still hasn’t reset. Lame webesite at best. Have at it guys.
Perhaps you could set up a new account with a temp/diff email? The site is up, albeit a little slow
SLOSpyder

Post by SLOSpyder »

JMM wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:59 am
SLOSpyder wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:55 am
Messed my stupid password up last night. His website locked me out and still hasn’t reset. Lame webesite at best. Have at it guys.
Perhaps you could set up a new account with a temp/diff email? The site is up, albeit a little slow
I thought about it. But I don’t need it that bad. It’s gonna be gone in seconds anyways. Wife was already looking at me sideways about it. Thanks for the thought though.