Kapara woes...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ChrisinHove

Kapara woes...

Post by ChrisinHove »

Is it just me, but every potential new folder I consider gets compared to my Kapara and very often falls short.

It’s starting to save me money, which is a little alarming.

It must be time for a Kapara sprint, surely?
koenigsegg

Re: Kapara woes...

Post by koenigsegg »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:46 am
Is it just me, but every potential new folder I consider gets compared to my Kapara and very often falls short.

It’s starting to save me money, which is a little alarming.

It must be time for a Kapara sprint, surely?
I agree I love my Kapara, got the k390 police though last week and have finally been able to pick something besides Kapara, I think a sprint could help this problem lol
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

What sort of materials/steel would you like to see?
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

I feel the same, I love everything about it including the smooth CF and no jimping. If they did a sprint I would love to see them use LC200N, Ti Liners, Marbled CF and maybe a yellow backspacer to designate a Salt model.

I can’t wait to see the Slip Joint collaboration!
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

Hah, I saw this thread title and thought to myself, hmm "woes" is definitely not a word I'd associate with the Kapara.. makes sense now. I'd be in for some sprints.. great knife!
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

curlyhairedboy wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:01 am
What sort of materials/steel would you like to see?
I would like to see it made with an M390 family steel. The knife screams for something other than S30V. Orange G10 accents would also make for a sexy combo with the carbon fiber.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Probably not many others will join, but I'd like to see a FRN version (maybe even more budget friendly).

And it should offer a comp lock / lock tab that's accessible a bit better.. (or a backlock, but I almost don't dare to say this ;) ... and also think probably blade AND lockbar of a backlock would not fit in that slim handle anyway)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

I’d like to see it offered in a different scale material. The smooth marbled carbon fiber and wire clip kicked it right out of my pocket fairly quickly as a every day carry, and ultimately is what made me sell it.(way to slippery) I’d love some more options of it, I would definitely try it again.
Josh
DukeNiemand

Post by DukeNiemand »

Dazen wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:59 am
I feel the same, I love everything about it including the smooth CF and no jimping. If they did a sprint I would love to see them use LC200N, Ti Liners, Marbled CF and maybe a yellow backspacer to designate a Salt model.

I can’t wait to see the Slip Joint collaboration!
I like this idea, especially the yellow backspacer. LC200N would also be my top choice, but I'd be happy with any high wear resistance stainless, perhaps m390 or s110v. I'd also love a lightweight version with FRN scales and BD1N.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Not the Kapara for me but I have had this issue with the Military and now the Caribbean. It's not a bad problem to have but it is kind of a bummer when everyone else is excited for whatever model and I'm sitting over here not seeing the big deal.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Dazen wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:59 am
YES! This would make it an almost perfect knife.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Cambertree

Post by Cambertree »

It’s a beautiful and functional design for sure, and superbly rendered by the Taichung makers.

If I could nominate a small variation I’d like to see, it would be a heavy swedge to reduce the blade’s spine width and wedgelike binding when cutting through thick materials like heavy cardboard.

Kinda like the outstanding Gayle Bradley 1 blade swedge.

I’d also like to see more knives with that sweet 3D contour of the handle scales.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Not just you, Chris, although my choice(s) for "nothing can compare with..." are different.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!