New Salt sprint run idea

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Haunted House

New Salt sprint run idea

Post by Haunted House »

With the Salt lineup being so well loved, and all the LC200N interest & inquires about it on Salts, I came up with an idea-

How about a Salt lineup sprint run?

Much like how the Seki lineup all got the Hap40/burnt orange treatment- how about the Seki Salt lineup get a sprint run with LC200N & a different handle color?
Maybe something like a neon green handle that would compliment the current neon yellow? Or maybe a turquoise/tropic blue?
“Tropic” version has a nice ring to it.

Being a Delica lover, originally I was thinking just the Salt 2, but it seems everyone has a different favorite Salt model, from the Dragonfly to the Pacific.
If the steel has to be shipped to Japan, it would make sense to send a good bit at once. And rather than make a large quantity of one model, why not make some of all the models, or perhaps just the most popular ones?
(Just make sure the SE & PE Wharncliffe Salt 2 & Dragonfly get some love ;) )

I think it would be really cool, and inclusive for all Spyderco fans. Salt users would get something new and cool/collectible, limited edition collectors would get new versions, collectors of certain models(like Delica, dragonfly, etc) would get new versions, blade steel guys & people who value corrosion resistance would get new platforms for LC200N, Wharncliffe fans get new Wharnies, etc.
Everybody happy happy :D

I don’t know how feasible it is or how much interest there would be, Just thought I’d throw the idea out there.
Zachreed1

Re: New Salt sprint run idea

Post by Zachreed1 »

Haunted House wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:42 pm
With the Salt lineup being so well loved, and all the LC200N interest & inquires about it on Salts, I came up with an idea-

How about a Salt lineup sprint run?

Much like how the Seki lineup all got the Hap40/burnt orange treatment- how about the Seki Salt lineup get a sprint run with LC200N & a different handle color?
Maybe something like a neon green handle that would compliment the current neon yellow? Or maybe a turquoise/tropic blue?
“Tropic” version has a nice ring to it.

Being a Delica lover, originally I was thinking just the Salt 2, but it seems everyone has a different favorite Salt model, from the Dragonfly to the Pacific.
If the steel has to be shipped to Japan, it would make sense to send a good bit at once. And rather than make a large quantity of one model, why not make some of all the models, or perhaps just the most popular ones?
(Just make sure the SE & PE Wharncliffe Salt 2 & Dragonfly get some love ;) )

I think it would be really cool, and inclusive for all Spyderco fans. Salt users would get something new and cool/collectible, limited edition collectors would get new versions, collectors of certain models(like Delica, dragonfly, etc) would get new versions, blade steel guys & people who value corrosion resistance would get new platforms for LC200N, Wharncliffe fans get new Wharnies, etc.
Everybody happy happy :D

I don’t know how feasible it is or how much interest there would be, Just thought I’d throw the idea out there.
I would love to see a whole line of LC200n models. A salt 3 in lc200n and I would never buy another knife, but it has to have that FFG
Delica/endura FFG vg10, p3lw Bd1n, pm2 s30v, dragonfly salt
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

I’d love to see another sprint run of the Spyderhawk, exactly as it was, with a different color FRN.
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

I'd absolutely use and carry often, a Salt 2 LC200N FFG, green handles, or black, PE and SE. I'd probably carry both of them at the same time.
- best wishes, Jazz.
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

i’d buy a ffg pe df2 in lc200n in a heartbeat.

edit: but i’d like it to be production and not a sprint. i don’t want anything enough to camp out on a website and fight for my chance at it. not worth it.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
Burton Knut

Post by Burton Knut »

I’d be in for a few models. Namely, SE Salt 2 Wharnie, Spyderhawk (both edges if available) and a Dragonfly PE to start...maybe a Pacific Salt PE too. “Tropic” blue sounds intriguing, but I wouldn’t mind the bright green either.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

I think a Salt Sprint across all models would be a great idea!
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Ayoob SE Salt. /thead
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Dazen wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:54 pm
I’d love to see another sprint run of the Spyderhawk, exactly as it was, with a different color FRN.
I'd buy that.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

If your proposal means the ffg serrated Endura I am always advocating for would come to life, I would not complain to see it linerless, in LC200N and being called "Pacific Salt 2 sprint run"... :D
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

Salt Des Horn FRN in Alaska Flag blue!
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

Shaman salt!
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

Yes please, extra salt! :D
-Turbo
tonijedi

Post by tonijedi »

Ok, but NOT a sprint, please.
Bamalt1

Post by Bamalt1 »

I NEED a Kapara Salt.
S35VN PM2, Spydiechef, M4 Manix 2 XL, Rex 45 Shaman, Kapara, M4 PM2 Tanto, Ultatech BH, Techno 2, 20CV Yojimbo 2
Holland

Post by Holland »

Sounds like a good plan

I would buy a delica/salt 2 and dragonfly (like usual :D)
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

LC200N THE WORLD!

#savetheliners
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Mike Slayer

Post by Mike Slayer »

You had me at LC200N.