Parata paradox?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Dodge

Parata paradox?

Post by Dodge »

Does anyone have any ideas on why it’s taking so long for BHQ and KC to restock?

Before anyone tells me it’s in stock someplace else, It was purchased for me as a gift and I can not ask the person to cancel and reorder.

Did the Parata oversell or something? Did it have a CQI update that delayed it? Did Sal and Co. run out of unobtainum and have to mine more?

I’ve been waiting 6 months for the order. Went to the local fun show and one vendor had one at almost double the price paid. It’s a nice design and I can see it being popular but it’s in stock at other vendors. So it can’t be that popular, right?

Blade HQ and Knife Center need to do a better job informing preorder customers on wait times.
Flash Batch request: Flat Iron Salt (CE w/ yellow FRN)
New knife request: Police 4 Salt!!!

“Don’t be so open minded that your brain falls out”
elduderino04

Re: Parata paradox?

Post by elduderino04 »

Unfortunately I don't have much insight into the causes of the delay. I would guess that since the design is so unique, they might have started with a relatively small run to gauge interest and we're just waiting on manufacturing schedules for the next batch? You're right about preorders, they're usually kind of a shot in the dark. To be fair to the retailers, they may not have any information on a wait time from Spyderco, so they may not be able to provide any meaningful update.
JacksonKnives

Post by JacksonKnives »

Same thing happened to me with the Ikuchi. They sold preorders based on expected delivery, and didn't get enough to meet demand. I got one when the second run came out.
Have you contacted them?
Dodge

Post by Dodge »

Yeah they said no update yet. :confused:
Flash Batch request: Flat Iron Salt (CE w/ yellow FRN)
New knife request: Police 4 Salt!!!

“Don’t be so open minded that your brain falls out”