Delica 4 Sprints / Exclusives / Limited Editions List

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JuPaul

Re: Delica 4 Sprints / Exclusives / Limited Editions List

Post by JuPaul »

Sounds like a very fun project! I know Bento Box Shop has several of the models you want still in stock, although you may dig them up for cheaper elsewhere (or find used ones). Are you only wanting the Delica 4 frn models? Once you track all those down, it could be fun to find some of the earlier (delica 3, etc) variations, too!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
JaseRicco

Post by JaseRicco »

Wartstein wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:54 pm
JaseRicco wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:46 pm
Wartstein wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:40 pm
JaseRicco wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:45 pm

Honestly, the sharpmaker is all you need for any steel- especially if you stay on top and don't let your knives let get too dull in the first place...watch the insructional dvd and maybe search (or ask) for some tips on the forum, and you'll be a happy camper!

For harder steels and stuff like reprofiling you could consider getting CBN (which I have and like a lot) or diamond rods.
Good to know.

Reprofliling, beveling, 30 degrees vs 40... :confused:
I think you should post and ask these questions by starting a dedicated thread... ;)
I am sure many will be glad to give advice (me included, but in the context of this forum I know just little about sgarpening)

(Or search for already existing threads alternatively)

I've read through a lot of the sharpening threads, just letting you know that the in depths about sharpening is a bit confusing, that's all.

Thanks Wartstein!!
Last edited by JaseRicco on Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jase

Current:
Para 3 LWT & Delica 4 Damascus KnifeJoy Exclusive

On The Hunt For:
Delica 4 Sprints & Exclusives (Background here...viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85708)

Sold:
Delica 4 Wharncliffe, Delica 4 Wharncliffe S30V Cutlery Shoppe Exclusive, Lil Matriarch Bento Box Shop Exclusive
JaseRicco

Post by JaseRicco »

Wartstein wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:58 pm
JaseRicco wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:52 pm

Any here that you guys feel is a must have??

HAP 40 would be my first choice... (and I know, you ruled that blade shape out, but still: I'd go wharncliff).

Ok, HAP40 :spyder:
Last edited by JaseRicco on Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jase

Current:

On The Hunt For:

Sold:
Delica 4 Wharncliffe, Delica 4 Wharncliffe S30V Cutlery Shoppe Exclusive, Lil Matriarch Bento Box Shop Exclusive
JaseRicco

Post by JaseRicco »

tbdoc4kids wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:05 pm
Get the currently available ones first (KnifeJoy for example), then work on the older, hard to find types.

That said, the Super Blue is great, but also pricey.

Good point. Think I will start with the newer releases that are NOT so pricey, then move to older and pricey models down the line.

Thanks.
Jase

Current:

On The Hunt For:

Sold:
JaseRicco

Post by JaseRicco »

Wartstein wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:13 pm
Wartstein wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:58 pm
JaseRicco wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:52 pm

Any here that you guys feel is a must have??

HAP 40 would be my first choice... (and I know, you ruled that blade shape out, but still: I'd go wharncliff).

Quoting myself here, but another thing that speaks for wharncliff Delica should you choose to go HAP40: It still can be found for under 100 USD (Delica HAP40 wharnie I mean)

EDIT: Just saw in your signature that you already sold two Wharnie Delicas. So, ok, really not for you it seems.. ;)

lol. Ya, I just didn't find the Wharncliffe to be a useful EDC for my uses, which are limited day to day. Now, if I was someone who needed a knife to make intricate and precise cuts, or used my knife for a lot of slicing...def. the knife to have, no doubt.
Jase

Current:

On The Hunt For:

Sold:
JaseRicco

Post by JaseRicco »

JuPaul wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:46 am
Sounds like a very fun project! I know Bento Box Shop has several of the models you want still in stock, although you may dig them up for cheaper elsewhere (or find used ones). Are you only wanting the Delica 4 frn models? Once you track all those down, it could be fun to find some of the earlier (delica 3, etc) variations, too!

That's what I'm thinking, going to see if I can find most, or all of these on the used market before looking at new.

As of right now, I'm keeping it to the Declia 4's, ****, that's 13 knives that I have to hunt down. This will keep me busy for a while :D

I think I came to this conclusion, because it seems to me, that the Delica's have the most variations; scales, exclusives, sprint runs etc... I can't think of another Spyderco knife that can be found in as many variations. Plus, for my use, a knife like the Delica is the perfect EDC.

Now, once I collect all the ones I have my eyes on, I would most likely move to the other scale materials like Pakkawood, Carbon Fiber etc... Then maybe earlier Delica's like the 3.
Jase

Current:

On The Hunt For:

Sold:
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

JaseRicco wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:44 am
JuPaul wrote:

That's what I'm thinking, going to see if I can find most, or all of these on the used market before looking at new.

As of right now, I'm keeping it to the Declia 4's, ****, that's 13 knives that I have to hunt down. This will keep me busy for a while :D

I think I came to this conclusion, because it seems to me, that the Delica's have the most variations; scales, exclusives, sprint runs etc... I can't think of another Spyderco knife that can be found in as many variations. Plus, for my use, a knife like the Delica is the perfect EDC.

Now, once I collect all the ones I have my eyes on, I would most likely move to the other scale materials like Pakkawood, Carbon Fiber etc... Then maybe earlier Delica's like the 3.

Man, I am looking forward to pics of your then-collection some day... :)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

^^^Me, too!

If you think you might ever want the carbon fiber or pakkawood handled ones, though, you might consider grabbing them now. Even though they don't fit your collection plan now, it'll save you a lot of money to get any currently available exclusive models while they're still for sale at MAP pricing. Not meaning to push, just to give you a heads up.
- Julia

JaseRicco

Post by JaseRicco »

Wartstein wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:21 am
JaseRicco wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:44 am
JuPaul wrote:

Man, I am looking forward to pics of your then-collection some day... :)

Me Too :D
Jase

Current:

On The Hunt For:

Sold:
JaseRicco

Post by JaseRicco »

JuPaul wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:39 am
^^^Me, too!

If you think you might ever want the carbon fiber or pakkawood handled ones, though, you might consider grabbing them now. Even though they don't fit your collection plan now, it'll save you a lot of money to get any currently available exclusive models while they're still for sale at MAP pricing. Not meaning to push, just to give you a heads up.

Appreciate the advice, thanks man!!
Jase

Current:

On The Hunt For:

Sold:
AwayFromMySpydieHole

Post by AwayFromMySpydieHole »

JuPaul wrote:
^^^Me, too!

There is a carbon fiber model still available now? Can I ask where? Thanks man!
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

JaseRicco wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:39 pm
JuPaul wrote:

AwayFromMySpydieHole wrote:
JuPaul wrote:
^^^Me, too!

If you think you might ever want the carbon fiber or pakkawood handled ones......

Guys, just for your info: She´s a woman... ;)
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:54 am
JuPaul wrote:
^^^Me, too!

Yep. It's been marked down, too.

https://www.safeandlockstore.com/knives ... ber-knife/
- Julia

JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Wartstein wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:06 am
JaseRicco wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:39 pm
JuPaul wrote:

JuPaul wrote:
^^^Me, too!

If you think you might ever want the carbon fiber or pakkawood handled ones......

Guys, just for your info: She´s a woman... ;)
True! Thanks, Wartstein. ;)
- Julia

JaseRicco

Post by JaseRicco »

Shameful, just shameful :( I'm such a sexist thinking that everyone on here I talk to are men. I should know better. I'm better than this, I will do better. :D

Apologies JuPaul :D

lol, thanks Wartstein, are you a guy :confused: :D
Jase

Current:

On The Hunt For:

Sold:
AwayFromMySpydieHole

JaseRicco wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:35 am
Shameful, just shameful :( I'm such a sexist thinking that everyone on here I talk to are men. I should know better. I'm better than this, I will do better. :D

It's not shameful, come on. :rolleyes:

How PC we've all become. It's more like an "oh, I didn't know!" Honest mistakes aren't shameful, sexist, etc.
AwayFromMySpydieHole

JuPaul wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:49 am
Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:54 am
JuPaul wrote:
^^^Me, too!

Yep. It's been marked down, too.

https://www.safeandlockstore.com/knives ... ber-knife/

Sick. How did I miss this?

Thanks! (insert totally impersonal, sex-neutral, vanilla idiom here so I'm not persecuted by the PC police)
JaseRicco

Post by JaseRicco »

Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:58 am
JaseRicco wrote:

It's not shameful, come on. :rolleyes:

How PC we've all become. It's more like an "oh, I didn't know!" Honest mistakes aren't shameful, sexist, etc.

Absolutely, I was just making a funny lol.
Jase

Current:

On The Hunt For:

Sold:
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

JaseRicco wrote:

lol, thanks Wartstein, are you a guy
:confused: :D

Well, last (and each) time I checked I definitely was... ;)
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

JaseRicco wrote:

Lol! No worries, there's really no way of knowing on here since I didn't pick a gendered forum name. And it's a pretty safe assumption that most people on here are men. As far as I know, there's only a few women that are regulars right now.

-Julia
- Julia