LUM China Folder Hardware

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ManToMonster

LUM China Folder Hardware

Post by ManToMonster »

Good Morning All.
I would sure like to know if any hardware for my Original Lum is interchangeable with another model? Screws and pocket clip are the main thing. Mine has titanium scales and if a beautiful blank canvas. Thank You. M2M

Re: LUM China Folder Hardware

Post by 013 »

Welcome ManToMonster.
You might have some luck calling Spyderco to ask.
The sword the body wounds, sharp words the mind.
- Menander :spyder:
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Not familiar with the titanium version, but if it uses the same clip as the almite coated aluminum ones shown below, there are going to be few, if any, other models that used it. Swapping screws, with the possible exception of clip screws, between models will also be problematic.

Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

The Deacon wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:23 pm
Not familiar with the titanium version, but if it uses the same clip as the almite coated aluminum ones shown below, there are going to be few, if any, other models that used it. Swapping screws, with the possible exception of clip screws, between models will also be problematic.

Hi Paul, Do you know if the clips you have on your Lums are available and do they fit the large Lum? I'd like to buy a polished stainless one for my large Pink Lum. :)
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Bloke wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:06 pm
Hi Paul, Do you know if the clips you have on your Lums are available and do they fit the large Lum? I'd like to buy a polished stainless one for my large Pink Lum. :)
Hi Bloke, the large Lum Chinese folders use the standard 3-hole screw pattern of the Delica, Endura, etc. You can just swap a silver one right on!

Given that standard hole pattern, aftermarket clips (Lynch, MXG Gear) also fit the large ones just fine. :)
Last edited by RadioactiveSpyder on Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

ManToMonster wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:35 am
Good Morning All.
I would sure like to know if any hardware for my Original Lum is interchangeable with another model? Screws and pocket clip are the main thing. Mine has titanium scales and if a beautiful blank canvas. Thank You. M2M
Hi there, unfortunately the Lum clips are specific to that model and not interchangeable with other models. The only exception to that is the newest HAP40 natural G10 sprint model. I have seen Ti Lums with standard 3-hole pattern clips on them, however new clip holes had to be drilled and tapped in the standard 3-hole pattern. Hope that helps!
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:58 pm
Hi Bloke, the large Lum Chinese folders use the standard 3-hole screw pattern of the Delica, Endura, etc. You can just swap a silver one right on!

Given that standard hole pattern, aftermarket clips (Lynch, MXG Gear) also fit the large ones just fine. :)
Many Thanks, Spyder! :cool:

The black clip looks like a fly in the ointment so I paint stripped it. It’s ended up a matt gunmetal colour and now that I know the “Half Moon” clips won’t fit I’ll just polish it up on a buffing wheel and a little polish on a bench grinder.

Thanks again! :)
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin