Brouwer Clip Placement - 2020 Catalog

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
hovan2yourknives
Member
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:48 pm
Location: Rockland County, NY
Contact:

Brouwer Clip Placement - 2020 Catalog

Postby hovan2yourknives » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:07 pm

I just noticed in the new catalog that it seems like the pocket clip placement has been adjusted to provide a deeper carry. However, it is only adjusted on the lock-bar side for right-hand carry which is a little curious (if the photo is accurate). If these images are accurate...I will finally get one!

Can anyone confirm or deny that this is a CQI adjustment?
Attachments
864DAA5A-5121-448D-9857-AFC8AFCC2C1C.jpeg

User avatar
Mushroom
Member
Posts: 1984
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:45 pm
Location: Boston, Ma. U.S.A. Earth

Postby Mushroom » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:18 pm

Yes, I can confirm the Brouwer clip placement definitely went through a CQI change.

When I was in the SFO this past November I directly compared both versions and in my opinion, the clip placement after CQI is definitely an improvement.
- Nick

:spyder:

hovan2yourknives
Member
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:48 pm
Location: Rockland County, NY
Contact:

Re:

Postby hovan2yourknives » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:36 pm

Mushroom wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:18 pm
Yes, I can confirm the Brouwer clip placement definitely went through a CQI change.

When I was in the SFO this past November I directly compared both versions and in my opinion, the clip placement after CQI is definitely an improvement.
Thanks!

ABX2011
Member
Posts: 1787
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:54 pm

Re: Brouwer Clip Placement - 2020 Catalog

Postby ABX2011 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:18 pm

Good eye! That's a welcome change.

User avatar
Larry_Mott
Member
Posts: 2094
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:00 am
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden

Re: Brouwer Clip Placement - 2020 Catalog

Postby Larry_Mott » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:41 am

I don't have a problem with the clip as is.. Oh well :)
On a side note - how do you pronounce Brouwer? Brow, like eyebrow or Brew, like coffee?
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott R.I.P.

The Meat man
Member
Posts: 3141
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: Brouwer Clip Placement - 2020 Catalog

Postby The Meat man » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:17 am

Larry_Mott wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:41 am
I don't have a problem with the clip as is.. Oh well :)
On a side note - how do you pronounce Brouwer? Brow, like eyebrow or Brew, like coffee?
I've always heard it pronounced the former. (Brow as in eyebrow)
- Connor

"You live and learn. At any rate, you live."

Marulaghost
Member
Posts: 319
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:02 pm

Re: Brouwer Clip Placement - 2020 Catalog

Postby Marulaghost » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:07 am

Larry_Mott wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:41 am
I don't have a problem with the clip as is.. Oh well :)
On a side note - how do you pronounce Brouwer? Brow, like eyebrow or Brew, like coffee?
Brouwer is a Dutch designer.
So Brou would be like eyebrow.
But the W should be a sharp F like Field
So it would be "Browfer"

User avatar
Larry_Mott
Member
Posts: 2094
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:00 am
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden

Re: Brouwer Clip Placement - 2020 Catalog

Postby Larry_Mott » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:42 am

Marulaghost wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:07 am
Larry_Mott wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:41 am
I don't have a problem with the clip as is.. Oh well :)
On a side note - how do you pronounce Brouwer? Brow, like eyebrow or Brew, like coffee?
Brouwer is a Dutch designer.
So Brou would be like eyebrow.
But the W should be a sharp F like Field
So it would be "Browfer"
I thought it was the 'V' that was pronounced 'F', not the W oh well :)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott R.I.P.

G_shark
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:23 am

Re: Brouwer Clip Placement - 2020 Catalog

Postby G_shark » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:40 pm

Larry_Mott wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:42 am

I thought it was the 'V' that was pronounced 'F', not the W oh well :)
You are correct.
Source: me, born and raised speaking Dutch.

User avatar
Larry_Mott
Member
Posts: 2094
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:00 am
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden

Re: Brouwer Clip Placement - 2020 Catalog

Postby Larry_Mott » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:57 pm

G_shark wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:40 pm
Larry_Mott wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:42 am

I thought it was the 'V' that was pronounced 'F', not the W oh well :)
You are correct.
Source: me, born and raised speaking Dutch.
I have vague memories of someone telling me how to pronounce Cornelis Vreeswijk's name right decades ago :)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott R.I.P.

User avatar
Surfingringo
Member
Posts: 5384
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:02 pm
Location: Costa Rica

Re: Brouwer Clip Placement - 2020 Catalog

Postby Surfingringo » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:39 pm

G_shark wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:40 pm
Larry_Mott wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:42 am

I thought it was the 'V' that was pronounced 'F', not the W oh well :)
You are correct.
Source: me, born and raised speaking Dutch.
I would assume that the W is pronounced as V as in German?

User avatar
Larry_Mott
Member
Posts: 2094
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:00 am
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden

Re: Brouwer Clip Placement - 2020 Catalog

Postby Larry_Mott » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:01 pm

Surfingringo wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:39 pm
G_shark wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:40 pm
Larry_Mott wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:42 am

I thought it was the 'V' that was pronounced 'F', not the W oh well :)
You are correct.
Source: me, born and raised speaking Dutch.
I would assume that the W is pronounced as V as in German?
Volkswagen is pronounced Folkswagen. (In Germany and Sweden at least :) )
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott R.I.P.

User avatar
Wartstein
Member
Posts: 4425
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:06 am
Location: Salzburg, Austria, Europe

Re: Brouwer Clip Placement - 2020 Catalog

Postby Wartstein » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:10 pm

Larry_Mott wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:01 pm
Surfingringo wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:39 pm
G_shark wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:40 pm
Larry_Mott wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:42 am

I thought it was the 'V' that was pronounced 'F', not the W oh well :)
You are correct.
Source: me, born and raised speaking Dutch.
I would assume that the W is pronounced as V as in German?
Volkswagen is pronounced Folkswagen. (In Germany and Sweden at least :) )
Same in Austria ;)
Top three going by pocket-time: Endura 4 in VG 10/Micarta-scales; Stretch 1 in VG 10; Endura 4 in HAP 40

Marulaghost
Member
Posts: 319
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:02 pm

Re: Brouwer Clip Placement - 2020 Catalog

Postby Marulaghost » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:37 pm

You guys are completely correct. I had a brain fart

G_shark
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:23 am

Re: Brouwer Clip Placement - 2020 Catalog

Postby G_shark » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:40 pm

Surfingringo wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:39 pm
G_shark wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:40 pm
Larry_Mott wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:42 am

I thought it was the 'V' that was pronounced 'F', not the W oh well :)
You are correct.
Source: me, born and raised speaking Dutch.
I would assume that the W is pronounced as V as in German?
Well, no 😁

User avatar
gull wing
Member
Posts: 3216
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:33 am
Location: Louisiana USA

Re: Brouwer Clip Placement - 2020 Catalog

Postby gull wing » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:56 pm

The clip movement is an improvement, but the MXG short clip is better. The standard clip is still too long.
Image
SCARAMOUCHE! :spyder:

User avatar
Mushroom
Member
Posts: 1984
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:45 pm
Location: Boston, Ma. U.S.A. Earth

Re: Brouwer Clip Placement - 2020 Catalog

Postby Mushroom » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:22 pm

gull wing wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:56 pm
The clip movement is an improvement, but the MXG short clip is better. The standard clip is still too long.
[img] https://i.imgur.com/tvLc36F.jpg [img]
As part of the CQI, the standard clip was also downsized on the new version of the Brouwer. Just something I forgot to mention in my other post. :spyder:
- Nick

:spyder:

Notsurewhy
Member
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:57 pm

Re: Brouwer Clip Placement - 2020 Catalog

Postby Notsurewhy » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:13 pm

gull wing wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:56 pm
The clip movement is an improvement, but the MXG short clip is better. The standard clip is still too long.
Which clip hole pattern does the browser have? Didn't see it in the clip thread.

Cscottsss
Member
Posts: 333
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:33 am
Location: Lexington, KY

Re: Brouwer Clip Placement - 2020 Catalog

Postby Cscottsss » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:32 am

I want to get one of these but I really just can't get past the green scale color.

soulspy
Member
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:48 am
Location: NorCal

Re: Brouwer Clip Placement - 2020 Catalog

Postby soulspy » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:21 am

Cscottsss wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:32 am
I want to get one of these but I really just can't get past the green scale color.
There is a flytanium copper and a Ti scale that replaces the green side.


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 5-by-5, ABX2011, Baron Mind, Buddafucco, JMM, Johncjeff, Majestic-12 [Bot], MSN [Bot], spambait11 and 29 guests