2020 Spyderco Product Guide

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
CrayzCanuck

Re: 2020 Spyderco Product Guide

Post by CrayzCanuck »

TazKristi wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:51 pm
CrayzCanuck wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:30 pm
Excited about the catalogue release! I submitted for a hardcopy as well.

Unfortunately due to vision issues I can’t read it unless they can get me an all text format

Could someone tell me if there are any new releases of the shaman, or other large folder? did they release any information on possible upcoming sprint runs?

Feels like Christmas again.
I can't promise a timeframe, but I'm working on a way to get you an all text file. It'll take a little bit of time to ensure it reads clearly. ;)

Thanks much for the feedback.

Kristi

Thank you soooooooovmuch!!!
kristi you rock! this whole blind thing sucks in the knife world but doesn’t stop me from appreciating Spyderco’s incredible work.
My phone will read simple text to me so if it is an email attachment or a link to one that should work.

I would love to be able to read the catalogue if necessary but more importantly the reveals. I cannot wait for the reveal’s! LOL.
Thank you again so much for your help.
cC
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

Refreshing thread to see if anyone has received their hard copy of the 2020 Product Guide yet?

I feel like it's been quite a while since I signed up for the mailing list and I'm not sure if they just haven't shipped yet, or if my copy was sniped out of my mailbox.. hahah, anybody have any insights?

Thanks! :)
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

DSH007 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:58 pm
Refreshing thread to see if anyone has received their hard copy of the 2020 Product Guide yet?

I feel like it's been quite a while since I signed up for the mailing list and I'm not sure if they just haven't shipped yet, or if my copy was sniped out of my mailbox.. hahah, anybody have any insights?

Hi, DSH007:
You're right, it has been a while. :o

Unfortunately, we've encountered an unforeseen delay in the production of the catalog. We're in daily contact with the appropriate people and doing everything we can to get them here. We haven't mailed any 2020 Product Guides yet, but we hope to very soon. Stay tuned and thanks much for your patience!

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Was there a small batch of catalogs printed already that may have been available at the Amsterdam Meet?
-Nick :bug-red
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

TazKristi wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:03 pm
DSH007 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:58 pm

Hi, DSH007:
You're right, it has been a while. :o

Unfortunately, we've encountered an unforeseen delay in the production of the catalog. We're in daily contact with the appropriate people and doing everything we can to get them here. We haven't mailed any 2020 Product Guides yet, but we hope to very soon. Stay tuned and thanks much for your patience!

Kristi
Thanks so much Kristi, I appreciate the update! No worries on the time-frame as far as I'm concerned, I know you all are working hard to put out a great finished product! I'm just glad to know that nobody swiped it out of my mailbox haha! ;)
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Mushroom wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:35 pm
Was there a small batch of catalogs printed already that may have been available at the Amsterdam Meet?
We did have some for SHOT Show and a few other shows, but I believe that everything shipped out for the Meet and IWA is on its way home to us.

We just received another update this morning. I would anticipate mailings to start within the next couple of weeks.

Thanks much for hanging in there with us!

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Mini2white

Post by Mini2white »

CrayzCanuck wrote:

Unfortunately due to vision issues I can’t read it unless they can get me an all text format

Could someone tell me if there are any new releases of the shaman, or other large folder? did they release any information on possible upcoming sprint runs?

Hello,

I just read this so thought I would try something out. I download the PDF of the catalogue to my computer so I can read it anytime I need to without having to go to the internet. I open this in Adobe Reader DC which is free software.
This software has a reading function in it where it will read the text of the pdf and it can be controlled by page. There may be other products that also do this.
I tried this on the downloaded catalogue and it works fine, The voice is a little mechanic but I understand that can be changed.

I have no idea if you are aware of this or if it may help, but I hope it does.
bigboned

Post by bigboned »

Mini2white wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:05 pm
CrayzCanuck wrote:

Hello,

I just read this so thought I would try something out. I download the PDF of the catalogue to my computer so I can read it anytime I need to without having to go to the internet. I open this in Adobe Reader DC which is free software.
This software has a reading function in it where it will read the text of the pdf and it can be controlled by page. There may be other products that also do this.
I tried this on the downloaded catalogue and it works fine, The voice is a little mechanic but I understand that can be changed.

I have no idea if you are aware of this or if it may help, but I hope it does.
Now thats what i call a worthwhile and helpful post - Kudos Mini2white
Andy
Necker - Ladybug Hawkbill Salt
Mon-Fri - Delica4 in Cruwear
Sat-Sun - Para3 in Cruwear

Urban K390 (2.61"), Bow River (for slicing jerky)

Want to try- PM2 CF M4 OR Cruwear , GB2, Bradley Bowie
Gone - Delica ZDP189, PM2 Cruwear, Para3 LW BD1N, Para3 S30V, Junction, Ti UKPK
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Just got my hard copy in. Thank you Spyderco for continuing to produce such a high quality print catalog! Every year I am more impressed than the last. The fold out cover is wicked cool :D and was a nice surprise! Thanks again, Spyderco!!! :spyder:

(They even have real "Spydiehole's" :D)
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

Got mine in the other day and as always, it's extremely impressive!
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
Shaggy Dog

Post by Shaggy Dog »

I was showing the catalog to someone I know who has been in graphic design for quite a while. They were surprised that such a high quality product was free to customers. They were impressed at even just the cover, and what it takes to make that happen. They also made a comment about the high quality of the materials, and the creative artwork.

Anyways, wanted to say thanks for providing the catalog, and to relay the compliments!
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Shaggy Dog wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:40 pm
I was showing the catalog to someone I know who has been in graphic design for quite a while. They were surprised that such a high quality product was free to customers. They were impressed at even just the cover, and what it takes to make that happen. They also made a comment about the high quality of the materials, and the creative artwork.

Anyways, wanted to say thanks for providing the catalog, and to relay the compliments!
I have a bit of a design background as well and had the exact same thoughts. I'd imagine a lot of time and resources went into the production of this catalog alone. It's just incredible that its given out for free in the manner that it is! Just another reason why I like Spyderco so much. :spyder:
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Got mine the other day. Thank you Spyderco! There's still nothing quite like having a thick, beautifully made physical catalog to pore through. :)
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Since you US-guys just now got the product guide, there´s hope that it will make it to Europe too soon... :)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
justjohn

Post by justjohn »

Congratulations once again Team Spyderco! The new Product Guide is quite the publication. If there was a product guide/catalog annual award Spyderco would have yet another trophy under their belt. I realize the Guide is a collective offering of what Spyderco is producing, however; the design, composition, and aesthetic appeal are superb. Just goes to prove what I already know, Spyderco is a CLASS ACT! :D
- John

:bug-red "Spyderco"...Vēnērunt, vīdērunt, vīcērunt :bug-red
Higher

Post by Higher »

I got my catalog! I am very happy!
This is just a work of art!
Thanks!
I use translator most of the time.

There was a link to the old Spyderco catalogs.
Mini2white

Post by Mini2white »

Wartstein wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:59 pm
Since you US-guys just now got the product guide, there´s hope that it will make it to Europe too soon... :)
I'm hoping the reveal might be included in it as well for us downunder.