2020 reveal predictions?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Pancake

Re: 2020 reveal predictions?

Post by Pancake »

Wartstein wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:53 am
Pancake wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:25 am
pantagana23 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:55 am

Ok, you all know what I meant.

But let's get back to the product - who else thinks Tenacious back lock would be a good idea and would buy one or more if available?
I know I would, because of 2 things: edge length = blade length and the design, if left unchanged from outside.
Maybe I am weird, but I would like to see it made in Golden, with better steel, as a mid-end model.
I think that backlock with edge all the way to the handle would fill the gap in production.

In that case I'm weird too... :D
:D :D Or maybe just a similar taste in design.

Spyderco has a knife with a modified backlock (power lock) that has edge all the way to the handle - Chinook 4. It would be nice to have something like it but with more traditional blade.
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Pancake wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:14 am
Wartstein wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:53 am
Pancake wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:25 am
pantagana23 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:55 am

Ok, you all know what I meant.

But let's get back to the product - who else thinks Tenacious back lock would be a good idea and would buy one or more if available?
I know I would, because of 2 things: edge length = blade length and the design, if left unchanged from outside.
Maybe I am weird, but I would like to see it made in Golden, with better steel, as a mid-end model.
I think that backlock with edge all the way to the handle would fill the gap in production.

In that case I'm weird too... :D
:D :D Or maybe just a similar taste in design.

Spyderco has a knife with a modified backlock (power lock) that has edge all the way to the handle - Chinook 4. It would be nice to have something like it but with more traditional blade.

The Centofante also has edge all the way to the handle and is a backlock knife ... I wish it came in ffg!
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
pantagana23

Post by pantagana23 »

Wartstein wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:17 am
The Centofante also has edge all the way to the handle and is a backlock knife ... I wish it came in ffg!
And with option to put the clip on the left side.
Been watching that one for a while, but the inability to clip it for left hand carry turned me off.

Any gifted photoshoppers here to put a back lock on Tenacious? :D
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

Centofante could use a bit of modernization (shrink the bug, double sided clip, a more modern texture on the handle/just carbon fiber the slabs, etc)