Merry Christmas! Paramilitary II in Maxamet dropping all over the place

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Raymond3

Merry Christmas! Paramilitary II in Maxamet dropping all over the place

Post by Raymond3 »

Thank you Spyderco for continuing this delightful model! I have owned about 120 Spydies over the past 20 years, in many steels. This has them all beat for edge retention.

Was just able to snag a backup PM2 Maxamet up today.

This has been my EDC since it was new, and is now my favorite PM2, and my single favorite EDC!

Merry Christmas everyone.
tbdoc4kids

Re: Merry Christmas! Paramilitary II in Maxamet dropping all over the place

Post by tbdoc4kids »

In and now out of stock at DLT.
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Not really dropping all over the place???

I got the email from DLT around 10 a.m. and didn't find it until about 5 hours later. Of course they were oos when I went to their website. Then visited Knifeworks, Knife Center, Cutlery Shoppe, Knives Plus, and National Knives and they did not have them either ... so I don't think the dropping all over the place is accurate and I wonder if DLT found a couple that were misplaced in the warehouse????

There is so much to spend your money on and if these aren't going to be produced in numbers sufficient so retailers can have them in stock most of the time, then I'm going to give up on this spyderco game and spend the money elsewhere. Better take my money when I'm offering it... because someone else will!

I went to Amazon and purchased Makita cordless tools and car detailing equipment instead.

Think my knife collecting days are winding down.

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
tbdoc4kids

Post by tbdoc4kids »

In stock at BladeHQ.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

cycleguy wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:04 pm

I got the email from DLT around 10 a.m. and didn't find it until about 5 hours later. Of course they were oos when I went to their website. Then visited Knifeworks, Knife Center, Cutlery Shoppe, Knives Plus, and National Knives and they did not have them either ... so I don't think the dropping all over the place is accurate and I wonder if DLT found a couple that were misplaced in the warehouse????

There is so much to spend your money on and if these aren't going to be produced in numbers sufficient so retailers can have them in stock most of the time, then I'm going to give up on this spyderco game and spend the money elsewhere. Better take my money when I'm offering it... because someone else will!

I went to Amazon and purchased Makita cordless tools and car detailing equipment instead.

CG
And so what I have been warning about is coming to pass.
SSD_777

Post by SSD_777 »

Para 3 Maxamet currently in stock at bladeops.com
AwayFromMySpydieHole

Post by AwayFromMySpydieHole »

Man. This is bad timing for me. :(

Been waiting on these for months and now it comes in stock....right when I shouldn’t spend money. We sort of over extended to make this Christmas huge for the kids. Well worth it, but sucks that I will likely miss it again.
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

It's that Murphy guy... he knows I just dropped $618 on other merchandise so he decided to show up again!!!

Last time I posted to the forum on an available date for this PM2, everyone said it wouldn't happen anytime too soon; so I spent my money and they showed up the day after. Well, deja vu... it's now becoming comical :D :D :D

Thanks for the heads up on the PM2....

CG
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

tbdoc4kids wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:44 pm
In stock at BladeHQ.
Thanks for the heads-up. Snagged one!
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:35 pm
cycleguy wrote:

CG
And so what I have been warning about is coming to pass.
:rolleyes:
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

OOS@BHQ

CG
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

cycleguy wrote:

CG
I totally understand what you're saying about winding down. I'll always love my Spydercos, and I'll never get rid of the (smallish number of) ones I have, but until something comes along that not only can I simply not live without, but also is substantially different from and significantly adds to what I already have, I can't see myself buying much more, at least at this juncture. As you say, there are lots of expenditures one must make and wants to make, and one doesn't always have the luxury of buying whatever one fancies, does one? Lol
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Maxamet PM2 Chapter Three, "An Interesting twist of events..."

I did get an order in with BHQ before they went OOS.

My Amazon orders have been sitting idle (not charged to CC) since placed (which I've never experienced with Amazon .. holidays maybe??? ... fate????) so I cancelled enuff (spydie spelling :D) of the orders to cover the Spyderco.

If all goes as planned, my last knife of 2019 will be the Maxamet PM2.

As I said before, you had better take the money when I'm offering it as there are plenty of people that will...

CG
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

Thanks for the heads up. I've been passing on the available LW Maxamet knives waiting for the Para2 to roll around again.
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

shunsui wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:51 am
Thanks for the heads up. I've been passing on the available LW Maxamet knives waiting for the Para2 to roll around again.
Was carrying the Manix 2 maxamet today. Your comment reminded me of one of the guesses as to one of next year's new models which is a pm2 lwt. Wouldn't it be amazing if it was maxamet? I think I'm ready for a lwt pm2 with deep carry
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

I'm more of an Endura guy. I've got the S110V Manix 2 LW and I usually fumble it a bit because it's so light. Good to have something for everyone though.
ncvarmint

Post by ncvarmint »

I ordered a paramilitary 2 Maxamet Thursday and it is supposed to be here Monday. Excited to try this steel. Now if i can get my green/knifejoy para 2 gone i will get a Blue/black m390 para 2. this hobby is getting expensive for Sure
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Maxamet PM2 Chapter Four, "Arrived Jan 2 and now in-hand..."

I have a hard time spending +$200 on a folder, just my personal comfort zone, so this purchase was stretching my envelope. Now that I have it in hand I am feeling no regrets!

It's a PM2 so everything that can be said has been said... and most of you know it first hand anyways.

It will be a while before I get around to using it and experiencing MAXAMET as I have so many other knives and steels to try right now. A little terrified about the day when this one needs to be sharpened. Maybe I'll run it to SFO and save my diamonds!!

In the meantime, I'm just really enjoying it for being a PM2. The unfinished clip, blade and hardware; dark lettering and logo; and the gray g10 scales compliment each other and make for a very attractive knife (and I'm usually not a fan of gray but like this shade of it).

Unfortunately these have gone up in price but I think still likely worth it for many.

Now I would really like to have a Delica (favorite folder) in MAXAMET... :p

CG
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

I was just over at BHQ webpage and noticed these were listed as "in stock". You're welcome!

CG