Christmas Spyderco

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Manixguy@1994

Christmas Spyderco

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Hello everyone! Been awhile so thought I would drop in . Got my annual Christmas knife a Q Ball . Sadly mailing off to Golden for evaluation. Opens smoothly but can barely close with two hands . Lock spring may be the culprit. First time ever a problem in 100 Spyderco knives. Feels great in hand . Love a Wharnie . Hope everyone has a happy and safe Christmas.
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
TazKristi

Re: Christmas Spyderco

Post by TazKristi »

Hi, Manixguy@1994:
Merry Christmas to you too! I'm moving this thread into General Discussion so more members can see it. ;)

Have a very safe and Happy New Year!

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

I bought one of the Qballs on clearance at the seconds sale. Worst lock stick I've ever had on a knife. I've been working on the tang to smooth the locking surface which seems to be helping, but if I let it snap open hard, I need a screwdriver to pry the ball back to release.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Thanks Yab ! Hope you are doing well. Just notified QBall made it to Golden . Hope it can be resolved really like this knife. Usually go big but the Wharnie blade won me over . ATR3 and a Dragon Fly H1 have been my most carry this year along with lefty Military and PM S90V CF .
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
awa54

Post by awa54 »

My Christmas Spydie was a Manix M390, as a Manixguy I thought you might appreciate that ;)

Good luck with the Q Ball!
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...