TNP Blue Dragonfly C28PBBL2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Tabo

TNP Blue Dragonfly C28PBBL2

Post by Tabo »

How did this one fly under the radar? I’m guessing most sold through his page. Not a huge fan of him but that is one sweet looking Dragonfly!

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Special-T ... ncy--96363
Sumdumguy

Re: TNP Blue Dragonfly C28PBBL2

Post by Sumdumguy »

I don't like DLC, but that looks sharp!

Edit: Until I saw that gaudy emblem on the other side of the blade. Eww, I'll pass!
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

NOOOO! I’ve been begging Sal for a blue Dragonfly for years. I did not know about this and it’s not in stock.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Interesting. Someone needs to ask BHQ about this. Agree about the logo. Totally unnecessary and ugly.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

None up on eBay yet, so maybe they haven't actually been sold. Most sprint these days we see a few listed on the bay the second the filthy flipper gets their order confirmation!!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:06 am
I don't like DLC, but that looks sharp!

Edit: Until I saw that gaudy emblem on the other side of the blade. Eww, I'll pass!

Same! Went from crazy with excitement to a big ol "meh".
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Wait, what??? There’s finally a TiCN-coated Dfly, and in S35VN, and we all missed it??? This is the biggest shocker of the year for me so far.

I’m not sure if many will show up on eBay since I have no idea if they ran any CC versions of these. If not, they will be very tricky to track down. I’ll stay positive that this means it’s the first of many blacked out Dflies.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I like the look overall and the fact that it's S35VN. I love blue but that's a little light for my taste. And I agree on that logo on the side. No thanks
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
SG89

Post by SG89 »

So we ask for a blue frn df2 or dlc df2 for years and this is what we get? SMH
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

Wow this looks great, why doesn't Spyderco release these great looking combos themselves. I agree about the logo, I'd rather have a Mrs nutn knife she seems really nice or maybe one for Allie the mountain dog in rememberance
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

From the listing...

"As one of the most trusted gear reviewers in the world, Nutnfancy is very pleased to present a special edition TNP knife specifically for his loyal Patreon members."

That's probably why no one here knew about it.
eRoc

Post by eRoc »

Love the color/dlc, emblem ruins it though.
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

How do you feel about branded Spydercos in general?

Did the Kahr Arms Spyderco make it or break it for you? Who else has branded Spydercos? I know Heinnie Haynes put their logo on one that many didn't find too offensive. Could TNP have found another way to brand the knife to make it less offensive or more desirable? Maybe all the exclusives will go this way... business does like to have their name in front of people.

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
SG89

Post by SG89 »

My issue is not so much the logo its the limited availability for a highly sought after frn color and dlc option. We've been clamoring for df2 like this for awhile. Look how quick the double run of the teal df2 sold
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Joey

Post by Joey »

These actually DID come and go. I was shocked as everyone else seems to be. This is the perfect knife, and I found out about it after they were gone, as well. Guess I’ll find a way to make a trade for another prized knife of mine.
I don’t personally mind the logo, but I’ve been a fan of his since I could buy knives legally. It’s also pretty small, and DLC, yo....DLC!
Holland

Post by Holland »

Logo aside, that is a beautiful Dragonfly
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

cycleguy wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:10 pm

Did the Kahr Arms Spyderco make it or break it for you? Who else has branded Spydercos? I know Heinnie Haynes put their logo on one that many didn't find too offensive. Could TNP have found another way to brand the knife to make it less offensive or more desirable? Maybe all the exclusives will go this way... business does like to have their name in front of people.

CG
Honestly, the HH UKPK is tastefully done in my book. But that is the MAX for it to be a desirable feature.

My problem is all the numbers, giant letters and dates. I don't mind some of the forum knives and the HH UKPK, but ones like the EDC GITDs are repulsive and they have a lot less noise on them than this one.

I also don't mind the H1 and LC200N marks, those steels are important enough to warrant recognition.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
araneae

Post by araneae »

steelcity16 wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:41 am
Interesting. Someone needs to ask BHQ about this. Agree about the logo. Totally unnecessary and ugly.
Agreed, otherwise I would need one of those. Is TNP still a thing?
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:32 pm
cycleguy wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:10 pm

CG
Honestly, the HH UKPK is tastefully done in my book. But that is the MAX for it to be a desirable feature.

My problem is all the numbers, giant letters and dates. I don't mind some of the forum knives and the HH UKPK, but ones like the EDC GITDs are repulsive and they have a lot less noise on them than this one.

I also don't mind the H1 and LC200N marks, those steels are important enough to warrant recognition.

Agree on all above points. HH logo was the best since it was tiny and not on the cutting portion of the blade. H1 and LC200N logos are awesome and don't bother me at all. Collector club numbers and other company logos are a deal breaker.
SLOSpyder

Post by SLOSpyder »

Nice. Would like one without the logo.