What Spydercos are you giving as Christmas presents?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Trp2080
Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:18 am
Location: Md

Re: What Spydercos are you giving as Christmas presents?

Postby Trp2080 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:10 pm

Zcuts great price and made in the usa

User avatar
Buddafucco
Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:20 am

Re: What Spydercos are you giving as Christmas presents?

Postby Buddafucco » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:04 pm

Buddafucco wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:40 am
Shaman Crucarta- Brother
PM2 m390 red- Brother in law
PM2 k390 & Bug - Step dad
Para 3 xhp orange w/ blue titanium clip- Sister
Para 3LW m390- Daughter
Para 3LW m390- Uncle
Delica Damascus blue- Uncle
Zcuts x4- Mom
Wooden Dragonfly kit & Delica gitd kit- Nephew
I forgot... I also got a Manix m390 brown backup just in case an extra person shows up on xmas morning.

SpyderSeth
Member
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:58 pm

Re: What Spydercos are you giving as Christmas presents?

Postby SpyderSeth » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:46 pm

Two Maxamet PM2's.

AccountDeletedUserRequest
Member
Posts: 6612
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:15 am

Re: What Spydercos are you giving as Christmas presents?

Postby AccountDeletedUserRequest » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:47 pm

Someone's getting a C95 and a new Surefire for christmas :D

User avatar
Spydergirl88
Member
Posts: 6022
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Re: What Spydercos are you giving as Christmas presents?

Postby Spydergirl88 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:34 am

Buddafucco wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:04 pm
Buddafucco wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:40 am
Shaman Crucarta- Brother
PM2 m390 red- Brother in law
PM2 k390 & Bug - Step dad
Para 3 xhp orange w/ blue titanium clip- Sister
Para 3LW m390- Daughter
Para 3LW m390- Uncle
Delica Damascus blue- Uncle
Zcuts x4- Mom
Wooden Dragonfly kit & Delica gitd kit- Nephew
I forgot... I also got a Manix m390 brown backup just in case an extra person shows up on xmas morning.
Wow you sound like the coolest relative ever with that gift giving list, they are lucky to have you! :D :spyder:
Team Wire Clip
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:

User avatar
bigboned
Member
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:30 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: What Spydercos are you giving as Christmas presents?

Postby bigboned » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:58 am

Buddafucco wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:04 pm
Buddafucco wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:40 am
Shaman Crucarta- Brother
PM2 m390 red- Brother in law
PM2 k390 & Bug - Step dad
Para 3 xhp orange w/ blue titanium clip- Sister
Para 3LW m390- Daughter
Para 3LW m390- Uncle
Delica Damascus blue- Uncle
Zcuts x4- Mom
Wooden Dragonfly kit & Delica gitd kit- Nephew
I forgot... I also got a Manix m390 brown backup just in case an extra person shows up on xmas morning.
thats one lucky / awesome family - can i come round to yours for xmas and ditch my own lol
Andy

Me - Para3 in Cruwear, Junction, Bow River
Son - Dragonfly2 in VToku2
Wife - Urban in K390

Want to try - UKPK, Delica DLC CE, Bradley Bowie, Bushcraft
Gone - Delica ZDP189, PM2 Cruwear, Para3 LW BD1N, Para3 S30V

User avatar
Buddafucco
Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:20 am

Re: What Spydercos are you giving as Christmas presents?

Postby Buddafucco » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:58 am

I really really tried to put thought into it and match the knife to the person. They'll say thank you and smile, but i think most of them will go somewhat unappreciated.

User avatar
mb1
Member
Posts: 969
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:47 am
Location: Southeast, US

Re: What Spydercos are you giving as Christmas presents?

Postby mb1 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:45 am

Buddafucco is the man - woot! :spyder:

Love the packaging on the Z-cuts btw. Except they are VERY childproof. :eek: :)

Image
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man

JuPaul
Member
Posts: 1617
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am

Re: What Spydercos are you giving as Christmas presents?

Postby JuPaul » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:42 am

mb1 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:45 am
Buddafucco is the man - woot! :spyder:

Love the packaging on the Z-cuts btw. Except they are VERY childproof. :eek: :)

Image
Looks like you'll have to buy a Dodo to get those open! ;)
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

User avatar
PineyBoy
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:38 pm
Location: South Jersey shore

Re: What Spydercos are you giving as Christmas presents?

Postby PineyBoy » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:15 pm

An Endura4 for my son and a Kapara for me.

User avatar
Doeswhateveraspidercan
Member
Posts: 2618
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:31 pm

Re: What Spydercos are you giving as Christmas presents?

Postby Doeswhateveraspidercan » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:28 am

Gave my boss a Spyderco Caley in VG-10.

He saw it a week ago handled it and I could tell how much he liked it, Lol he then handed me his Delica for sharpening all I had was my Spyderco Double Stuff.

He had chips in the blade so I had to remove them, the brown side did an admirable job with VG-10.

After that the double stuff was loaded up so I washed its soap and water and wrapped it in a paper towel.

Surprisingly the stones separated and I could see the little amount of glue that was used clearly water soluble.

Will soak them again and get rid of that weak glue then I will have 4 surface areas 2 of each grit... Win Win!
I have spoken. :)

User avatar
zuludelta
Member
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:54 pm

Re: What Spydercos are you giving as Christmas presents?

Postby zuludelta » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:04 pm

I've given the following Spydercos so far (some of these were given as birthday or "just because" gifts, not strictly Christmas presents):
  • Native 5 Lightweight in CPM-S35VN (brother)
  • Native 5 Lightweight in CPM-S30V (uncle)
  • Para 3 Lightweight in CTS-BD1N (brother)
  • Cat in CTS-BD1 (brother)
  • Byrd Knives Crow in CTS-BD1 (uncle)
  • Dragonfly 2 in VG-10 & orange FRN handle (cousin)
  • Dragonfly 2 in VG-10 & black FRN handle (brother)
  • Spy-DK in N690 & orange FRN handle (co-worker)
I have one last Spyderco to gift for the year, a Dragonfly 2 Salt in H1 (full Spyder Edge, of course), which will be a Christmas present for a very dear friend & co-worker who does a lot of stand-up paddling (her one folder is a Benchmade 710 in D2 steel, which, as good as it is, is probably one of the worse options for carrying on the water). And I'm giving a Böker MA-2 fixed blade to one co-worker and a Leatherman Sidekick to another for Christmas, but those aren't Spydercos.

And yes, I am "the knife guy" in my family and at work LOL.

User avatar
tonijedi
Member
Posts: 709
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:08 am
Location: Portugal

Re: What Spydercos are you giving as Christmas presents?

Postby tonijedi » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:08 pm

Wartstein wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:12 pm
Pancake wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:08 am
I wanted to gift myself a Pacific Salt in Spyderedge (I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly wanted to try Spyderedge).
Today I received an email that the knife is no longer in stock. Son-of-a-gun! It was such a good price, condidering I am in Europe.....dang it.
I think I know which vendor you´re talking about... they had it at around 95 Euros in SE (and now only have the PE left, for just 80). I got two from them, since the Pacific Salt is gonna be discontinued.

But you can still find the SE in Europe for about 110 Euros (for example knivesandtools, even amazon...)

It´s a great knife, really.

(and I´ll send you a pm...)
Are you talking about Coutellerie Tourangelle?

User avatar
Wartstein
Member
Posts: 4738
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:06 am
Location: Salzburg, Austria, Europe

Re: What Spydercos are you giving as Christmas presents?

Postby Wartstein » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:16 pm

tonijedi wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:08 pm
Wartstein wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:12 pm
Pancake wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:08 am
I wanted to gift myself a Pacific Salt in Spyderedge (I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly wanted to try Spyderedge).
Today I received an email that the knife is no longer in stock. Son-of-a-gun! It was such a good price, condidering I am in Europe.....dang it.
I think I know which vendor you´re talking about... they had it at around 95 Euros in SE (and now only have the PE left, for just 80). I got two from them, since the Pacific Salt is gonna be discontinued.

But you can still find the SE in Europe for about 110 Euros (for example knivesandtools, even amazon...)

It´s a great knife, really.

(and I´ll send you a pm...)
Are you talking about Coutellerie Tourangelle?
Yes, Sir! That´s where I got my black SE backup for 95 € (plus 10 € shipping).
They still have the PE black model for 80 €.
Top three going by pocket-time: Endura 4 in VG 10/Micarta-scales; Stretch 1 in VG 10; Endura 4 in HAP 40

User avatar
tonijedi
Member
Posts: 709
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:08 am
Location: Portugal

Re: What Spydercos are you giving as Christmas presents?

Postby tonijedi » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:46 pm

Wartstein wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:16 pm
tonijedi wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:08 pm
Wartstein wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:12 pm
Pancake wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:08 am
I wanted to gift myself a Pacific Salt in Spyderedge (I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly wanted to try Spyderedge).
Today I received an email that the knife is no longer in stock. Son-of-a-gun! It was such a good price, condidering I am in Europe.....dang it.
I think I know which vendor you´re talking about... they had it at around 95 Euros in SE (and now only have the PE left, for just 80). I got two from them, since the Pacific Salt is gonna be discontinued.

But you can still find the SE in Europe for about 110 Euros (for example knivesandtools, even amazon...)

It´s a great knife, really.

(and I´ll send you a pm...)
Are you talking about Coutellerie Tourangelle?
Yes, Sir! That´s where I got my black SE backup for 95 € (plus 10 € shipping).
They still have the PE black model for 80 €.
No more knife funds for the next months/years but if I could get a new knife right now it would be the PE Salt 2, followed by the PE Pacific Salt.

User avatar
redhawk44357
Member
Posts: 238
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:33 am

Re: What Spydercos are you giving as Christmas presents?

Postby redhawk44357 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:41 pm

I will take whatever you want to send me and thank you in advance. :p

User avatar
Donut
Member
Posts: 9314
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:47 pm
Location: Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Re: What Spydercos are you giving as Christmas presents?

Postby Donut » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:50 pm

A guy I work with carries a SS Cricket.

I got in a trade a Nishijin Cricket about 2 years ago and had never used it or opened it and had planned on giving it to him. Friday I gave it to him. He told me that he got the Cricket because he saw me carrying Spyderco. (I never knew.) He was surprised that it was the same exact (model) knife.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak, Pingo, and Cliptools with a Split Spring!

Dbol4breakfast
Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:35 am

Re: What Spydercos are you giving as Christmas presents?

Postby Dbol4breakfast » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:41 am

Hi Guys

New to the forum from the UK...

I have wrapped a dragonfly2 G10 for my partner but I have wrapped for myself a Para 3 Maxamet 😎

Tdog
Member
Posts: 1845
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:04 pm
Location: The woods of Florida

Re: What Spydercos are you giving as Christmas presents?

Postby Tdog » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:50 pm

Each of my children (adults) got a Bow River.

Wright.88
Member
Posts: 239
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:36 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: What Spydercos are you giving as Christmas presents?

Postby Wright.88 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:30 pm

Gave my brother (only family member who is really into knives and owns Spydercos) a bow river. He thought it was a $100 knife when I showed it to him and couldn't believe it was 1/3 of that.


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AHarbuck, anycal, attila, Bing [Bot], Chumango, DOUBLE D, Enactive, JacksonKnives, Larry_Mott, LouisSeacamp, LSUisSEC, Mako109, Spydergirl88, Theldraskien, wraithpc and 29 guests