Para 3 fades into the sunset.....

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Crux

Para 3 fades into the sunset.....

Post by Crux »

OMG finally the Para 3 light DLC ships, oh whop.

2019 was a struggle for me as Spyderco/Distributors decided enough was enough for the Para 3. To be honest this broke my knife spirit and I'm not sure that I'll ever buy another knife. In fact I have no idea how I can liquidate the hundreds I already have. Send address will ship!
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
Tucson Tom

Re: Para 3 fades into the sunset.....

Post by Tucson Tom »

All good things must come to an end.
AwayFromMySpydieHole

Post by AwayFromMySpydieHole »

Can someone tell me what I’m supposed to understand from the OP?

I seriously read it 3 times and I still can’t make sense of it, even when I keep the title in mind. Thanks!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

AwayFromMySpydieHole wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:50 pm
Can someone tell me what I’m supposed to understand from the OP?

I seriously read it 3 times and I still can’t make sense of it, even when I keep the title in mind. Thanks!
Crux loves the Para 3 and (AFAIK) has all the variations. I guess he's just bummed that there weren't many exclusives or sprints this year.

I like the Para 3 too but not enough that I feel like I need to have all of them. I have 5 P3s and 2 P3 LW. That's way more than I need considering I like to carry different knives all the time.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
aaronkb

Post by aaronkb »

The day they make a regular P3 with a wire clip will be the happiest day of my life.
acer

Post by acer »

I have to admit I am a huge fan of the para 3 , its the one I gravitate to a great deal , love para military 2 ,military and stretch 2 . There is not many patterns I don’t like and if I won the lottery We’ll my collection would be on a much larger scale but for now I try to convince myself I don’t need this and that knife . Funny how money can change options so I am told😁
jdw

Post by jdw »

I wish that all of the Para 3 exclusive/sprint madness really had faded away. Then maybe Golden can free up some production capacity to make real knives again instead of those little pen knife sized knives. ;)
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

jdw wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:59 am
I wish that all of the Para 3 exclusive/sprint madness really had faded away. Then maybe Golden can free up some production capacity to make real knives again instead of those little pen knife sized knives. ;)
That's my personal opinion as well, but seeing as they sell like ice cream on a hot beach regardless of flavour tells me that either i am one a few sane persons in the Spyderco community, or (very unlikely) i am the one who don't get it.. ;)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Danvp

Post by Danvp »

I jumped on the para 3 sprint bandwagon in 2017 and 2018. Now I am still stuck with 5 of them. Already sold a bunch. Since I got my Police 4 LW the para 3 is seeing no pockettime at all. it’s way to small for my taste now. I have more use for larger knives. Interesting how that can shift in a short period of time. Even the PM2 feels small nowadays...
AwayFromMySpydieHole

Danvp wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:17 am
I jumped on the para 3 sprint bandwagon in 2017 and 2018. Now I am still stuck with 5 of them. Already sold a bunch. Since I got my Police 4 LW the para 3 is seeing no pockettime at all. it’s way to small for my taste now. I have more use for larger knives. Interesting how that can shift in a short period of time. Even the PM2 feels small nowadays...

Which sprints do you have? I love the para 3 and may be interested in some of them.
BigGrove

Post by BigGrove »

Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:30 am
Danvp wrote:

Which sprints do you have? I love the para 3 and may be interested in some of them.
You don't actually think Crux is serious do you? LOL
AwayFromMySpydieHole

BigGrove wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:27 am
Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:30 am
Danvp wrote:

You don't actually think Crux is serious do you? LOL

Seeing as how I didn't quote Crux, not really sure it matters. I quoted Danvp. ;)
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Crux wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:14 pm
OMG finally the Para 3 light DLC ships, oh whop.

2019 was a struggle for me as Spyderco/Distributors decided enough was enough for the Para 3. To be honest this broke my knife spirit and I'm not sure that I'll ever buy another knife. In fact I have no idea how I can liquidate the hundreds I already have. Send address will ship!

Hey neighbor! No need to waste time and money on shipping! I'll meet you over at Hickory Tavern later and i'll take these awful things off your hands! :D
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
rabbitanarchy14

Post by rabbitanarchy14 »

I love my para 3s and they are my size.
192.168.0.1 -Para 3 G10 M390 Red, Dice XHP, Lil Native Rex 45 comp, Manix 2 M390 G10 BR, PM2 M390 DLC BL, PM2 k390 RGreen, Cat BD1N, Dragonfly 2 k390
Saving for - Lil Native K390, D'allara 3, UTX-70
Instruments- Kimber EVO, SA Hellcat, SW Shield Plus 9
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Carrying the m390 para 3 lw today. I've gotta admit, I thought the release of that one meant the floodgates were opening on a big wave of lw exclusives. But since then, nothing, not even rumors. Wondering when we'll see more.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
eRoc

Post by eRoc »

JuPaul wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:15 pm
Carrying the m390 para 3 lw today. I've gotta admit, I thought the release of that one meant the floodgates were opening on a big wave of lw exclusives. But since then, nothing, not even rumors. Wondering when we'll see more.
Same. I don't have a lw version yet, don't know that I will get any of those as I prefer g10. All I've heard about are upcoming g10 versions. I honestly thought the para 3 train would have switched tracks, but I haven't heard of any other upcoming lw releases.

Which is fine by me. Still haven't picked up the k390 yet. Probably wait until January. Might get the black/black para 3 lw though.
Crux

Post by Crux »

Yeah, the wiener version with black dlc is nice, but if that's the best there is then 2019 sucked. There are a lot of steels and options to choose from but it seems that the knife vendors just don't care. This was a historic wave and suddenly the vendors said frick it, who cares.

Seriously, this either the worst injustice toward mankind or a wake up call to an aging old fart.
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Crux wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:29 pm
the wiener version
Lol what
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

JuPaul wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:15 pm
... :spyder: production capacity is limited.

My guess is we will see more than a few new Para 3 LW sprints and exclusives next year. :)
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Crux...with so many amazing models available, why don't you venture outside of the Para 3 box?? There's plenty of other models that are amazing in that same size range!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick