Para 3 fades into the sunset.....

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Enactive

Re: Para 3 fades into the sunset.....

Post by Enactive »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:34 pm
Crux wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:29 pm
the wiener version
Lol what
LOLZ indeed.

Crux is back! And it seems, in top form. :eek: :D :cool:
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

I own zero Para 3’s. :eek: That wave kinda came and went... The pocket clip position on the G10 one was a disappointment. That one small design choice probably saved me small a fortune! :)

I may try a LW in a nice steel one day...

Until then I’ll play with the multiples of PM2’s and Militaries in the collection.
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
standy99

Post by standy99 »

Para 3 carried for about 6 months sort of pushed me to appreciate the PM2s I had more that I didn’t buy any more Para 3s but another PM2
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
Crux

Post by Crux »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:38 pm
Crux...with so many amazing models available, why don't you venture outside of the Para 3 box?? There's plenty of other models that are amazing in that same size range!
I have a bunch, Delica's, Mantras, PM2s, Autonomy, Amalgam,Native, Manix, Enduras, Salts, a lot of Mules and others. They are okay and all, but they just don't cut it, no pun intended. :)
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I counted 28 variations of Para 3s and 14 different steels. That doesn't happen with most models and is pretty amazing considering it was only released in late 2016. The PM2 has 36 variants and was released in 2010. If I was a full-blown Para 3 fan I think I'd be really grateful there's so much variety available in a relatively short amount of time. If you already have all the P3 variants I guess I could see why your disappointed but did you really expect them to keep pumping out different versions at the same rate?
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
elduderino04

Post by elduderino04 »

Crux wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:14 pm
OMG finally the Para 3 light DLC ships, oh whop.

2019 was a struggle for me as Spyderco/Distributors decided enough was enough for the Para 3. To be honest this broke my knife spirit and I'm not sure that I'll ever buy another knife. In fact I have no idea how I can liquidate the hundreds I already have. Send address will ship!
Hey, I'll be happy to take any of the castoffs off your hands, especially those mules... ;)
Danvp

Post by Danvp »

AwayFromMySpydieHole wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:30 am
Danvp wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:17 am
I jumped on the para 3 sprint bandwagon in 2017 and 2018. Now I am still stuck with 5 of them. Already sold a bunch. Since I got my Police 4 LW the para 3 is seeing no pockettime at all. it’s way to small for my taste now. I have more use for larger knives. Interesting how that can shift in a short period of time. Even the PM2 feels small nowadays...

Which sprints do you have? I love the para 3 and may be interested in some of them.
Thanks for your interest but we are not allowed to trade here.
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

To me the Para*** series are nice knives and all, but their "over exposure/hype" has led me to lose interest in them altogether. It's like "Look, another Honda Civic, this time lime green paint job with black mag wheels, ho-hum..
(With all due respect for the Para*** fans/collectors out there.)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
anycal

Post by anycal »

Loosing interest in something because it doesn't work for you, or you found something better, is one thing. Loosing interest because of its popularity is something I don't understand. If we are talking purely collectibles, I suppose. I guess I don't 'really' collect anything which I would worry about what others think. And, I had a Civic with 230K before it got passed on to someone else ;)

Para 3 is not for me. I tried it, and it was fine, but it basically carried like a PM2 with less blade.
Peter
jdw

Post by jdw »

anycal wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:09 am

Para 3 is not for me. I tried it, and it was fine, but it basically carried like a PM2 with less blade.
This is pretty much how I feel about it as well. And clip placement is really not okay. I can understand why it's a hit but Spyderco has a lot of options in the ~3 inch blade range that I enjoy more.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka