Older box is better

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bearfacedkiller

Re: Older box is better

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Bloke wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:41 pm
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:06 am
I don’t care at all about the boxes.
:D Ah, me back in my warehouse days. ;)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
acer

Post by acer »

😂😁👍
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

acer wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:36 am
I Think it’s more of a collector thingy , if I was hunting down an old model for collection and one was like new in a box and the other not in a box without the Spyderco literature etc and around the same purchase price no guessing which one I would buy my user knives and cheaper knives beaters I don’t keep the boxes . I could be wrong but when you watch these old antique programs visit antique sales the box is very important. To getting the best price. So I think the box is important but which box style as long as original box that knife came in all’s good from a collecting point of view . Ps the box is there to protect the knife during transit. 👍 Horses for courses and all that , each to his own. 😁 still having fun over and in .
I was collecting old Winchester Model 12 16 gauge shotguns from the 1950's era some time ago. The box ... during that era was plain brown (no interesting graphics), had a little bit of ink on it that spelled out Winchester and a couple other things; and had a sticker on the side indicating the model, serial number, barrel length and so on... added about $300 in value to the package!!! You don't come across many that still have their original box and is a sight to experience ... like you had just picked it up from the retailer but 60 some years later.

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
archangel

Post by archangel »

RustyIron wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:37 am
Darn. You could have had mine. But all my boxes get thrown in the trash. My knives and guns get used, so boxes are just clutter.

WHAAAAAAAAT??? :eek:
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...