How many knives do you typically carry?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

How many knives do you typically carry?

32%
41%
19%
2%
4%
1%
No votes
No votes
No votes
10 or more
2%

Total votes: 127

fixall

Re: How many knives do you typically carry?

Post by fixall »

I have a Victorinox Yeoman with titanium scales that NEVER leaves my left pocket (unless it's being used) because of it's utility and then I carry a second knife out of my collection in my right pocket to do the majority of my cutting.

Works well for me.
z4vdBt

Post by z4vdBt »

These two.

archangel

Post by archangel »

Currently 5 - it's the cold season, I wear long pants, in fact cargo pants exclusively (except for at work).

#1: In my pocket, on my keychain, either the Honeybee or the Grasshopper, depending on which keys I carry. Clipped to my pants: #2 by default the ClipiTool with scissors, so I have a pair of those on me. Public-friendly cutting spydie #3: in most cases my Pingo. My Just In Case spydie #4: Smock / Southard / PM2 / Milli (current rotation) clipped in pocket deeply.

Only 1 non-Spydie: #5 the SOG SwitchPlier.

During summer, when I wear shorts (I wish I'd live in a place where there's always summer - I don't really appreciate the cold season), it's down to 3 Spydies max. No multitool, just one small public-friendly spydie, and one just-in-case spydie with pointy blade. Plus the one on my keys.

At home I have only one always on me: my Slysz Bowie. It's the perfect true EDC.
Last edited by archangel on Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Only times i carry more than one is on my way from the post office with a new mail call or at the Amsterdam meet, where i usually bring some seldom seen stuff for the benefit of those who might never have seen them "live".
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Depends on what I'm doing. Around the house I rarely "carry" even one knife, because there's always one or more handy. When I'm going out I'll usually have three with me. A Jester with my keys, a Kiwi in my watch pocket, and a larger folder in my back pocket. That larger folder is normally a Stretch, unless I'm going to Greenville and need something with a 3" blade or less to be legal.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
blueblur

Post by blueblur »

I was thinking 1-2 but I always have a knife and a leatherman juice on me. The hawkbill ladybug is on my keys and if I’m carrying a smaller primary knife I sometimes will carry a Military. So that’s 3-4, but usually 3.
Notsurewhy

Post by Notsurewhy »

Most days, in pocket, I carry a folding knife around 3-3.5in and a victorinox cadet. Some days just a dragonfly. If I have my pack it always has my Leatherman wave and a small scissors based Leatherman (style cs?)which has a knife, but I've never used it for that and a fixed blade.

So somewhere between 1 and 5? Usually 2 so that's what I voted.
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

I’ve been pretty consistent with the AEB-L urban in front pocket or 5th jeans pocket, and either an M4 para3 or cruwear military in the back pocket.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Not really sure how to vote. I technically have two blades on me at all times which are my main EDC and the blade on my multitool but I also have a sling bag with me at all times even if it's just in my car/work truck and that bag has a Dragonfly hawkbill and a SAK with another 2 blades on it. I also sometimes have a BK14 in that bag so it depends on how you define "carry". I voted 2 since we're talking about pockets.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Cycletroll

Post by Cycletroll »

Large folder (right rear)
Vic Cadet (change pocket)
PS4 Squirt (left front)
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Usually 3 for me. I have a Vic Rambler on my keychain, a Spyderco and a Multitool of some type on my belt. I find that I wind up needing a pair of pliers if I'm not packing any. From time to time there's a Case in the mix too, or an Opinel.
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

Normally, only one on my person at all times for me. That said, between my home desk, work desk, bedroom dresser, kitchen, car, etc. there are always multiple knives that are easily accessible should I need them.
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

If I have pants on, I normally have three knives.

RRP’s bottom has a Manbug Salt; LFP’s lip has a SAK Spartan on a dangler; RFP’s lip holds a clipped Spydie that varies intentionally on a whim (recently a 52100 PM2).

Going to Boston, crossing into Canada, one-bagging to Europe can disturb this pattern.

If I’m in fix-it mode, I’ll belt a Leatherman (today a [not] Free P4). If I’m on a woods-walk, I’ll bag the P4, my new Enuff Salt, and maybe my Kephart-inspired LTWK Scandi-grind Genesis.

ETA: Bloody autocorrect.
Last edited by wrdwrght on Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

Between 4 and 5

I carry a cold steel broken skull as a loaner in a tech bag along with a Swiss tech tool and a leather man crunch for it’s vice grips then the Spyderco rotation in the pocket sometimes even 2 a Delica and a larger blade as a companion
toocool006

Post by toocool006 »

Shoot I mis-voted. I put down for 1, since I'm usually carrying only one in my pocket on any given day. BUT I also have a tiny bug on my keychain, and I usually have one or two in my bag. So really I should be a solid 2 - 3.
~andrew
James Y

Post by James Y »

I always carry three knives. Two of them are always with me; a Victorinox Executive SAK and a Victorinox Spartan SAK. The third knife is some kind of one-hand opening knife, usually a Spyderco, but sometimes a CRK.

Jim
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Around the house 1. Going out around town 1 or 2. Traveling will have 2 on me ( Endura one hand opening in pocket and one keychain for using in public or lending) as well as an extra folder and a fixed blade in my pioneer tools ( axe, shovel, towing strap, tire block, cable chains in winter in ice/snow prone areas etc)
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Typically just one for urban EDC. If I am working in the yard or out on a hike or something I'll usually have a fixed blade and one or two folders, one being the H1 SE Spyderhawk.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Through the week I'll have a folder and a mule, but I also have a small tool bag I keep my sharpmaker, CBN & Diamond, ultrafine stones with a small needle bottle of Balistol and 5 other spydie folders that stay in the bag as rotations.

Through out the day I'll play around with different edges or grits when things are slow, so having the SM with me always keeps me and others in the office nice and sharp. Beats the heck out of licking windows!

Weekends usually only carry one or none. Only carry Spyies :spyder:
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

One and a gun!
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”