sal wrote: ↑
Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:54 am
This thread is a continuation from my last post on the straight spine stretch thread so as not to make the original thread too long.
The Stretch is probably my favorite folder of all times (and that of any brand), but the perfect blade / cutting edge length is the longer one of the Endura (blade 3.75, edge 3.44).
So: YES, a Stretch offering more cutting edge would be great,or maybe almost even like a dream come true!
Three points on that:
- I think the ergos of the current Stretch 2 are perfect (my new Straight Spine Stretch showed me that again), especially for I´d say starting with medium and then bigger hands, so a larger version imho should NOT alter these ergos, but if at all just lengthen the butt end of the handle a tad (in order to accomodate a longer blade), while leaving everything else as it is
- For me personally a longer-bladed-Stretch could keep the exact same handle (so also in length) as the current Stretch 2 and just offer a blade as long as possible (so totally handle filling):
- The current Stretch 2 has a blade length of 3.48" and an actual edge of 3.01"
- The handle would offer space for about 0.31 " MORE of blade, if the blade was made totally handle filling when the knife is closed
- That would mean: Blade 3.79, cutting edge 3.32, so around the Endura specs anyway
- I´d buy an XL G10 version of the Stretch, but eventually hoping for an FRN Stretch XL. Not only do I prefer FRN over G10 generally, but also think that the contouring of the FRN contributes to the perfect Stretch ergos (never had the current G10 ZDP version, so admittedly I don´t know how a G10 Stretch feels in hand)
Top three going by pocket-time: Endura 4 in VG 10/Micarta-scales; Stretch 1 in VG 10; Endura 4 in HAP 40