Siren Update?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
rybu0305

Siren Update?

Post by rybu0305 »

Any update on the Siren? Will we see it before the end of the year?
More CBBL please!
Delica 4 Brown, Manix 2 G10 S110V, Gayle Bradley 2, Manix 2 CF Cruwear, KC Endura HAP40 pakkawood, Sliverax, Kapara, Manix 2 Rex45, Manix 2 4v, Ivory Straight Stretch
Wartstein

Re: Siren Update?

Post by Wartstein »

rybu0305 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:45 am
Any update on the Siren? Will we see it before the end of the year?
Would like to know that too... very interested in getting this model too, and also hope it will sell well enough to justify an FRN version someday.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
vivi

Post by vivi »

Keeping an eye out for this one.
:unicorn
Ric

Post by Ric »

According boker.de January 10th, I assume (much) later
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

Eh. Its fine. Ill just hold off so I can pick one up with a couple of pacific salt 2s and just cover all my large salt series folders at once.

What Im really curious about was the recent talk of map increasing to 70 percent of msrp. Do older models get grandfathered in to the current map price? Will spyderco change the msrp of some models so that a map increase wont change the street price? Surely they can do that. Specifically on this knife, one that was announced this year, but probably wont be available until next year, if a map increase were to happen would this one be exempt?

Frankly I didnt freak out the last time map stuff came up. Were talking about 5 or 7 dollars here. But continual increases will eventually bother me. I would hate to see seki models be more for the same knife they were 8 years ago. Sorry I got sidetracked here. Anyway bring on the Siren.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Ric wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:33 pm
According boker.de January 10th, I assume (much) later
Not so sure: Boker.de also says the Straight Spine Stretch will be available not before Jan 17th, while at least one other European dealer has it in stock already for several weeks.. so let´s hope the Siren will also drop earlier than boker.de says... :)

Maybe even in time for becoming a Christmas-gift knife for some? :rolleyes:
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

I wouldn't count on it reaching dealers until after the holidays (judged by experience more of what the x-mas/new years do to logistics than particular knife models)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Ric

Post by Ric »

Also some other EU distributors have it listed as January 2020.
If it's not in stock it will not be delivered before Christmas.

I would gift another knife (waterway!) or a "voucher".

If he loves Spydies he will understand the delay.