H-1 is subpar???

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Re: H-1 is subpar???

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

Have not read this whole thread but you should also consider S90V and S110V these are very corrosion resistant take and hold a sharp edge for a long time.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Bloke wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:54 pm
I could well be wrong but I think ole mate is likely pranking us.

Google: “Wank meaning” and you’ll know what I’m trying say. :)

Ah, hahaha, ah, hahaha, ah, hahaha! :rolleyes:
You might just be right Bloke because he sure hasn't responded to any of our posts as of yet >> and that seems strange for as desperate as his inquiry for information seemed to sound at the time.

It wouldn't be the first time a troll has descended upon us :(
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

JD Spydo wrote:
Bloke wrote:
I could well be wrong but I think ole mate is likely pranking us.

Ah, hahaha, ah, hahaha, ah, hahaha! :rolleyes:
You might just be right Bloke because he sure hasn't responded to any of our posts as of yet >> and that seems strange for as desperate as his inquiry for information seemed to sound at the time.

New member. Has to have post approved before being submitted.

To wankywank I will once again say get some serrated h1 and beat it to **** and back. The founder of the company just said that serrated h1 was the way to go. And from years of using it I can tell you that is not just talk or marketing. It really is very good.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

If you're a good sharpener and don't prefer serrated, get a s110v military and don't look back.

Oh, and don't lose it.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Pelagic wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:49 pm
If you're a good sharpener and don't prefer serrated, get a s110v military and don't look back.

Oh, and don't lose it.
I won't argue with that>> I have a Para2 with that steel and it is a beast for it's size. Also don't overlook an M390 Military if you can find one either. It's' been my main EDC for over 3 years now and I'm not about to retire it.
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

JD Spydo wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:05 pm
Pelagic wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:49 pm

Oh, and don't lose it.
I won't argue with that>> I have a Para2 with that steel and it is a beast for it's size. Also don't overlook an M390 Military if you can find one either. It's' been my main EDC for over 3 years now and I'm not about to retire it.
He considers a salt knife expensive so I'd he surprised if he even took MY advice, let alone a discontinued popular model that probably goes for $300+ (and only marginally outperforms the base model).
Pancake wrote:
Nate wrote:
You are a nobody got it?
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

VooDooChild wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:40 pm
JD Spydo wrote:

To wankywank I will once again say get some serrated h1 and beat it to **** and back. The founder of the company just said that serrated h1 was the way to go. And from years of using it I can tell you that is not just talk or marketing. It really is very good.
I don't mean to cast aspersions and I'm aware of new member's screening process but the user name, from an Australian's standpoint and the tone of the first and opening post had me laughing and thinking we have indeed been pranked, is all. :)
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

I thought you can't bloke a bloke?

Lol. I think the OP is being sincere.
Pancake wrote:
Nate wrote:
You are a nobody got it?
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Bloke wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:49 pm
VooDooChild wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:40 pm
JD Spydo wrote:

I don't mean to cast aspersions and I'm aware of new member's screening process but the user name, from an Australian's standpoint and the tone of the first and opening post had me laughing and thinking we have indeed been pranked, is all. :)
Aww who cares anyhow? this is all good information for people, our discussions help allot of folks there are many that just read and never post. So no matter the intent we make it a positive for the world with our Shiny footprints.
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

Bloke wrote:
Go easy on him. He's a seaman.
Accutronman

Post by Accutronman »

Let’s settle this with one of the greatest knives Spyderco made....Mariner Salt in H-1
9275B368-AD40-45F4-A9B3-88422C3F3D54.jpeg
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

Accutronman wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:55 pm
Let’s settle this with one of the greatest knives Spyderco made....Mariner Salt in H-1
I'll guess that is true because I've never owned one. But I love my jumpmaster and really like my Pac Salt, although it is currently sitting on the bottom of the Savannah River, South Carolina side, about 2000 feet upriver of the sunken cutter dredge on the back river. What I'd like to REALLY SEE (and I'll bet the OP will agree, unless he doesn't know of the model) is a

TUSK XL
Pancake wrote:
Nate wrote:
You are a nobody got it?
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Pelagic wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:58 pm
Accutronman wrote:
I'll guess that is true because I've never owned one. But I love my jumpmaster and really like my Pac Salt, although it is currently sitting on the bottom of the Savannah River, South Carolina side, about 2000 feet upriver of the sunken cutter dredge on the back river. What I'd like to REALLY SEE (and I'll bet the OP will agree, unless he doesn't know of the model) is a

TUSK XL
Agreed the only thing that kept me from buying one was it was too tiny.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Pelagic wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:58 pm
Accutronman wrote:

TUSK XL
This needs to happen!
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Accutronman wrote:
That is the one I've been looking for. It and the Jumpmaster 2 are the knives I desire in H1 SE.

I have the JM2, can't find a good Mariner Salt anywhere.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
sal

Post by sal »

On the Tusk, Eric actually designed a larger one. It's just really an expensive design and costs bunches.

I'm beginning to think that Bloke is right and we've been prank wanked. It has been an interesting thread though so thanx to the wank, we'll take it to the bank until it sank. :o

When I had a Brit in the audience when I was pitching Sharpeners, I would say (into the microphone ) that it would even sharpen your "wanking iron". They would look at me in horror, look around at the audience (tip) and realize that they had no idea what I was talking about. Then i would wink at them. Great fun. :D

sal
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

^^ couldn't have said it better!

My experience with H1 has solely been serrated, but I'd be hard pressed to not carry my Dfly2 hawkbill salt everywhere I can. It's the smallest chainsaw I own!
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
standy99

Post by standy99 »

Use a Pacific Salt PE to fillet and dress plenty of big barramundi and never had a issue.

These get filleted scales on as the scales are too big. Probably get 3 or 4 fishing trips between a sharpen.
Love H1 for salt water and have been using it for many many years in PE as well as SE

The fish are big also ;)
09B35879-10EF-4636-884B-325DDB6DE91B.jpeg
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

standy99 wrote: Use a Pacific Salt PE to fillet and dress plenty of big barramundi and never had a issue.

These get filleted scales on as the scales are too big. Probably get 3 or 4 fishing trips between a sharpen.
Love H1 for salt water and have been using it for many many years in PE as well as SE

The fish are big also ;)
09B35879-10EF-4636-884B-325DDB6DE91B.jpeg
That top fish looks different. Where you fishing at?
:D
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
kodai78
Location: “Beam me up Scotty, there’s no intelligent life down here.”

Post by kodai78 »

I’m going to commit sacrilege here and suggest another maker. David Boye, the inventor of the Boye dent used on so many Spyderco knives makes folders in a cast dendritic Cobalt alloy. The knives have titanium marlin spikes and are small (3 inch blade), backlocks and have great edge retention. Cobalt doesn’t rust. The Tusk from Spyderco would also be an excellent choice. Aftermarket a Nautilus marlin spike from 5X5 combat solutions would fit on an Endura in any steel giving a lot of choice.
Boye knives. https://www.boyeknives.com/
5X5. https://5x5combatsolutions.com/
:spyder: Shaman REX 45, Smock, Baby Jess Horn CE, Spydiechef, Schempp Bowie,Ti Fluted Military, Titanium Military, Native S30 V and G10, PM 2 in S35VN, and S110V, Manix 2 LW BD1 and SPY 27, Sage 5, Positron black CPM S30V, Chaparral w/Raffir Noble scales, SuperLeaf VG 10, Ladybug H1, Dragonfly 2 in ZDP 189 and Superblue/420J1 and H1, Delica in ZDP 189, Clipitool Standard, the Cook’s knife VG10, Santoku, paring and utility knives, all in MBS 26. :spyder: