Black Friday purchases coming in

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
aquaman67

Black Friday purchases coming in

Post by aquaman67 »

I received my Q Ball today.

I must say I’m very impressed.

The fit and finish are spot on. The centering is perfect. The grinds are very even. I couldn’t ask for more. This is a great knife. I almost said great little knife but one of the surprises for me was it’s bigger than I imagined.

The other pleasant surprise was there is no jimping on the finger choil or on the thumb ramp. They are both perfectly smooth. In all the video reviews I watched, somehow I overlooked that detail.

The smoothness really goes great with the smooth backspacer. It “really ties the knife together.”

However, I think I know what lead to the Q Ball’s demise. To me, the ball is about a millimeter in diameter too small. Just a tad more purchase for your fingers would have been nice. And the ball still wouldn’t protrude past the scales. I agree with those who said it’s a hard knife to close. Which is too bad because I think more people would have liked this knife if they’d given it a chance.
Monty

Re: Black Friday purchases coming in

Post by Monty »

Pretty annoyed with one of mine. Reasonably certain it's a demo model- bent tip, fingerprints on the blade, light almost flickable action (on an FRN backlock), price sticker on the box that doesn't align with what I paid. I'll see if the shop can make it right.

ETA: yep, looks like it's a demo.