Lost knife

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Wartstein

Re: Lost knife

Post by Wartstein »

Already shared the story in this thread when I lost my Endura 4 for good...

The second knife I lost was a Stretch 1.... and that happened when it was already discontinued and really hard to find at that particular time. Loosing a discontinued knife hurts even more than one that is at least still in production

I shared that story and that it is the only knife I have a backup for in this thread viewtopic.php?p=1333009#p1333009 (actually I have three VG10 Stretch 1, but one I got used and the blade is severely "sharpened away" already,plus one in HAP 40)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
dman62

Post by dman62 »

Losing a knife always sucks. At least the Endura and Delica are sub $100 knives and are a little easier to replace than other models. So far I have never lost a knife with a pocket clip on it (knock on wood).
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Over the years I've probably lost 6 Spyderco folders that I remember. And that's over the past 20 years or so.

About 4 years ago I found out that my G-10 Harpy got stolen. A lady I didn't know came to me and told me who it was that stole it and said that he sold it at a party for little more than the price of a pack of cigarettes :mad: The worthless jerk didn't even know what it was worth. :mad:

I can live with the ones I lost by my own carelessness but to have them stolen is a completely different issue. Yeah it does give you a gut-hollow feeling to have something as nice and costly as a Spyderco knife lost or stolen. I'm a lot more careful than I used to be.
zuludelta

Post by zuludelta »

Doc Dan wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:42 pm
I usually find mine under the seat between the seatbelt buckle and center console.
I literally just found my trusty blacked-out combo edge Delica (missing for a week) in the exact same location... it never occurred to me to look there because I was so certain that I'd lost it at work. As an added bonus, I also found about $6.00 worth of loose change LOL!

I've lost a few "beaters" over the years—a Kershaw Shuffle II & a Victorinox Sentinel being the most recent—but the feeling still sucks regardless of material value.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

zuludelta wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:41 pm
Doc Dan wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:42 pm
I usually find mine under the seat between the seatbelt buckle and center console.
I literally just found my trusty blacked-out combo edge Delica (missing for a week) in the exact same location... it never occurred to me to look there because I was so certain that I'd lost it at work. As an added bonus, I also found about $6.00 worth of loose change LOL!

I've lost a few "beaters" over the years—a Kershaw Shuffle II & a Victorinox Sentinel being the most recent—but the feeling still sucks regardless of material value.
This is now the first place I look. Somehow, knives have an affinity for getting lost in that spot.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
bgcameron

Post by bgcameron »

Someone in a facebook group I am in lost a Paysan.
zuludelta

Post by zuludelta »

bgcameron wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:20 pm
Dang, that's rough. The most expensive knife-related thing I've ever lost was a Leatherman Skeletool (which is not really a premium item all things considered) & I was super-annoyed at myself for days afterward for being so careless. Can't even imagine how that guy feels.
BigGrove

Post by BigGrove »

BOHAWG

Post by BOHAWG »

bgcameron wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:20 pm
OUCH!!! That has to be painful. I've never lost a Spyderco and hopefully never will.
Joey

Post by Joey »

I’ve never lost an expensive knife. I did lose one Gerber to the cruise liner security screening ten years ago. I found a CRKT Ignite on a hiking trail to make up for it a few years later! It was gritty with sand, but eventually smoothed out with use.
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

If you sat or laid down on a couch or back in a recliner look there. Over the years, I've lost my 3.5 twice, both times in the couch. First time it took a few weeks to find may have been good as I carried multiple Spydies during the period of mourning. :( Second time it was lost I called my daughter the next day and she found it in her couch. My Grandson plays rough. :D Hope you find it, like losing a friend. But then making new friends is always a good thing. :)