How was your 2019?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Larry_Mott

Re: How was your 2019?

Post by Larry_Mott »

JuPaul wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:41 pm
Larry_Mott wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:22 am
So far 2019 has had deep valleys and high peaks..
I was (am) trying to get over the passing of my beloved uncle last year and was looking forward to The Amsterdam meet early March, the meet was great, but i got a phone call in my hotel room the morning after the meet that my mother has passed.. The rest of the spring and up to mid summer was spent sorting out her estate, and i don't think i actually looked what i got in the goodie bag in Amsterdam until late May.
Knife wise it has been a good year, found some nice vintage Spydies and managed to get current production and sprints i wanted.
A definite peak of the year this far was my Colorado trip, spent two weeks driving around CO and topped it off by a visit to SFO where i got to say hi to Eric, Joyce and Kristi (among others none mentioned, none forgotten)
Just hoping nothing more bad will happen for the last trembling weeks of 2019.
I'm so sorry for your loss - there's little in life that's more painful than the death of a parent, on so many levels. My heart goes out to you and your family.
Thank you very much. I appreciate it!
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

In the "trimming and refining" the collection mode since 2018. Even so I still managed to add over a dozen models of assorted brands to my collection this year alone :o

Among the Spydercos:
- Shaman Sprint
- Ikuchi
- another PM2
- another Manix2
- another Yojimbo

Will reset and try the "trimming and refining" again in 2020 :p
gdwtvb

Post by gdwtvb »

2019 was a year of slimming down alot of my toys, from titanium pens to pocket knives. I tried to move the ones that never got any pocket time on to homes where they will be more appreciated. That said, I'm really looking forward to some new purchases in the next year. Finally gonna get a Spydie chef and anxiously awaiting the Chaparral Sun and Moon.

Grizz
Bigbangbilly

Post by Bigbangbilly »

Ppff,2019. Bought my first Spyderco 3 months ago. Got 11 at this moment,and 2 in the mail to make that 13 as we speak..... 2019 is a good year!
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Got my Dodo, so ended on a good note! Looking forward to the next decade of Spyderco!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

Thought I bought a lot more, but when I checked most were from before 2019.

Works for me. I've got too many knives. Gifted three to friends who didn't realize they needed them. ;)

Picked up a few Delicas in the sprint steels (M390, Cruwear, S90V) in case they start banning bigger knives around here.

Tried a Para3 in S110v. I'll keep to the Para2 in the future, and I started with the K390 from Bento Box Shop.

Picked up two of the ZT 0562 Ti, one anodized from USA Made Blade, and a plain one on deep discount Black Friday. Two of the knives I gave away were the older 0562's. The Ti version is much nicer IMHO.

Got lucky and scored a USA Made Blade exclusive Koenig Arius. Highly recommended.

Oh, and two Busse knives: an Alpha Dog 6, and an Alpha Regulator 9.5. Hard to beat satin INFI with Resiprene C handles.