The Superior Delica

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
James Y

Re: The Superior Delica

Post by James Y »

I’ve been enjoying this thread a lot, all beautiful pics everyone is sharing. It inspired me to pull out my standard FFG D4 yesterday! And I’ve gotta stop reading these threads; elena86’s pic of the SE FFG Wharncliffe has got me kinda wishing I had one!

Jim
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Me too!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
Hobnob

Post by Hobnob »

Go ahead and pull the trigger on that Wharnie. The Delica is one of the best values in the Spyderco line.
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

Go ahead and pull the trigger on any delica
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

My new Delica has arrived at the post office. I hope to get it tomorrow.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Imageupload png

I got it today. This picture is taken in a lighted room. Fully charged this knife is bright.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

Cool! I’m waiting to leave work so I can get home to my new to me SE delica. Tracking # says it’s waitin for me!
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

:spyder: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :spyder:
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

prndltech wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:33 pm

:spyder: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :spyder:
If these ever come in an frn color other than black, I'll own one. The pac salt has shown me the light on Spyderco's fully serrated edges - just killer!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

JuPaul wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:52 pm
If these ever come in an frn color other than black, I'll own one. The pac salt has shown me the light on Spyderco's fully serrated edges - just killer!
Could always swap the blade and/or scales. I got this one for cheap over on the exchange. Got a couple small marks on it but it looks brand new... been thinking of swapping over some purple scales and call it the purple people eater
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

prndltech wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:55 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:52 pm
Could always swap the blade and/or scales. I got this one for cheap over on the exchange. Got a couple small marks on it but it looks brand new... been thinking of swapping over some purple scales and call it the purple people eater
Love it! I'm planning a 3-way swap on other delicas: purple scales onto a damascus blade, blue scales from the damascus onto the cruwear blade, then the gray scales back onto the vg10 blade. Someday I'll get to it!
- Julia

elena86

Post by elena86 »

bbturbodad wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:56 am
You're all wrong :p

The most superior Delica is the lil Matriarch. ;)

IMHO this is the best length and shape for an EDC reverse S blade. It has just enough hook at the tip to puncture or pierce with the belly shallow enough and far enough back not to interfere with the tip like on the Cricket.

I bought it on a whim more to see how sharpening a reverse S worked out. I ended up liking the knife so much I just ordered a second one. (First time I've ever bought a backup knife! )

I just ordered one myself...I should have done it long time ago since Lance Clinton aka Surfingringo praised it as being an excellent user. How does it work for you ? What do you use it for, in real life ?
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
AwayFromMySpydieHole

Post by AwayFromMySpydieHole »

My cruwear Delicas showed up.

My Delica collection as of now:
Green ZDP189
Grey Cruwear
Blue M390

Soon to arrive:
Knifejoy blue/Damascus
Glow in the dark/VG10
Blue grey Vtoku2
Black S90V
Orange HAP40

I just started collecting Delicas a few weeks ago. I’m hooked. Love this little knife. I have no clue how I passed it up for so long.
jpm2

Post by jpm2 »

My superior delica is slightly modified.

Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

AwayFromMySpydieHole wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:14 pm

Green ZDP189
Grey Cruwear
Blue M390

Soon to arrive:
Knifejoy blue/Damascus
Glow in the dark/VG10
Blue grey Vtoku2
Black S90V
Orange HAP40

I just started collecting Delicas a few weeks ago. I’m hooked. Love this little knife. I have no clue how I passed it up for so long.
Addicting. I’m getting the knifeworks.com black w/blue liners S90V. I don’t need another Delica but I want this knife.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
AwayFromMySpydieHole

Post by AwayFromMySpydieHole »

Doc Dan wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:59 pm

Green ZDP189
Grey Cruwear
Blue M390

Soon to arrive:
Knifejoy blue/Damascus
Glow in the dark/VG10
Blue grey Vtoku2
Black S90V
Orange HAP40

Addicting. I’m getting the knifeworks.com black w/blue liners S90V. I don’t need another Delica but I want this knife.

Addicting is the right word!

I don’t need this one either. But I sure do want 2 of them! Haha
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:16 pm
Doc Dan wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:59 pm

Green ZDP189
Grey Cruwear
Blue M390

Soon to arrive:
Knifejoy blue/Damascus
Glow in the dark/VG10
Blue grey Vtoku2
Black S90V
Orange HAP40

Addicting is the right word!

I don’t need this one either. But I sure do want 2 of them! Haha
Right now I have 6 delicas in rotation (zdp, hap40 wc, pakkawood, purple vg10, cruwear, damascus), plus a backup of the cruwear model and 2 GITD ones set aside for my sons to have in a couple years. And I just sold 2 others! It's so easy to accumulate a lot of these - a favorite model that's affordable, and is a perfect platform for different steels, handle materials, and colors. I'm sure I'll end up with a k390 sprint. If one ever comes out with micarta scales, I'll have 2.
- Julia

The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

You guys have got me carrying my Delicas again. :p Today it's the CPM Cru-Wear exclusive. I can't say it's my favorite Spyderco design, but there is certainly nothing wrong with it and it does the job well. :)
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

elena86 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:18 am
I just ordered one myself...I should have done it long time ago since Lance Clinton aka Surfingringo praised it as being an excellent user. How does it work for you ? What do you use it for, in real life ?
I use it mostly for cardboard and opening packages, but I've been carrying it every day for 3 weeks and it covers all my EDC tasks, I don't usually use a pocket knife for food though. It does work as a fork, I've used it to pull a bunch of things out of the toaster ;) and it's hawkbill is just handy for picking up things in general.

I did happen to get an SE one today, which I know from your thread you are also looking for, even after just a quick impression it's even better than I expected. We need to petition Sal as a forum to bring the SE lil Matriarch back. Maybe a Salt?
-Turbo
u.w.

Post by u.w. »

Had the Cruwear Delica in my pocket today. Went out on the back porch with a cup of fresh ground, french press coffee. There was frost on the grass.
Deceided to carve a spoon for a lady I work with.

The majority of the work was done with the axe, carving out the "hollow" of the spoon bowl was of course done with the bent/spoon knife, and all the detail and/or finishing I did with the Cruwear Delica 4. It was in my pocket, I didn't want to go back in to get my "carving" knife, and wanted to see how the Delica would do.
The ole' Delica was very much up to the task come to find out. Superior Delica indeed!

u.w.