Knifejoy Exclusive Para Military 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JuPaul

Re: Knifejoy Exclusive Para Military 2

Post by JuPaul »

Rutger wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:28 pm
Nice color!
But i'll wait for it in a Para 3. I also second the comments that LC200N would have been (much) nicer.
Last we heard here, LC200n wasn't available for exclusives. I'm inclined to think that's still the case (or was a year ago when these were ordered) since we haven't seen any in all the recent exclusives. So they went with an available high quality stainless. Seems like a good decision.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
michaelm466

Post by michaelm466 »

I already have a 20CV and don't usually get multiples of the same steel, but I'll get this one just for the handle color. I agree DLC/blacked out hardware would look even better, hope to see this on the Military, Manix 2 XL and Shaman with DLC.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Not sure I'll bite on this one. I think the bright green is neat but I already have PM2s in M390 & 20CV that don't see enough pocket time. I guess I'll wait to see what the price is before making a decision.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

I'm all about this I can't wait to see more info
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
standy99

Post by standy99 »

koenigsegg wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:12 am
husq2100 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:32 am
koenigsegg wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:11 am
husq2100 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:32 pm
I was hoping this one was going to be dull blue scales and Damascus steel like Knifejoy's other exclusives.... but then found out they dont ship international so .... :(

I'll have to wait for the flippers on this one :mad:
Just curious if you've tried to contact them and see if they'll make an exception? I don't know for sure that they will but they're pretty big in the community and I'd be surprised if they didn't. Trying sending a dm to reddit user u/awindsor1980. How quickly it sells out might be the only issue.
Yeah mate I already had, not my first rodeo ;)

And I can tell you there would be more than a few Aussies that would be interested as well. But unless they are set up to and its sorted on their website, its practically impossible with a PM2 exclusive drop. They would have to put aside and most if not all will not do that as its first come first serve basis.
Sorry just trying to help and really surprised they won't. Not that I'm disputing you
Another Aussie here, even if they OK shipping like one or two do.
You come to the payment by credit card ( which you can’t select Australia ) so you have to do the whole transaction via email which is never easy to do while a sprint is getting dropped.

Have been able to get a few sprints over the years at easy online ordering sites.
Getting a Jade M4 PM2 in DLC was my “I’m happy now” moment.

But as I have said many times if I could buy all sprints from a store I would have 3x as many Spyderco’s ( so not a bad thing as I have enough for 3 or 4 lifetimes already )
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
Slash

Post by Slash »

DSH007 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:17 pm
Hmmm.. well, that's.. different..

Haha, I somehow love it and hate it all at once.
Took the words right out my mouth.
Think I have enough 20cv and para 2's. Otherwise I would probably pick one up. Think some NY jet fans would enjoy it...that is if they're allowed to carry that size where they live NJ/NY?
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

LC200N is okay but honestly not that great it will never win an edge retention contest.

I have it in a few models and and have had it in several models that got sold and even gifted Mehh... not wanting anymore of it.

Honestly prefer S30V now that I know how to sharpen it properly. :) This is coming from an East Coast Florida boy and yes sweat has allot to do with corrosion resistance it is a proven medical fact Males perspire more than females. When it is in the 90's in summer nothing less than H1 in the pocket doing yard work.

Local water PH levels play a huge role. Much of Florida uses Reverse Osmosis and it is not often buffered correctly and is too acidic which is why we get slab leaks in our copper pipes. I have seen highly corrosion resistant steels like S30V and Elmax rust if I do not wipe them down enough after using them with food and washing with tap water.

I am looking forward to S45VN a purpose formulated steel specifically for the cutlery industry to strip the mantle from both S30V and S35VN.

As for LC200N best it is let go and used for Bearings again, would like to see some Vancron Superclean.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

This color is nothing like the Jets. It's more like the color for the Seahawks.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
jdw

Post by jdw »

I think that it looks like the Oregon Ducks. They like DayGlo uniforms....The knife is pretty cool to me just because of the unique color scale but I am not sure how long that my interest would last and I have 20CV. It's hard to judge how you will feel about a knife in hand until you see it and handle it in person. It's one of my frustrations about not having a local, decent, knife shop in my area.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

That looks great!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
Doeswhateveraspidercan

I have to admit it is jarring at first look but has been growing on me and there is no denying that color and steel combination are superb.

I certainly hope the price will be more reasonable being that it is a United States based steel equivalent of M390.

I just received an email today from knives Plus that they have the Gayle Bradleyy2 back in stock but it is like $200.00 https://www.knivesplus.com/spydercobrad ... 4cfp2.html

and I remember them selling for around $160.. Oh that's right here is a link for what Blade HQ used to sell them for. https://www.bladehq.com/item--Spyderco- ... r-2--28854

I understand prices going up but $40.00 is too heavy of a price hike in my book.

Lets hope this one is more reasonably like the DLT trading 20CV PM2 in DLC trim was, around $165.00 as I recall.
Joey

Post by Joey »

The problem with them selling for $165, is that some people miss out. Some people then complain about missing out, and put their frustration all on Spyderco...as if it’s their fault as a company.
jdw

Post by jdw »

They are showing them listed at 142.97

https://knifejoy.com/spyderco-c81gpngr2 ... een-knife/
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
Doeswhateveraspidercan

For that price which is reasonable I am buying one, if nothing else than to support reasonable pricing.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Joey wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:03 pm
The problem with them selling for $165, is that some people miss out. Some people then complain about missing out, and put their frustration all on Spyderco...as if it’s their fault as a company.
Well Joey I have been hearing it both ways this year.

Some retailers have told me it is indeed Spyderco's fault shorting them expected stock and Spyderco saying essentially they can only do so much with comments from Sal alluding to these are not simple things being made like hamburgers or something like that.

Sorry can't remember the exact quote.

I for one think Spyderco and the retailers need a better system than what has gone down in 2019 and hope the last years has been a transition year to something better.

I also do not like the Sprint run or exclusives system what good is it to only sell a few items and leave a large customer base unhappy because they lost out on getting something that is supposed to never come around again? Does not make any good sense I don't care how you look at it no one except the flippers benefit.

Why do I bother even writing all this? It is because I do know Sal and Spyderco pay attention to what comes up on these forums and so do the retailers. Do I have a plan to make it all better? Nope but I have Faith in Sal and he will.
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:52 pm
Joey wrote:

Some retailers have told me it is indeed Spyderco's fault shorting them expected stock and Spyderco saying essentially they can only do so much with comments from Sal alluding to these are not simple things being made like hamburgers or something like that.

I for one think Spyderco and the retailers need a better system than what has gone down in 2019 and hope the last years has been a transition year to something better.

I also do not like the Sprint run or exclusives system what good is it to only sell a few items and leave a large customer base unhappy because they lost out on getting something that is supposed to never come around again? Does not make any good sense I don't care how you look at it no one except the flippers benefit.

Why do I bother even writing all this? It is because I do know Sal and Spyderco pay attention to what comes up on these forums and so do the retailers. Do I have a plan to make it all better? Nope but I have Faith in Sal and he will.
Flippers are not the only people who benefit. I've acquired a few sprints and exclusives for my collection, fairly easily too. The Rex45 Military I own was in stock for a few months. The V-toku2 Stretch was the same story. You can still find Hap40 wharnie Delicas for $95 USD. Not sure what the gloom and doom is about.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Albatross wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:56 pm
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:52 pm
Joey wrote:

Flippers are not the only people who benefit. I've acquired a few sprints and exclusives for my collection, fairly easily too. The Rex45 Military I own was in stock for a few months. The V-toku2 Stretch was the same story. You can still find Hap40 wharnie Delicas for $95 USD. Not sure what the gloom and doom is about.
Like you said none of the models you mentioned sold swiftly.

I am talking about more popular items like the Cruwear Micarta Shaman everyone, even the cat with one good eye could see that was going to be a stone cold sell out as well and the 20CV PM2 with DLC was with DLT. In each case small numbers produced and available for whatever reason. In each case people lost out.

Certain models in certain steels go swiftly and it is pretty easy to know which they will be.

The Stretch while a favored model of mine has never been a big seller unless I guess you give it the Super Blue Treatment....

The military has been done to death, a great knife I own many of them but REX45 was not a strong enough in demand steel to pull it off, sell them in Cruwear and watch them leap off the shelf as long as there are no smooth scales ;)

HAP40 is well ok own a Stretch and the Wharnie Delica in it. Again not enough to make me ever look at a knife and say ohhh look it has HAP40 I must get one....

Match the proper Steel to the proper model and it will sell as long as the price and shipping are not too high.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

ParaMilitary2 CPM-20CV Lime Green G-10 KnifeJoy (USA) will be released on December 12, 2019 (time to be determined) for $142.97 shipped. This is a total run of 502 pieces and a limit of 2 per person.

• I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
rivy

Post by rivy »

As someone else said, I have too many PM2s and plenty of 20CV - including a PM2...

Never the less, I am interested.
Blades

Post by Blades »

Joey wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:47 am
The older I get, the less I like bright colors like this. That said, I’m still going to pick one up! I also hope for a future run with a DLC coated blade/black hardware.
I'm the opposite. The older I get the more I want something besides black. :)
I like the lime green but I know nothing about CPM-20CV. I have a PM2 with CPM-M4 and it cuts everything I want and then more. :D