Knifejoy Exclusive Para Military 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JuPaul
Member
Posts: 1297
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am

Re: Knifejoy Exclusive Para Military 2

Postby JuPaul » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:43 pm

Where are the pictures, guys???
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

DTPrime
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:32 pm

Re: Knifejoy Exclusive Para Military 2

Postby DTPrime » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:58 pm

JuPaul wrote:Where are the pictures, guys???

867CD799-3E9F-4A21-B5DA-09B0685A02B6.jpeg
Let me know if you want anything specific, it seems identical to the tan DLT version the way the DLT and BBS M390's feel the same. I'm a big fan of the color and look forward to the DLC variant which I think will look awesome, nice to have another shade of green in the mix and hope to see more bright colors in future. Thanks Knifejoy and :spyder:!

JuPaul
Member
Posts: 1297
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am

Re: Knifejoy Exclusive Para Military 2

Postby JuPaul » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:23 pm

DTPrime wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:58 pm
JuPaul wrote:Where are the pictures, guys???


867CD799-3E9F-4A21-B5DA-09B0685A02B6.jpeg

Let me know if you want anything specific, it seems identical to the tan DLT version the way the DLT and BBS M390's feel the same. I'm a big fan of the color and look forward to the DLC variant which I think will look awesome, nice to have another shade of green in the mix and hope to see more bright colors in future. Thanks Knifejoy and :spyder:!
Thx - just wanting to see color comparisons just like that. Love your green Stretch, btw!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

User avatar
kennethsime
Member
Posts: 850
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:28 pm
Location: California

Re: Knifejoy Exclusive Para Military 2

Postby kennethsime » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:12 am

DTPrime wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:58 pm
JuPaul wrote:Where are the pictures, guys???
867CD799-3E9F-4A21-B5DA-09B0685A02B6.jpeg
Let me know if you want anything specific, it seems identical to the tan DLT version the way the DLT and BBS M390's feel the same. I'm a big fan of the color and look forward to the DLC variant which I think will look awesome, nice to have another shade of green in the mix and hope to see more bright colors in future. Thanks Knifejoy and :spyder:!
Wow, excellent job on the RIT dye! Can you provide your recipe?
C90GRE Stretch 2 ZDP-189 British Racing Green
C28GRE2 Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189 British Racing Green
C12BK2W Matriarch 2 VG-10 Emerson Open
C81G2 Para Military 2 S30V
C81GPRGR2 Para Military 2 K390 Ranger Green
C223GPRGR Para 3 K390 Ranger Green
C90FPIV2 Stretch 2 Straight Spine, VG-10 Rit Dye'd Dark Apple Green
C223GP Para 3 S30V Green Canvas Micarta

Notsurewhy
Member
Posts: 180
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:57 pm

Re: Knifejoy Exclusive Para Military 2

Postby Notsurewhy » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:04 pm

The green on that stretch is excellent. The pm2 looks more yellow than I was expecting.

User avatar
RadioactiveSpyder
Member
Posts: 3792
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:48 pm
Location: Lost in space

Re: Knifejoy Exclusive Para Military 2

Postby RadioactiveSpyder » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:40 pm

Here’s a couple of pics ;) Torx bits are still smoking!

Image
Image
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King

Joey
Member
Posts: 500
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:35 pm

Re: Knifejoy Exclusive Para Military 2

Postby Joey » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:41 pm

Sorry if the photo is blurry, but here it is next to “K390 ranger green” and “Maxamet grey” in front of “pajama flannel” :p
It really is very neon green, but I’m sure they could have made them a tad more “neon”. Some DLC coated hardware would really make it pop, no doubt!
Ah... beat me to it, Radioactive Spyder! And in a much prettier way.
Attachments
9785FAC4-8BF3-4BD7-B11C-E59AF41DBCBD.jpeg

DTPrime
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:32 pm

Re: Knifejoy Exclusive Para Military 2

Postby DTPrime » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:29 pm

Oh yeah that looks awesome RadioactiveSpyder! Planned to swap too but they said they'd do another run in DLC, we'll see if I can wait :eek:
kennethsime wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:12 am
Wow, excellent job on the RIT dye! Can you provide your recipe?
Appreciate ya, it was done with powdered Teal RIT dye in about 30 minutes and just box instructions so a little salt/dish soap/vinegar. Done in a small pot so no measurements, just paper towel tested til I liked the color (though it's closer to forest green than teal out of sunlight). Here are both in foggy sunlight with the british racing green for comparison, the KJ is yellower in pictures to my eye but it's definitely very bright in person.
IMG_7023 (1).jpg

rivy
Member
Posts: 374
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 4:58 pm

Re: Knifejoy Exclusive Para Military 2

Postby rivy » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:41 pm

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:40 pm
Here’s a couple of pics ;) Torx bits are still smoking!
Gorgeous! The Para3 Skinny is one of the best mods IMO.

JuPaul
Member
Posts: 1297
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am

Re: Knifejoy Exclusive Para Military 2

Postby JuPaul » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:35 pm

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:40 pm
Here’s a couple of pics ;) Torx bits are still smoking!

Image
Image
Wow, love all those! Now you've got me thinking...was the s35vn blade from the brown/dlc para3? I may need to do that same swap.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

User avatar
kennethsime
Member
Posts: 850
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:28 pm
Location: California

Re: Knifejoy Exclusive Para Military 2

Postby kennethsime » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:42 am

DTPrime wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:29 pm
Oh yeah that looks awesome RadioactiveSpyder! Planned to swap too but they said they'd do another run in DLC, we'll see if I can wait :eek:
kennethsime wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:12 am
Wow, excellent job on the RIT dye! Can you provide your recipe?
Appreciate ya, it was done with powdered Teal RIT dye in about 30 minutes and just box instructions so a little salt/dish soap/vinegar. Done in a small pot so no measurements, just paper towel tested til I liked the color (though it's closer to forest green than teal out of sunlight). Here are both in foggy sunlight with the british racing green for comparison, the KJ is yellower in pictures to my eye but it's definitely very bright in person.

IMG_7023 (1).jpg
You definitely just convinced me to go for the SS Stretch. :-)

All I ever wanted was that bad boy in British racing green, I'm going to go ahead and try it with the RIT dye.
C90GRE Stretch 2 ZDP-189 British Racing Green
C28GRE2 Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189 British Racing Green
C12BK2W Matriarch 2 VG-10 Emerson Open
C81G2 Para Military 2 S30V
C81GPRGR2 Para Military 2 K390 Ranger Green
C223GPRGR Para 3 K390 Ranger Green
C90FPIV2 Stretch 2 Straight Spine, VG-10 Rit Dye'd Dark Apple Green
C223GP Para 3 S30V Green Canvas Micarta

User avatar
RadioactiveSpyder
Member
Posts: 3792
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:48 pm
Location: Lost in space

Re: Knifejoy Exclusive Para Military 2

Postby RadioactiveSpyder » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:19 am

JuPaul wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:35 pm
Wow, love all those! Now you've got me thinking...was the s35vn blade from the brown/dlc para3? I may need to do that same swap.
Yes, the red lightweight was a blade swap with the brown G10 DLC S35VN model, with hardware off the new black DLC BD1N lightweight. The leftovers are a black lightweight M390 and a brown G10 BD1N (which will likely be sold).

As far as the green DLC one goes, I also heard there’s a DLC version identical to this on the horizon but honestly I did not care for the green and satin combo one bit! It just had to be a DLC setup in my mind. ;) :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King

JuPaul
Member
Posts: 1297
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am

Re: Knifejoy Exclusive Para Military 2

Postby JuPaul » Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:18 pm

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:19 am
JuPaul wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:35 pm
Wow, love all those! Now you've got me thinking...was the s35vn blade from the brown/dlc para3? I may need to do that same swap.
Yes, the red lightweight was a blade swap with the brown G10 DLC S35VN model, with hardware off the new black DLC BD1N lightweight. The leftovers are a black lightweight M390 and a brown G10 BD1N (which will likely be sold).

As far as the green DLC one goes, I also heard there’s a DLC version identical to this on the horizon but honestly I did not care for the green and satin combo one bit! It just had to be a DLC setup in my mind. ;) :)
If they do release a dlc version of the pm2, I'll be interested for sure! It does make the green pop, and I like dlc in general.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

User avatar
CXXX
Member
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:18 pm
Location: Thompsons Station, Tennessee

Re: Knifejoy Exclusive Para Military 2

Postby CXXX » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:35 pm

Could not get this one direct from Knifejoy so I had to resort to the secondary market; cost me +$45 but it is on the way. Prices seemed to drop a bit after a couple of weeks...


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], buckleys, Dazen, Google [Bot], Johncjeff, jpm2, sal, soc_monki, speedseeker, The Meat man and 39 guests