Knifejoy Exclusive Para Military 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Cowboyfromhell

Re: Knifejoy Exclusive Para Military 2

Post by Cowboyfromhell »

I agree with the above posts. Not fun at all to miss out. With a knife as legendary as a PM2, it should be available in any steel you want and any color scale you want. Just sayin
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

BigGrove wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:11 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:33 pm
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:50 pm
.....Empathize with those who miss out. The facts are these, Sal has said this is the best they can do and that is just really the end of it.
Keep in mind that these dealer exclusive runs are commissioned by the dealers. The dealers have to come up with the money to fund the run. Some of them are smaller dealers and they may not have the money to fund a large run. They're doing it more to promote their name and not necessarily for the profit.
The dealers are 100% doing it for the profit. I can guarantee you that no dealer is just breaking even or taking a loss when commissioning an exclusive. Quite the opposite, sprints and exclusives are likely big money makers. The quick turnaround of capital allows investment in other products to sell. An item sitting on a shelf is an opportunity cost for the dealer.

As far as the quantity ordered, you're assuming that the distributor/retailer gets to decide which is highly unlikely. Spyderco doesn't have infinite manufacturing capacity.
I know of at least one smaller dealer that started doing exclusives primarily to get their name out there. How do I know? Because another member and I have had some pretty extensive discussions with their C.O.O. and another manager about their Spyderco exclusive program. I'm thinking KnifeJoy probably just did the same. Where did I ever say they were only breaking even or taking a loss? Please read what I wrote again. And there's not always quick turnaround. I've seen some exclusive runs hang around for months. Last, if you think the dealers don't have some say in how many pieces their exclusive run is you're wrong. I'm pretty sure they try to work together to do something that's manageable for both parties.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

It would be great if knife dealers that offer high demand Spyderco Exclusives would allow Spyderco forumites to reserve some quantity before selling online) Would hit eBay flippers hard)
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Shaman cruwear micarta! part deux
SG89

Post by SG89 »

AlexRus wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:22 am
It would be great if knife dealers that offer high demand Spyderco Exclusives would allow Spyderco forumites to reserve some quantity before selling online) Would hit eBay flippers hard)
There are ebay flippers on the forum tho...
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:14 am
AlexRus wrote:
And if there aren't already, they'd certainly join for that.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

^^ Great points ladies. I'm sure there's plenty of them on the forum, lurking in the shadows. This place is THE SPOT to find out about upcoming sprints/exclusives. Which obviously has it's faults as well. Awesome for all of us regulars to have a shot at one of said knives, but also gives the same opportunities to them as well. Nothing we can do about it besides try to beat them to it!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

JuPaul wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:30 am
Spydergirl88 wrote:
AlexRus wrote:

Maybe they could make it where you had to have > 3,252 posts and been a member for more than 2 years to be part of the club?? ;)
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

AwayFromMySpydieHole wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:06 pm

These ridiculous sprints where the supply is 1/5 of the demand and they sell out in seconds is just tiresome. It isn’t fun. It’s stressful and disappointing. The opposite of what a hobby is supposed to be.

Oh well.
I completely agree with this sentiment. If a hobby is stressful and disappointing then it isn’t a very good hobby or you aren’t doing it right. We should probably spend our free time and discretionary funds on things that make us happy.

That said, we cannot control the world around us but we can control how we interact with it. Stress and disappointment are the byproduct of desire. If you can control the level of want then you can also control the level of stress and the level of disappointment.

That said, I was overcome with emotion when I was unable to snag a M4 Shaman and vented about it. Thankfully a great forumite hooked me up. Now, months later, I have a Crucarta Shaman and all of my frustration over the Jade Shaman seems silly. Lesson? There will always be new knives coming. If you miss out just don’t sweat it and move your attention to the next shiny object. :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

steelcity16 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:40 am
JuPaul wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:30 am
Spydergirl88 wrote:
AlexRus wrote:

Maybe they could make it where you had to have > 3,252 posts and been a member for more than 2 years to be part of the club?? ;)
Is that when the cool kids club starts? :cool: ;)
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
cistercian

Post by cistercian »

AwayFromMySpydieHole wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:06 pm
cistercian wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:44 pm
I wanted one of these. I missed it as usual...
I discussed it with a fellow knife bro today and said " I don't mind paying more for a premium steel and gonzo scale color. I tire of the instant sellout of decent steel options. My money will just go elsewhere, because I do not buy from the secondary market. Oh well."

I simply do not have the time or inclination to be be the first in the queue. And I am turned off
by the mad rush to place the order. To me, it is unseemly.

It is what it is...and I simply will not participate. It would be great to be able to order some blades in the steel and scale color you like. Until that happens...well, there are many other avenues to explore.

That’s why I’m thankful BBS exists.

If I want a sprint they do, which i almost always do, then I have no need to obsess over when it will drop. It simply becomes available and I can buy it whenever.

Stress free. And fun.

These ridiculous sprints where the supply is 1/5 of the demand and they sell out in seconds is just tiresome. It isn’t fun. It’s stressful and disappointing. The opposite of what a hobby is supposed to be.

Oh well.
Yep. I like my bento box M390 Para 2 a lot. It was expensive. But I have it.
Tiny supply and high demand=ill will. I seriously loathe the micro runs...
and in particular those that offer a steel in high demand. It sucks.
skybladefromthe

Post by skybladefromthe »

If you miss out just don’t sweat it and move your attention to the next shiny object.
Many knives have come and gone over a three year period. Many weren't Spydercos, many were. The smooth black scaled KC Cruwear pm2 is my most carried. I have a pair of cruwear grey scales to swap when I want a change.

The BBS Smurf blue M390 is in stasis and might be the next on the block. :spyder:
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

Anyone's tracking moved yet? Mine hasn't moved since Thursday the 12th
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
Joey

Post by Joey »

Mine has moved, and shows that it is at my local PO. Also there are a ton on eBay with actual photos, so many have gotten theirs.
Carlito555

Post by Carlito555 »

koenigsegg wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:21 am
Anyone's tracking moved yet? Mine hasn't moved since Thursday the 12th
Nope my tracking hasnt moved, I emailed them...hopefully it kicks in tomorrow
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

Got mine today. They put a sticker on the front of the box. I like the color but not the sticker...

It's not even straight. I wonder if a blow dryer would hurt the box
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
Carlito555

Post by Carlito555 »

koenigsegg wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:39 am
Got mine today. They put a sticker on the front of the box. I like the color but not the sticker...

They lost mine...really hope they find it...tracking stuck on accepted
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

Carlito555 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:55 am
koenigsegg wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:39 am

They lost mine...really hope they find it...tracking stuck on accepted
That's terrible, what a thing to lose. My tracking didn't move from the 12th to the 15th when it showed up at our local post office
ncvarmint

Post by ncvarmint »

Got mine the other day and not 100% sure i like the color yet. Awesome knife just a bright color. I am really liking the Blue/black para 2 M390. May have to get one of those.
BAHiker

Post by BAHiker »

ncvarmint wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:35 pm
Got mine the other day and not 100% sure i like the color yet. Awesome knife just a bright color. I am really liking the Blue/black para 2 M390. May have to get one of those.
If you want to let that knife go for a reasonable price id gladly oblige.