Knifejoy Exclusive Para Military 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Soulrack

Re: Knifejoy Exclusive Para Military 2

Post by Soulrack »

With only 502 available it was bound to be a cluster. Paramilitary 2 sprints and exclusives need to be limited in the thousands IMO.
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

I didn't get one, which is not an issue, but the time of release was unacceptable in my opinion. If a date and time are advertised, they should release the knives on time OR reschedule the release for the next week.
BigGrove

Post by BigGrove »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:33 am
The comments on their Instagram page from angry customers is pretty intense. I don’t understand why people react this way. I don’t think I ever will.
I agree. Sure it was a cluster, but it's just a knife. I've missed out plenty of times but I don't grab my pitchfork over it.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
The comments on their Instagram page from angry customers is pretty intense. I don’t understand why people react this way. I don’t think I ever will.
I totally agree LC. IT'S JUST A KNIFE!!! A PM2 at that....there's about 40 other PM2 models out there! All it is is a different scale color and a steel that's already been used on other PM2's. People are crazy.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:56 am
Liquid Cobra wrote:
I totally agree LC. IT'S JUST A KNIFE!!! A PM2 at that....there's about 40 other PM2 models out there! All it is is a different scale color and a steel that's already been used on other PM2's. People are crazy.

The people telling everyone to contact the BBB is too much! :rolleyes: The entitlement generation at it's finest!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
BigGrove

Post by BigGrove »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:56 am
Liquid Cobra wrote:
FOMO
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
You have got to be kidding right?
Doeswhateveraspidercan

There is a way to stop this.

If everyone refuses to buy under these conditions things will change. Until then good luck.
Bigbangbilly

Post by Bigbangbilly »

I liked the knife because of the green. But hey,iam from the other side of the pond. So no deal for me. Knifejoy doesn't do international shipping. But iam amazad by the fuzz about all of this.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

grep wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:41 am
Liquid Cobra wrote:
They were 20 mins late bro, that's not how a drop works!

Yes, being late is disappointing. But people make mistakes. Vowing to never purchase from a company again because of a mistake or technical issue is very extreme in my opinion. As a result so many people in society these days seem quick to turn their back or throw away people/companies/things because of a single mistake. It’s insane.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Bigbangbilly

Post by Bigbangbilly »

I think a lot of people thought to make a nice buy to gain some dollars on ebay? And are disappointment now?
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Bigbangbilly wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:26 pm
I think a lot of people thought to make a nice buy to gain some dollars on ebay? And are disappointment now?
You're absolutely right, probably in quite a few cases unfortunately.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
buccilli15

Post by buccilli15 »

Some of those insta comments are insane. Knifejoy's team of people are some of the best in the industry. Crap happens..
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

Bigbangbilly wrote:
It's possible, but looking at this thread, there were plenty of people looking to add one to their collection or user lineup. If it was in a less common steel, I would be more irritated for sure.
Hopweaver

Post by Hopweaver »

I want Knifejoy to commission a Lime Green Dodo in 20CV. :D
:bug-red Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :bug-red
fatsubie

Post by fatsubie »

Well I missed it, but no regrets. 20cv steel is ubiquitous now.
Bigbangbilly

Post by Bigbangbilly »

Because no international shipping from Knifejoy for the PM2 i just bought a Spyderco Stretch C90FPBORE. Iam happy with that one to.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:23 pm
grep wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:41 am
Liquid Cobra wrote:
They were 20 mins late bro, that's not how a drop works!

Yes, being late is disappointing. But people make mistakes. Vowing to never purchase from a company again because of a mistake or technical issue is very extreme in my opinion. As a result so many people in society these days seem quick to turn their back or throw away people/companies/things because of a single mistake. It’s insane.
I disagree with you 100% What is happening is 100% predictable and it is only going to get worse over time.

People are voicing their growing frustration over a selling practice that is quite frankly according to Sal the best they can do to keep creativity flowing, as such I accept what Sal has said. I also think it is a mistake that is hurting Spyderco's brand in the long run.

It is a mistake to confuse this for some indication of society at large or singling out just one business, just one retailer, it is the way things are being sold that is the issue we just had this a few days back with Blade HQ and their flash sellout of the Dodo. What you are seeing is built up cumulative hostility over people not being able to purchase what has been hyped up and led them to believe they need.

Great job on the marketing the lack of ability to deliver is upsetting folks.

Bottom lining it people are not happy with this way of selling what they want to buy and this is I guarantee you turning people against the Spyderco Brand not just the retailer who is taking it on the chin in the short run.

People want to feel good over a purchase not upset because they can't, because too few were made or too few are available and the rush demand it causes where sites can not keep up with the load on their resources.

People vowing not to do bushiness with companies ever again due to the way they are conducting said business is not simple making people or business or what ever disposable that is a gross exaggeration coming from a personal point of view which to me is very odd isolationist and victim oriented.

What is happening is people are upset and are letting it be known and everyone has the right to vote with their wallet.

Vowing not to do business with a business because of the way they conduct said business should be a wake-up call to all the bushiness involved if not well keep loosing customers and all will be taken care of in due time.

Reminds me of a Pizza joint here in town they built a brand new beautiful building then they kept upsetting their customers. It was not long until the rival across the street wound up occupying their new building.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Bigbangbilly wrote:

Agreed! "but muh side hustle!! i am never buying another knife to flip from you again!"
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Doeswhateveraspidercan

steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:04 pm
Bigbangbilly wrote:

Agreed! "but muh side hustle!! i am never buying another knife to flip from you again!"
Proof or it is just speculation, there are just not that many of them on any given run, what I find interesting is that BBS sells on eBay and how can they do that with those eBay fees of 20% ? might help explain the overpriced shipping no?