Knifejoy Exclusive Para Military 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
User avatar
DSH007
Member
Posts: 467
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:49 pm
Location: Merrimac, MA

Re: Knifejoy Exclusive Para Military 2

Postby DSH007 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:17 pm

Hmmm.. well, that's.. different..

Haha, I somehow love it and hate it all at once.
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..

JuPaul
Member
Posts: 2191
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am

Re: Knifejoy Exclusive Para Military 2

Postby JuPaul » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:38 pm

Albatross wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:49 pm
Rpp wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:49 pm
This is the rumored Z-Hunter collaboration.
Insta buy. Z Hunter is the best of the best... according to Nick Shabazz...
Is that for Zombie hunter? Wonder if neon green works for Sqwatch hunting, too... ;) P.S. I love the color!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

kerrcobra
Member
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:46 am

Re: Knifejoy Exclusive Para Military 2

Postby kerrcobra » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:46 pm

I'll wait for the para 3. PM2 I've tried 2-3 of them, and I just don't like the way they fit me.

User avatar
Pelagic
Member
Posts: 2440
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:49 pm
Location: East Coast/Nomadic

Re: Knifejoy Exclusive Para Military 2

Postby Pelagic » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:03 pm

This could get steel steelcity to use 20cv haha
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?

Chris_P_Bacon
Member
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:15 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Knifejoy Exclusive Para Military 2

Postby Chris_P_Bacon » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:23 pm

To hunt zombies, the knife must also possess a mall ninja blacked out blade. Even the kindergartners know this to be true.
Currently have 147 :spyder: 's in 40 different steels.
Bench Stones Atoma Diamond Plate 140,400,600,1200. Naniwa Chosera 400,800,1000,3000,5000.
Shapton Glass 1000,6000. Suehiro Rika 5000. Shapton Pro 320,1000,2000,5000,8000.
Naniwa Bonded Diamond 400,600,800,1000,3000,6000. Venev Gen2 OCB Combo Diamond 800/1200.
Spyderco 8x3 UF 306UF. Doublestuff 303FCBN2
Want List Steels 9V, 15V, K490, M398, S125V, S390, SRS-15, Vanax SC, Vancron SC

User avatar
legOFwhat?
Member
Posts: 1087
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:58 am
Location: Kentucky; Earth

Re: Knifejoy Exclusive Para Military 2

Postby legOFwhat? » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:39 pm

Love this color green! DLC blade and hardware would look awesome too.
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

JuPaul
Member
Posts: 2191
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am

Re: Knifejoy Exclusive Para Military 2

Postby JuPaul » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:56 pm

Chris_P_Bacon wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:23 pm
To hunt zombies, the knife must also possess a mall ninja blacked out blade. Even the kindergartners know this to be true.
Hmm...strong point...I suppose I'll just have to use this one for regular ol' cutting stuff. Bummer, as I'd hoped to have a dual-purpose knife. ;)
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

AwayFromMySpydieHole
Member
Posts: 266
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:20 pm

Re: Knifejoy Exclusive Para Military 2

Postby AwayFromMySpydieHole » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:04 am

All this 20CV. I don’t get it.


Why don’t we see any sprints in 20CP anymore? That steel is one of my favorites. The old grey/20CP para 2 sprint from almost a decade ago was awesome. Hate I sold my few.

Chris_P_Bacon
Member
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:15 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Knifejoy Exclusive Para Military 2

Postby Chris_P_Bacon » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:16 pm

AwayFromMySpydieHole wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:04 am
All this 20CV. I don’t get it.


Why don’t we see any sprints in 20CP anymore? That steel is one of my favorites. The old grey/20CP para 2 sprint from almost a decade ago was awesome. Hate I sold my few.



Seeing how 20CP is simply an analog of Crucible CPM S90V, and we have lots of S90V sprints. 'Spect it's cheaper to buy Crucibles version?

Edited to add quote above for clarity.
Last edited by Chris_P_Bacon on Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently have 147 :spyder: 's in 40 different steels.
Bench Stones Atoma Diamond Plate 140,400,600,1200. Naniwa Chosera 400,800,1000,3000,5000.
Shapton Glass 1000,6000. Suehiro Rika 5000. Shapton Pro 320,1000,2000,5000,8000.
Naniwa Bonded Diamond 400,600,800,1000,3000,6000. Venev Gen2 OCB Combo Diamond 800/1200.
Spyderco 8x3 UF 306UF. Doublestuff 303FCBN2
Want List Steels 9V, 15V, K490, M398, S125V, S390, SRS-15, Vanax SC, Vancron SC

Chumango
Member
Posts: 216
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:14 am
Location: East TN

Re: Knifejoy Exclusive Para Military 2

Postby Chumango » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:34 pm

Chris_P_Bacon wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:16 pm
Seeing how 20CP is simply an analog of Crucible CPM S90V, and we have lots of S90V sprints. 'Spect it's cheaper to buy Crucibles version?
It's 20CV.

Joey
Member
Posts: 526
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:35 pm

Re: Knifejoy Exclusive Para Military 2

Postby Joey » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:59 pm

Chumango wrote:
Chris_P_Bacon wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:16 pm
Seeing how 20CP is simply an analog of Crucible CPM S90V, and we have lots of S90V sprints. 'Spect it's cheaper to buy Crucibles version?
It's 20CV.
These are two different steels; CPM-20CV/CTS-20CP. Both are correct. I think they meant to say “20CP” (or more correctly, CTS-20CP)

Chris_P_Bacon
Member
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:15 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Knifejoy Exclusive Para Military 2

Postby Chris_P_Bacon » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:39 pm

Chumango wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:34 pm
Chris_P_Bacon wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:16 pm
Seeing how 20CP is simply an analog of Crucible CPM S90V, and we have lots of S90V sprints. 'Spect it's cheaper to buy Crucibles version?
It's 20CV.
Indeed this sprint is 20CV.

But hopefully my edited original post above shows more clearly that I was simply responding to an off topic question that Awayfrommyspydiehole asked about a different class steel.
Currently have 147 :spyder: 's in 40 different steels.
Bench Stones Atoma Diamond Plate 140,400,600,1200. Naniwa Chosera 400,800,1000,3000,5000.
Shapton Glass 1000,6000. Suehiro Rika 5000. Shapton Pro 320,1000,2000,5000,8000.
Naniwa Bonded Diamond 400,600,800,1000,3000,6000. Venev Gen2 OCB Combo Diamond 800/1200.
Spyderco 8x3 UF 306UF. Doublestuff 303FCBN2
Want List Steels 9V, 15V, K490, M398, S125V, S390, SRS-15, Vanax SC, Vancron SC

AwayFromMySpydieHole
Member
Posts: 266
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:20 pm

Re: Knifejoy Exclusive Para Military 2

Postby AwayFromMySpydieHole » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:54 pm

Chris_P_Bacon wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:39 pm
Chumango wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:34 pm
Chris_P_Bacon wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:16 pm
Seeing how 20CP is simply an analog of Crucible CPM S90V, and we have lots of S90V sprints. 'Spect it's cheaper to buy Crucibles version?
It's 20CV.
Indeed this sprint is 20CV.

But hopefully my edited original post above shows more clearly that I was simply responding to an off topic question that Awayfrommyspydiehole asked about a different class steel.



Right, I know this sprint is in 20CV.


My question is why we don’t see any sprints in 20CP anymore. They are two different steels....

AwayFromMySpydieHole
Member
Posts: 266
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:20 pm

Re: Knifejoy Exclusive Para Military 2

Postby AwayFromMySpydieHole » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:55 pm

Chumango wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:34 pm
Chris_P_Bacon wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:16 pm
Seeing how 20CP is simply an analog of Crucible CPM S90V, and we have lots of S90V sprints. 'Spect it's cheaper to buy Crucibles version?
It's 20CV.


No. We are referring to 20CP, not 20CV.

Spyderco used to make sprints in 20CV and it was awesome. This was about a decade ago. In my experience it out performed s90v and it was a favorite.

We don’t see it anymore though.

husq2100
Member
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:43 am
Location: Gold Coast, Australia

Re: Knifejoy Exclusive Para Military 2

Postby husq2100 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:32 pm

I was hoping this one was going to be dull blue scales and Damascus steel like Knifejoy's other exclusives.... but then found out they dont ship international so .... :(

I'll have to wait for the flippers on this one :mad:

Chumango
Member
Posts: 216
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:14 am
Location: East TN

Re: Knifejoy Exclusive Para Military 2

Postby Chumango » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:22 pm

AwayFromMySpydieHole wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:55 pm
Chumango wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:34 pm
Chris_P_Bacon wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:16 pm
Seeing how 20CP is simply an analog of Crucible CPM S90V, and we have lots of S90V sprints. 'Spect it's cheaper to buy Crucibles version?
It's 20CV.

No. We are referring to 20CP, not 20CV.

Spyderco used to make sprints in 20CV and it was awesome. This was about a decade ago. In my experience it out performed s90v and it was a favorite.

We don’t see it anymore though.
I missed the reference to 20CP. I agree, though. Why have we not seen more of it? The only one I can think of is the gray PM2.

Rutger
Member
Posts: 345
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:45 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Knifejoy Exclusive Para Military 2

Postby Rutger » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:28 pm

Nice color!
But i'll wait for it in a Para 3. I also second the comments that LC200N would have been (much) nicer.

koenigsegg
Member
Posts: 1386
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:36 pm

Re: Knifejoy Exclusive Para Military 2

Postby koenigsegg » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:11 am

husq2100 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:32 pm
I was hoping this one was going to be dull blue scales and Damascus steel like Knifejoy's other exclusives.... but then found out they dont ship international so .... :(

I'll have to wait for the flippers on this one :mad:
Just curious if you've tried to contact them and see if they'll make an exception? I don't know for sure that they will but they're pretty big in the community and I'd be surprised if they didn't. Trying sending a dm to reddit user u/awindsor1980. How quickly it sells out might be the only issue.
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN

husq2100
Member
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:43 am
Location: Gold Coast, Australia

Re: Knifejoy Exclusive Para Military 2

Postby husq2100 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:32 am

koenigsegg wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:11 am
husq2100 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:32 pm
I was hoping this one was going to be dull blue scales and Damascus steel like Knifejoy's other exclusives.... but then found out they dont ship international so .... :(

I'll have to wait for the flippers on this one :mad:
Just curious if you've tried to contact them and see if they'll make an exception? I don't know for sure that they will but they're pretty big in the community and I'd be surprised if they didn't. Trying sending a dm to reddit user u/awindsor1980. How quickly it sells out might be the only issue.
Yeah mate I already had, not my first rodeo ;)

And I can tell you there would be more than a few Aussies that would be interested as well. But unless they are set up to and its sorted on their website, its practically impossible with a PM2 exclusive drop. They would have to put aside and most if not all will not do that as its first come first serve basis.

koenigsegg
Member
Posts: 1386
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:36 pm

Re: Knifejoy Exclusive Para Military 2

Postby koenigsegg » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:12 am

husq2100 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:32 am
koenigsegg wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:11 am
husq2100 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:32 pm
I was hoping this one was going to be dull blue scales and Damascus steel like Knifejoy's other exclusives.... but then found out they dont ship international so .... :(

I'll have to wait for the flippers on this one :mad:
Just curious if you've tried to contact them and see if they'll make an exception? I don't know for sure that they will but they're pretty big in the community and I'd be surprised if they didn't. Trying sending a dm to reddit user u/awindsor1980. How quickly it sells out might be the only issue.
Yeah mate I already had, not my first rodeo ;)

And I can tell you there would be more than a few Aussies that would be interested as well. But unless they are set up to and its sorted on their website, its practically impossible with a PM2 exclusive drop. They would have to put aside and most if not all will not do that as its first come first serve basis.
Sorry just trying to help and really surprised they won't. Not that I'm disputing you
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bamalt1, Bing [Bot], blueblur, fixall, jensh and 14 guests