Taipei Spyderco Meet

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TomH

Taipei Spyderco Meet

Post by TomH »

Just want to thank Spyderco (and RGH knives) for holding this. There are lots of very impressive knives in the works. What I've found over time is that if Spyderco doesn't have a very specific style knife I'm looking for, be patient because in a year or two or three, they will. One surprising knife for me was the Lil Chokwe. Before I held it, I couldn't imagine buying that knife. After holding it, I realize it's a great design. Another was the Square Head - which I now own compliments of Spyderco. Before owning one I wondered who would want one of those? Now I wonder, who wouldn't want one? It's quite a useful design. Anyway, hats off to the Spyderco team. Hope I can make the Meet next year.
ABX2011

Re: Taipei Spyderco Meet

Post by ABX2011 »

Any more info on the lil Chokwe? Other than the shrunken design are there notable differences?
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

TomH wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:10 am
Just want to thank Spyderco (and RGH knives) for holding this. There are lots of very impressive knives in the works. What I've found over time is that if Spyderco doesn't have a very specific style knife I'm looking for, be patient because in a year or two or three, they will. One surprising knife for me was the Lil Chokwe. Before I held it, I couldn't imagine buying that knife. After holding it, I realize it's a great design. Another was the Square Head - which I now own compliments of Spyderco. Before owning one I wondered who would want one of those? Now I wonder, who wouldn't want one? It's quite a useful design. Anyway, hats off to the Spyderco team. Hope I can make the Meet next year.
do they have any new squarehead versions in the works? Last I heard the LWs were discontinued...

Also, SUPER looking forward to the Lil Chokwe! Hopefully we'll see it in the next reveal!
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
TomH

Post by TomH »

I've never owned or even held the original Chokwe. So, I can't comment on differences.

I found out the Squarehead was discontinued when I looked on line after the Meet. Didn't see any new ones at the Meet.
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

Thanks for the clarification :D
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!