Straight Spine Stretch

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SG89

Re: Straight Spine Stretch

Post by SG89 »

Congrats! It's a great knife, I'm carrying mine today
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
benisben25

Post by benisben25 »

Thanks! Carrying my G10 stretch today in anticipation haha
FullScaler

Post by FullScaler »

Very nice knife, And hand signed to boot!
Every day in my pockets, Wallet, Keys, Phone, Light, and Knife.

Https://BladeProtection.com
Shoop

Post by Shoop »

benisben25 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:39 pm
Just ordered mine off of KC for $50! Merry Christmas to me, can’t wait for it to arrive. :)
One word: score.

Ya done good my friend. Enjoy a great knife.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi FullScaler,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
benisben25

Post by benisben25 »

Well it showed up today. All I can say is outstanding job, Sal!!
SG89

Post by SG89 »

So this is my new favorite knife. I carry it clipless with a small lanyard attached. It opens like a Caly 3.5 smooth as glass. It cuts well and I really like the ergos. I had a Stretch 1 SE years ago and liked it a lot. I love this one even more. Looking forward to carrying this one for years. It's a forever knife just like my Lil Native. Thanks Spyderco.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

I agree with SG. I had a Stretch 1 HAP40 and loved it but never carried it, so off it went. I’m glad I got this straight spine because it has rekindled my love of this knife, and it feels even better in my hand then the 1. The choil is very useful now. I always had a love hate with FRN but it’s really not that bad. Great knife Sal and Co! Thank you! I will not be getting rid of this one. Kind of funny how a less expensive knife like this can kick a lot more expensive folders out of your pocket.
Josh
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

So I am carrying my straight spine Stretch exclusively through the end of the year to really find out if I like the design better than my old SB Stretch 1. I sold that Stretch because I just wasn't carrying it much. And I wasn't carrying it much for a variety of reasons.
Thus far, the Straight Spine Stretch is smoother with a less heavy lockbar than the Stretch 1. I switched the clip to tip down, which is how I prefer my FRN knives (I can't really explain why). Love the blade shape! I really think of it as a lockback PM2, and in this context I have been enjoying it. I also like the relatively maintenance free VG10, and very durable FRN. My sample has an exceptional edge on it.
More to come over the next week and a half.
AwayFromMySpydieHole

Post by AwayFromMySpydieHole »

Capt'n Boatsalot wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:15 pm
So I am carrying my straight spine Stretch exclusively through the end of the year to really find out if I like the design better than my old SB Stretch 1. I sold that Stretch because I just wasn't carrying it much. And I wasn't carrying it much for a variety of reasons.
Thus far, the Straight Spine Stretch is smoother with a less heavy lockbar than the Stretch 1. I switched the clip to tip down, which is how I prefer my FRN knives (I can't really explain why). Love the blade shape! I really think of it as a lockback PM2, and in this context I have been enjoying it. I also like the relatively maintenance free VG10, and very durable FRN. My sample has an exceptional edge on it.
More to come over the next week and a half.

I’ve been trying to resist but you’re making it hard....

Been holding out for a ZDP or k390 version, but I might just have to snag this.
GiftedMisfit

Post by GiftedMisfit »

Support the base model if you want sprints and exclusives.

Same with all the people crying for a shaman.. buy the base model to support further variations.
:cussing
ladybug93 wrote: And now I'm wondering how a translator will render "butt hurt"
AwayFromMySpydieHole

GiftedMisfit wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:20 pm

Same with all the people crying for a shaman.. buy the base model to support further variations.

Well, this isn’t a base model. There is no base model straight spine stretch.

This is a sprint, and I actually said I *was* waiting on a base model. Assuming they will make one in BRG and ZDP189 like the other Seki models.

:rolleyes:
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

AwayFromMySpydieHole wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:28 pm
GiftedMisfit wrote:

This is a sprint, and I actually said I *was* waiting on a base model. Assuming they will make one in BRG and ZDP189 like the other Seki models.

I would say get one. Cap hit the nail on the head. It’s a gem. There is something special about this one. Mine came extremely sharp. More sharp than I remember vg10 being on previous knives in my Collection.
It’s so similar to a pm2 but a little thinner and with the closed back, it really works. And the French vanilla ice cream color is nice.
AwayFromMySpydieHole

SF Native wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:03 pm
GiftedMisfit wrote:

I would say get one. Cap hit the nail on the head. It’s a gem. There is something special about this one. Mine came extremely sharp. More sharp than I remember vg10 being on previous knives in my Collection.
It’s so similar to a pm2 but a little thinner and with the closed back, it really works. And the French vanilla ice cream color is nice.

Oh I’ve made up my mind to order a couple of them after Xmas. The white color has actually grown on me after seeing it in pictures here. And other people calling it an FRN para 2....now I gotta try it.
GiftedMisfit

Post by GiftedMisfit »

Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:35 pm
SF Native wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:03 pm
GiftedMisfit wrote:

Oh I’ve made up my mind to order a couple of them after Xmas. The white color has actually grown on me after seeing it in pictures here. And other people calling it an FRN para 2....now I gotta try it.

Make sure you buy this sprint to support the base model being thought of.. better for ya?
:cussing
ladybug93 wrote: And now I'm wondering how a translator will render "butt hurt"
Crazy Canuck

Post by Crazy Canuck »

I've been under a rock it seems... This was completely off my radar. Saw it today for the first time on another forum, checked my dealer (W&W in Canada) to see if they had it, and it was my first knife purchase of 2020. I have a couple Stretch 1's, but haven't tried the 2's yet. Looking forward to it arriving in a few days :)
- Mike

Singing along with the voices in my head
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Straight Spine Stretch came in at lunch!

Also picked up four bottles of brown and green RIT dyes, going to attempt an Olive or Dark Forest green.

Album
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Crazy Canuck

Post by Crazy Canuck »

kennethsime wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:28 pm
Straight Spine Stretch came in at lunch!

Also picked up four bottles of brown and green RIT dyes, going to attempt an Olive or Dark Forest green.

Album
Very cool, Mine came in yesterday. Looking forward to seeing your die-job, but don't think I have the stomach to try one myself. ;)

- Mike

Singing along with the voices in my head
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Crazy Canuck wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:08 pm
Very cool, Mine came in yesterday. Looking forward to seeing your die-job, but don't think I have the stomach to try one myself. ;)
Here you go!

Album link with the full story and dye detaIls.

Beautiful Case knife by the way.
Last edited by kennethsime on Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

[duplicate]
Last edited by kennethsime on Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.