Your favorite sprint/exclusive released after join-date PLUS BONUS QUESTION

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JuPaul

Re: Your favorite sprint/exclusive released after join-date PLUS BONUS QUESTION

Post by JuPaul »

About half of my spydies were sprints when I joined early this summer, and maybe a little over half now. The forum introduced me to some of the smaller dealers and their exclusives. My favorite sprint/exclusive since joining has been the cruwear manix (now that I've got micarta scales for it and really made it my own). The only one I've hunted down was a rex45 para3. It was much loved before it came to me, so I didn't have to overpay, and don't feel bad using it. I still keep my eyes peeled for a used hap40/green caly 3, but haven't found that great deal yet. I also really want an imperial green Lum Chinese, which I think was production, but it's on my wish list.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Favorite sprint released after join date, that I own: Cruwear Manix 2
Favorite sprint released after join date that I will never own: Cruwear Micarta Shaman
Impulse chase: Polished micarta Caly Jr. in PE & SE, also Baby Jess Horn SE polished micarta.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

since i only own one exclusive and it’s my favorite folding knife, i guess it’s the winner. right around the time i came here, i learned about the manix 2 lw in xhp from knifecenter. i wasn’t thrilled with the color, but i was happy to spend the $5 extra for xhp over bd1. i don’t care for translucent blue either and the black version was more expensive than the exclusive, despite the inferior steel. it seemed like a no brainer to me and i went for it, hoping the brown would grow on me. fortunately for me, that model wasn’t as ridiculously popular as all the other sprints and exclusives that have come out since, so i had days to make my decision instead of minutes. it’s a great knife. there are only two ways it could be improved. it needs screws instead of pins and it would be so great to have a salt version in lc200n. otherwise, it’s perfect.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Delicas in FRN; M390 & Cruwear at the top.

Chased the 2013 Forum Knife.

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

I joined in 2011, but I'll use 2019 as I recently became active again.

Prior to joining? The Rivers Edge Cutlery Para 3 with the Brown DLC blade and Olive Green Handles in 204p. Man, I wish I had gotten that one! I just love the colors more than anything.

After joining? BBS K390 & Foliage Green PM2 and Para 3.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

This is easy. It was the first-run smurf M390 PM2. Great steel plus my favorite color. Also, CQI fixed an issue that my standard 2010 PM2 had with the lock tab. It’s the only knife for which I bought a pre-need replacement. I sold my black PM2 to a friend for a low price shortly after getting the blue one. I still love it.

I got a green sprint for my dad (green was his favorite color), then inherited it back when he passed. I still carry the original blue one, the spare just waits in a drawer.