Old Requests Being Made Again: C-111 in Orange Please??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
benben

Re: Old Requests Being Made Again: C-111 in Orange Please??

Post by benben »

I've got a still new Captain in the box that I've never carried and am now torn about carrying cause I don't want to hurt the value, been thinking about selling it for "years". For me it looks like the most unpractical knife design ever, definitely the most unpractical knife I've ever owned. But the thing that makes me want to try it is it fits my hand like it was custom made for me!
JD Spydo

Re: Old Requests Being Made Again: C-111 in Orange Please??

Post by JD Spydo »

I've always like the super unique design of the Captain>> but I've come to the conclusion that it would be 20 times more useful in SE. There are some models that I believe would go over big in SE and I do think that Captain model is one of them. Other than bringing back the C-36 Military model in full SE I don't know of many others that have had more requests in SE.

From about 2008 to 2011 that Captain had quite of a cult following. It's sort of just dropped off the radar screen. But I believe a serrated version would change the demand many times over.

It's basically a Hawkbill with a plain edged end on it when you take a hard look at it. I would love to ask Jason Breeden what he intended with that design. With the name "Captain" I would be inclined to believe he intended it to be used in fishing and other marine applications. But again it would be very interesting in SE.