Anyone else hoping for a BBS exclusive Military in k390?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
kerrcobra

Anyone else hoping for a BBS exclusive Military in k390?

Post by kerrcobra »

Ever since I got my first military (BHQ M4), I've been wanting more. I'd love to see a Cruwear w/smooth black G10 from KC as well, but I was just looking at my k390 para 3 and it got me thinking about how awesome a military would be in this combo.

Anyone else agree? I know plenty will disagree solely on the fact that they dislike BBS, but feel free to share other disagreements as well.
--Jeremy
cycleguy

Re: Anyone else hoping for a BBS exclusive Military in k390?

Post by cycleguy »

Not a Military guy ... too big for my preferences. BUT, hope the Military guys get to see this happen.

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

I think an OD Green Cru-carta Military and Denim Micarta K390 Military would be awesome and quite popular. Hopefully Spyderco will expand their Micarta offerings into their other Golden models soon.
Last edited by steelcity16 on Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

At this point in time, any sprint run/exclusive would be nice.
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
kerrcobra

Post by kerrcobra »

steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:51 pm
I think an OD Green Cru-carta Military and Denim Micarta K399 Military would be awesome and quite popular. Hopefully Spyderco will expand their Micarta offerings into their other Golden models soon.
Ooh yeah... I'd love a k390 denim micarta Military!
--Jeremy
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I’m not hoping for an exclusive. I want regular production or a widely available Sprint Run.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

Doc Dan wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:28 pm
I’m not hoping for an exclusive. I want regular production or a widely available Sprint Run.
Don't think that regular production K390 or Cru-Wear Millie is gonna happen....but man can dream.
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
vivi

Post by vivi »

I'm not interested in BBS anything.

I'd love to see another shop do a DLC K390 Manix XL though!
:unicorn
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

kerrcobra wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:00 pm
...I know plenty will disagree solely on the fact that they dislike BBS, but feel free to share other disagreements as well.
Vivi wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:39 pm
Ok, I'll bite: what's the deal with people hating BBS? I've ordered two knives from them recently, both came super-quick USPS Priority and the tracking was super reliable; down to a 3-hour window so I could pick them up on my lunch break.

I like the military a lot, but still wish they'd do a Military 2 with a compression lock and 4-way clip. I'd take a Military 2 in K390 and Ranger Green G10 in a heartbeat.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
vivi

Post by vivi »

kennethsime wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:06 am
kerrcobra wrote:
...I know plenty will disagree solely on the fact that they dislike BBS, but feel free to share other disagreements as well.
Vivi wrote:
Ok, I'll bite: what's the deal with people hating BBS? I've ordered two knives from them recently, both came super-quick USPS Priority and the tracking was super reliable; down to a 3-hour window so I could pick them up on my lunch break.

I like the military a lot, but still wish they'd do a Military 2 with a compression lock and 4-way clip. I'd take a Military 2 in K390 and Ranger Green G10 in a heartbeat.
I don't do business with them because they don't have customer service and they double charge customers for shipping.
:unicorn
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I would buy one.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
jdw

Post by jdw »

I would buy one as well. The Military is my favorite Spyderco platform and I am loving K390.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
sok

Post by sok »

I would buy one and I would be happy.

Having said that, I am at a point in my knife life where my scope of acceptable characteristics is very narrow. I don’t use folders with textured handles, and I don’t buy folders that weigh over four ounces. The Military is the only folder that has an exemption from both of these rules.

I would love a micarta handle though. Smooth preferred.
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

Funnily enough, I would never thought that BBS Millie would have such a support, given the retailer reputation.
archangel

Post by archangel »

Even if K390 was the very best steel in the world, lightyears ahead of all the others - which afaik is not the case - I'd never support the BBS BS business model. I don't get how anyone can be so ignorant. Sorry if this offends some of you, but I feel it needed to be said.
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
sok

Post by sok »

archangel wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:22 am
Even if K390 was the very best steel in the world, lightyears ahead of all the others - which afaik is not the case - I'd never support the BBS BS business model. I don't get how anyone can be so ignorant. Sorry if this offends some of you, but I feel it needed to be said.
Not doing business with BBS because one doesn't like their business model, I understand. The venom directed towards those that do buy from BBS, I do not understand.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I hope it gets this steel but I'm not at all interested in this particular vendor getting it.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Vivi wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:27 am
kennethsime wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:06 am
kerrcobra wrote:
Vivi wrote:

I don't do business with them because they don't have customer service and they double charge customers for shipping.
Not double, rather triple.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

And shipping 5x for international customers compared to other US vendors. So no thanks BBS.

K390 would be nice though. But even then i'm not sure if i'd get it. I am pretty well set with the CTS 204P and REX 45 Military.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

archangel wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:22 am
Ignorance is a lack of knowledge. I am not lacking knowledge in this case. How could I be? This is the deadest and most beaten horse on this forum. I simply think that there are bigger travesties in the world than some company in a free market choosing to run their business however they choose. I choose to let the free market decide.

Feel free to vote with your wallet but please keep the judgement of others to yourself. You didn’t say anything that hasn’t already been said a thousand times before. It is actually impossible to even discuss an exclusive they have commissioned without the conversation devolving in about three posts into a discussion of the business themselves. That is getting tiresome.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?