Anyone else hoping for a BBS exclusive Military in k390?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Pelagic

Re: Anyone else hoping for a BBS exclusive Military in k390?

Post by Pelagic »

AwayFromMySpydieHole wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:49 am
Pelagic wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:50 pm
jpm2 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:32 pm
Yep, I hope BBS get's all the K390 exclusives. That way I'll be able to get them, guaranteed.
Also guaranteed it won't be someone else's return.
Can't say that for other dealer!
We'll all be swimming in k390 soon enough. Once the entire endura and delica lineup come in k390, who will any company compete with spyderco?

What production knife could ever compete with a k390 Endura for $120ish? That is a game changer.

Wait, is this true? Tell me more about the delica and endura coming out in k390. I know the P4 lightweight is supposed to, but the delica endura and endela as well? Color?

This is great news.
There's a thread on it I think. Sal didn't say when, but Enduras and Delicas (and maybe one more) are getting the k390 treatment.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Very interested in a dealer or distributor exclusive or Sprint Run Military in K390.

Not interested in any more exclusives by BBS due to their onerous business model (high price, high shipping and no returns). Frankly, with 4 BBS exclusives this year that’s 4 too many. Let the likes of BladeHQ, KnifeCenter, DLT Trading, St. Nicks and various other dealers and distributors get the exclusives.
Last edited by RamZar on Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

RamZar wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:39 pm
Not interested in any more exclusives by BBS due to their onerous business model (high price, high shipping and no returns). Frankly, with 4 BBS exclusives this year that’s 4 too many. Let the likes of BladeHQ, KnifeCenter, DLT Trading, St. Nicks and various other dealers and distributors get the exclusives.
Agreed.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
sok

Post by sok »

jpm2 wrote:
Yep, I hope BBS get's all the K390 exclusives. That way I'll be able to get them, guaranteed.
Agreed.
AwayFromMySpydieHole

Post by AwayFromMySpydieHole »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:17 pm
RamZar wrote:
Agreed.

Why would you ever want LESS exclusives? That is so counter intuitive.

More exclusives are always a good thing, regardless of whether or not you like the particular dealer or not. Some of y’all are obsessed with the BBS hate. I don’t really mind it. Their business, their rules. I’ve bought from them and never had an issue. I have bought things that I ended up not liking or wanting, and I simply sold them on the secondary market.

Their return policy is really a non issue. Let the exclusives keep coming.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:53 pm
Sumdumguy wrote:
RamZar wrote:
Agreed.

More exclusives are always a good thing, regardless of whether or not you like the particular dealer or not. Some of y’all are obsessed with the BBS hate. I don’t really mind it. Their business, their rules. I’ve bought from them and never had an issue. I have bought things that I ended up not liking or wanting, and I simply sold them on the secondary market.

I’m all for MORE exclusives but just none from BBS. That’s all.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

RamZar wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:25 pm
Sumdumguy wrote:
RamZar wrote:
Agreed.

Exactly. They are taking production slots away from reasonably priced dealers with acceptable shipping and business practices.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
AwayFromMySpydieHole

Sumdumguy wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:55 pm
RamZar wrote:
Sumdumguy wrote:

Agreed.

Exactly. They are taking production slots away from reasonably priced dealers with acceptable shipping and business practices.

News flash. The prices and practices are only unacceptable to YOU and some others.

Obviously, their prices and practices are acceptable to many/most because their knives sell and they keep doing exclusives. That means people are buying the knives.

It’s ok for YOU to not like BBS and not want their exclusives, but it’s a little messed up to hope they can never do more simply because YOU don’t like it. Others do, and others want to see more.

Your attitude is very similar to the meme where the kid is angrily looking over a chess table and saying “STOP LIKING WHAT I DON’T LIKE!”

You can choose to vote with your dollar and not do business with them. But wishing that they had their ability to run sprints just because you don’t like them is incredibly childish and petty.
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

I have no idea what I'm agreeing to, but.....
Agreed.
Pancake wrote:
Nate wrote:
You are a nobody got it?
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:50 pm
Sumdumguy wrote:
RamZar wrote:

News flash. The prices and practices are only unacceptable to YOU and some others.

Obviously, their prices and practices are acceptable to many/most because their knives sell and they keep doing exclusives. That means people are buying the knives.

It’s ok for YOU to not like BBS and not want their exclusives, but it’s a little messed up to hope they can never do more simply because YOU don’t like it. Others do, and others want to see more.

Your attitude is very similar to the meme where the kid is angrily looking over a chess table and saying “STOP LIKING WHAT I DON’T LIKE!”

You can choose to vote with your dollar and not do business with them. But wishing that they had their ability to run sprints just because you don’t like them is incredibly childish and petty.

You have your opinion and others have the opposite viewpoint. Let’s not hurl insults and call those with viewpoints contrary to yours as “incredibly childish and petty“.
dogrunner

Post by dogrunner »

This thread has gone over the edge. It was a yes/no question and it has turned into the usual argument. EVERYONE CAN STOP MAKING SPEECHES NOW!!!
sok

Post by sok »

I would buy a Military with a K390 blade from any of the regular dealers but I feel my best shot at getting one would be from BBS. Plus I like the ranger green colored handle. The reds and grays and natural colors not so much. With no real options for aftermarket scales for the Military, color becomes important.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Can you cry babies serious shut up and stop muddling this thread?? Christ, go piss and moan elsewhere. Your serving NO purpose here. Ramzar...I used to respect what you do here, but your a bit annoying when it comes to these BBS threads.

Sometimes, silence is golden...
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Sumdumguy wrote:
RamZar wrote:

News flash: I answered the question of this thread with my opinion. If you don't like it, don't read it.

If the question is asked about whether or not I want an exclusive from a particular vendor, I will answer.

My opinion on this matter is that, no, I do not wish to see any more exclusives from a sleazy dealer like BBS. If you want to support shady business practices, go for it. I refuse.

Feel free to continue crying about my opinion, it won't change it.

Good luck in life.

-Thomas Jefferson
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

Evil D wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:40 am
Pelagic wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:50 pm
jpm2 wrote:
We'll all be swimming in k390 soon enough. Once the entire endura and delica lineup come in k390, who will any company compete with spyderco?

What production knife could ever compete with a k390 Endura for $120ish? That is a game changer.

If I remember right I think I got my S110V Manix 2 LW for around $95 shipped. That was the deal if the century. Spyderco have set the performance per dollar bar several times.
Indeed, there are some excellent deals to be had via the manix 2.
Pancake wrote:
Nate wrote:
You are a nobody got it?
AwayFromMySpydieHole

Sumdumguy wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:13 am
Sumdumguy wrote:
RamZar wrote:

News flash: I answered the question of this thread with my opinion. If you don't like it, don't read it.

If the question is asked about whether or not I want an exclusive from a particular vendor, I will answer.

My opinion on this matter is that, no, I do not wish to see any more exclusives from a sleazy dealer like BBS. If you want to support shady business practices, go for it. I refuse.

Feel free to continue crying about my opinion, it won't change it.

Good luck in life.

I’m not going to argue, but I would like to know exactly how BBS has “shady” business practices.

As far as I know, explicitly writing out your practices in black and white ink for everyone to see is just about the antithesis of shady. No one is being tricked, fooled, or surprised by it....so I think your hyperbole is going a little far.

They simply have practices that you don’t agree with. Doesn’t make them shady. Vote with your dollar, but maybe don’t slander.

Have a good one.
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

As usual, getting the last word in as well as being quick to seize the moral high ground is important to both sides. I personally don't think "shady" is slanderous or too bad of a stretch. It's not the word I would use, but it's not that far off. I'm glad that I got a chance to get a k390 pm2. And I may even go as far to say that IF a k390 military comes out, I'd prefer that BBS releases it. It's because I'd REALLY, REALLY want the knife. But does that mean I'm supposed respect insane shipping costs? Big price Markups? Or their "not my problem" stance in regard to quality assurance of the products they sell? Whether or not you think these practices are worthy of praise is purely subjective.

The complaints will always be there. Respect the free market, but respect free speech as well. And above all else respect each other. If you love BBS, good for you. A few dozen forum posts displaying disapproval for their business practices will not shut them down. If anything this just reassures you that you'll have less competition for these limited quantity runs. I don't see why people get so MAD over this. Can the glass be half full for once?? Who cares what BBS does? Either buy a knife from them joyfully, or give them the proverbial middle finger and keep going about your business.

Please, don't let what someone types on a knife forum anger you so much. Not worth it!!
Pancake wrote:
Nate wrote:
You are a nobody got it?
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

Topics that should not be discussed on the forum.. sex, religion, politics, and bento box shop.

;)
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

DSH007 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:21 am
Topics that should not be discussed on the forum.. sex, religion, politics, and bento box shop.

;)
😂😂 This is so true that it's not even funny.
I have a feeling that this is getting locked pretty soon.
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I like knives...
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?