The hawkbill learning experience

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JD Spydo

Re: The hawkbill learning experience

Post by JD Spydo »

prndltech wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:51 pm
I FREAKIN LOVE THE TASMAN 2.
With the success they've had with the TASMAN II just convinces me that it's past time for the re-introduction for the legendary G-10 Harpy.

I love the extra rigidity of the Harpy. However I can live with a TASMAN model.
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

geronm042 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:46 am
I’m with you lol

I would dream of a more elaborated construction hawkbill salt, like a Caribbean Hawkbill... not that the Tasman is bad, just to honor properly how great these blades are !!!
JD Spydo wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:54 pm
prndltech wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:51 pm
I FREAKIN LOVE THE TASMAN 2.
With the success they've had with the TASMAN II just convinces me that it's past time for the re-introduction for the legendary G-10 Harpy.

I love the extra rigidity of the Harpy. However I can live with a TASMAN model.
I like to shave down the middle hump on these delica handles though. I don’t mind sanding them down on FRN, but I wouldn’t be as quick to do it on a knife with premium materials. I love them just the way they are, it’s what makes the delica and the Tasman 2 work for me. I can “delete” that center nub and it’s much more comfortable for me!
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

That Harpy model with a G-10 handle is just a completely different Hawkbill folder all the way around. I've been wanting to see that model return for quite some time. It's just high time they do at least one or two of their Hawkbill folders with high caliber handles IMO.
PaloArt

Post by PaloArt »

Post more photos from this project please! I am really excited to hear more and see more :spyder: :cool:

My friends and I had this challenge of 2 weeks of just one knife from our collections which last for 6 months last year. I can say that using hawkbill as my primary knife was not ideal but definitely doable - even cooking which was little bit awkward though and I had to modify eating habits of my girlfriend and mine.
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:35 pm
That Harpy model with a G-10 handle is just a completely different Hawkbill folder all the way around. I've been wanting to see that model return for quite some time. It's just high time they do at least one or two of their Hawkbill folders with high caliber handles IMO.
I don’t know if it’s better for this... but here’s you a plain edge “hawkbill” in action. No... this isn’t me, I just found this on the interwebs. Looks quite thin!

Last edited by prndltech on Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

PaloArt wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:58 am
Post more photos from this project please! I am really excited to hear more and see more :spyder: :cool:

My friends and I had this challenge of 2 weeks of just one knife from our collections which last for 6 months last year. I can say that using hawkbill as my primary knife was not ideal but definitely doable - even cooking which was little bit awkward though and I had to modify eating habits of my girlfriend and mine.
Impromptu heater hose repair... prying, scraping, cutting with the little bit mighty ladybug.

Cutting some thick plastic to get to an evaporator on a Honda Odyssey. Yes, you’re actually supposed to...
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006