Micarta Shaman 2nd Sprint Run

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BigGrove

Micarta Shaman 2nd Sprint Run

Post by BigGrove »

With Sal announcing a second sprint run is in the works I thought new thread dedicated to this version would be appropriate. Since it will be the same brown micarta I would like Maxamet if it's the same stonewash finish the PM2 and P3 versions have. I love that finish.
Sumdumguy

Re: Micarta Shaman 2nd Sprint Run

Post by Sumdumguy »

I'm guessing it will be PD#1
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:05 am
I'm guessing it will be PD#1
Seems to make sense. This way it is the same (for those who wanted one but didn't get one) without it being the same (for those that got one and enjoy having something not so common). Also, probably enough of the same thing to where those that got one won't be interested in duplicating ... unless they are collecting everything or wanting another to use while the first stays in the collection.

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

I'm really hoping for CPM 4V.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
joeldworkin307

Post by joeldworkin307 »

They have been favoring k390 lately...
Leader2light

Post by Leader2light »

I don't care about steel, but want a shiny blade just like the run that was so successful. You can already buy stonewashed or DLC blades by default.
thewoodpecker

Post by thewoodpecker »

PD#1 makes sense but K390 or 4V/Vanadis4E would be interesting. I hope they go stonewashed instead of satin on this one though.
Spyderco Caly 3.5 Super Blue user, Astute enthusiast, and geometry advocate.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

The Meat man wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:39 am

I would like a Denim 4V Shaman, but I am guessing the Denim one will be K390. Guessing PD-1 on this next brown run. 4V might end up with burgundy micarta, and REALLY hoping for 3V with black micarta. Black is kind of boring in G10/FRN, but unbuffed matte black micarta looks fantastic.

I've seen a few people ask for stonewash as well, but I really like the satin on my Cru-carta Shaman and vote to stick with that! :D A concurrent run of DLC variants would be welcome with any of the above combinations though!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
sal

Post by sal »

We've not yet purchased the material and we've not chosen a steel so this isn't going to happen immediately.

sal
731chopper

Post by 731chopper »

sal wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:18 am
We've not yet purchased the material and we've not chosen a steel so this is going to happen immediately.

sal
Regardless, thank you for doing another run.
chacho

Post by chacho »

Cant wait regardless of steel!
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

sal wrote:
We've not yet purchased the material and we've not chosen a steel so this is going to happen immediately.

sal
To compliment the original I would either do Cruwear and a different color micarta, or brown micarta and PD1. That would make the original special yet still give everyone else a shot at very similar knife.
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
blues

Post by blues »

sal wrote:

sal
I'm guessing Sal meant to type "isn't".

Whatever it "is", I'm sure it will be well received.
- Retired from the chase -
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Dazen wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:39 am
sal wrote:

sal
To compliment the original I would either do Cruwear and a different color micarta, or brown micarta and PD1. That would make the original special yet still give everyone else a shot at very similar knife.

I feel like both are going to happen. Sal mentioned in a few threads that they were going to do OD Green with Cruwear and Denim with a TBD steel (4V or K390 are my guesses). So this new bombshell about another run of brown in a "complimentary" steel leads me to believe this will be PD-1 with brown micarta, since PD-1 is Carpenter's version of Crucible's CPM-Cruwear. Sounds to me like we will see all three of these.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
blueblur

Post by blueblur »

I hope they still do something with Cruwear. Choosing a different steel isn’t completely solving the issue.
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

The Meat man wrote:
Yeah, you'd think they could di a re-run of a model that sold out in like 50 seconds, Haha.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

I hope everyone who wants a Cruwear Shaman gets one, if they do another run I will buy one just to be able to sell it to someone on here at cost. The only Shaman I’m in the market to keep is a one with burgundy micarta, don’t really even care what steel.
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Pelagic wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:19 pm
The Meat man wrote:
Yeah, you'd think they could di a re-run of a model that sold out in like 50 seconds, Haha.
I guess you're referring to a specific dealer since the originalt thread has gone on for weeks, and i see them on a daily basis (just not from US dealers) also pictures pop up daily from end users who just got one, but what do i know. It'd be interesting to know if 1200 were/has been made and distributed or if it was a small/er run this time.
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Dazen wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:22 pm
I hope everyone who wants a Cruwear Shaman gets one, if they do another run I will buy one just to be able to sell it to someone on here at cost. The only Shaman I’m in the market to keep is a one with burgundy micarta, don’t really even care what steel.
I think i'd bite the bullet and get the scales i want made for one, since steel is less important to you (and i agree)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

Larry_Mott wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:26 pm
Dazen wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:22 pm
I think i'd bite the bullet and get the scales i want made for one, since steel is less important to you (and i agree)

I would but I’m a sucker for factory fit and finish, and I’ve yet to see any aftermarket compare. Also, I do really care what steel, but I know whatever steel Spyderco pairs with burgundy micarta would be awesome!
Dane