Squarehead pull strap

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Ez556

Squarehead pull strap

Post by Ez556 »

Ever since I got the Squarehead and saw the 1” slot at the top I’ve been wanting to do something like this to make it easier to get out of the coin/5th pocket, and last night I finally got around to it. Pardon my off-center stitching, I have plenty of extra strap to try again if it bothers me that much. The 1” strap fits perfectly, and it works just like I wanted it to, to make it easier to pull out of the pocket and give a bit more to hold on to when opening. I can flick the Squarehead open with my thumb like I would any of my other Spydies now. I was gonna do navy blue, but I ended up liking the lighter grey a bit better.
Likes FRN
:spyder: MEMBER OF THE CRUWEAR NATION :spyder:
sal wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:28 am
But in reality, there is nothing quite like a gun. And it has been said, "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".
Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:35 am
Does that complexity decrease the simplicity? Not at all.
Abyss_Fish wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:54 pm
Ti is uh, 300 dollars.
Dazen

Re: Squarehead pull strap

Post by Dazen »

That’s an awesome idea and well executed! I’m just thinking of the conversation with the Mrs when you tell her you need to borrow the sewing machine for your knife!
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
Ez556

Post by Ez556 »

Dazen wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:10 am
That’s an awesome idea and well executed! I’m just thinking of the conversation with the Mrs when you tell her you need to borrow the sewing machine for your knife!
Plot twist, the sewing machine is mine! ;)
Likes FRN
sal wrote:
But in reality, there is nothing quite like a gun. And it has been said, "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".
Sumdumguy wrote:
Abyss_Fish wrote:
Ti is uh, 300 dollars.
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

That is an awesome addition. Makes me want to do that to mine!
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Nice! :spyder:
I had the same idea and made something similar on a couple of my Squareheads using leather!
-Nick :bug-red
Ez556

Post by Ez556 »

Mushroom wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:08 pm
Nice! :spyder:
I had the same idea and made something similar on a couple of my Squareheads using leather!
I was actually just looking at you knives in the "whats in your pocket" thread! I do really like the Squarehead.
Likes FRN
sal wrote:
Sumdumguy wrote:
Abyss_Fish wrote:
Ti is uh, 300 dollars.
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

it's an excellent knife, it's a shame the market isn't more responsive. When i carry/use it, it attracts a lot of positive attention from folks who aren't normally knife fans.
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!