Delica 4 Glow-In-The-Dark FRN

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Tabo

Delica 4 Glow-In-The-Dark FRN

Post by Tabo »

Just saw this on GPKnives coming soon page.

https://www.gpknives.com/spyderco-delic ... pgitd.html

Hoping to score one depending on price.
Mushroom

Re: Delica 4 Glow-In-The-Dark FRN

Post by Mushroom »

I have a feeling these will sell out quickly. I'm definitely planning to scoop one! :cool:
-Nick :bug-red
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

That will have to be my 1st Delica!
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Holy crap! I will now buy a Delica...

It is time!
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
PStone

Post by PStone »

So it says direct from Sportsman’s Supply via Spyderco. Does that mean it is a distributor exclusive, and may possibly be at all the dealers? Like the cruwear and teal delicas were?
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Am i the only one to think it looks like something you'd find at a Conoco station?
(with all due respect)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

DirtMcGirt wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:18 pm
So it says direct from Sportsman’s Supply via Spyderco. Does that mean it is a distributor exclusive, and may possibly be at all the dealers? Like the cruwear and teal delicas were?
It's a distributer exclusive. There was an accidental leak about it:
Oogie wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:44 pm
Received mine on Thursday, and really pleased with it. One oddball aspect of my packaging was that the included documentation was not for the right VG10 damascus release, but for a distributor exclusive glow in the dark FRN handle release. Unsure if that is an old release, or possibly a known or unknown future release?

-from the VG-10 Damascus FRN Delica thread.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=84965&start=40
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Larry_Mott wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:23 pm
Am i the only one to think it looks like something you'd find at a Conoco station?
(with all due respect)
Yeah GITD is fun but not for me.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Ez556

Post by Ez556 »

In the knife world there seems to be an affinity for GITD stuff, but for the most part it doesn't appeal to me. In my mind, its likely not gonna be glowing in any instance you'd need it to, so its more for gimmick and aestetic appeal. The idea Sal mentioned they had for the Military to have tritium vials in the handle makes more sense if visibility in the dark is your concern. Its an interesting variation of the Delica for sure though.
Likes FRN
:spyder: MEMBER OF THE CRUWEAR NATION :spyder:
sal wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:28 am
But in reality, there is nothing quite like a gun. And it has been said, "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".
Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:35 am
Does that complexity decrease the simplicity? Not at all.
Abyss_Fish wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:54 pm
Ti is uh, 300 dollars.
God'sMyJudge

Post by God'sMyJudge »

Is this the first instance of gitd frn we have seen?
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

The Meat man wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:38 pm
DirtMcGirt wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:18 pm
It's a distributer exclusive. There was an accidental leak about it:
Oogie wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:44 pm
Received mine on Thursday, and really pleased with it. One oddball aspect of my packaging was that the included documentation was not for the right VG10 damascus release, but for a distributor exclusive glow in the dark FRN handle release. Unsure if that is an old release, or possibly a known or unknown future release?

-from the VG-10 Damascus FRN Delica thread.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=84965&start=40
Aha! So it is real...I think it's a fun idea, and if the price is right I'll probably add one to my delica collection.

Edit: Wasn't there a GITD manix at one point? Does anyone have one if those? Wondering how well it actually worked.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

JuPaul wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:28 pm

Edit: Wasn't there a GITD manix at one point? Does anyone have one if those? Wondering how well it actually worked.
EDC Forums has both a GITD Manix 2 and Manix XL, though they were a plastic-like material on full liners, so not FRN.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
attila

Post by attila »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:40 pm
Larry_Mott wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:23 pm
(with all due respect)
Yeah GITD is fun but not for me.
^This
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Ez556 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:49 pm
In the knife world there seems to be an affinity for GITD stuff, but for the most part it doesn't appeal to me. In my mind, its likely not gonna be glowing in any instance you'd need it to, so its more for gimmick and aestetic appeal. The idea Sal mentioned they had for the Military to have tritium vials in the handle makes more sense if visibility in the dark is your concern. Its an interesting variation of the Delica for sure though.
It matches a pair of my shoes... PC Half Cab Pros>:) best shoe in the world, made better by GitD!(even the box glows)

I've been crying for a GitD Jester, but this will work. Swap out a hap40 wharnie or a Lil Matriarch blade and call it a day.

Depending on what kind of glow it is, it can hold a "charge" for a long time. The box of those shoes is in a rarely used closet and it always has a faint glow to it from almost no light exposure.

We will see!
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Glad to finally see some GITD FRN! I'll be grabbing one. Too bad it's not Cruwear. :( GITD Cruwear would really be a winning combo!

This gives me hope for the GITD Jester Salt we have been dreaming about!! :D

A GITD Salt series would be super popular!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I’ll buy one. I bet the EDC forums folks eat them up. They will probably sell well in my opinion.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

steelcity16 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:03 pm
This gives me hope for the GITD Jester Salt we have been dreaming about!! :D
Beat you to it, Hah!

Glad I'm not the only one!

-Thomas Jefferson
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

Give me Lightning Strike Carbon Fiber with the Strikes being GITD and you’ve got my attention, this no thank you.
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Dazen wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:14 pm
Give me Lightning Strike Carbon Fiber with the Strikes being GITD and you’ve got my attention, this no thank you.
That's actually a really cool idea! Great, now I have one more thing I have to buy/make/cry about...

TO THE BATCAVE!(dumcave?)

-Thomas Jefferson
Ez556

Post by Ez556 »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:03 pm
Ez556 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:49 pm
It matches a pair of my shoes... PC Half Cab Pros>:) best shoe in the world, made better by GitD!(even the box glows)

I've been crying for a GitD Jester, but this will work. Swap out a hap40 wharnie or a Lil Matriarch blade and call it a day.

Depending on what kind of glow it is, it can hold a "charge" for a long time. The box of those shoes is in a rarely used closet and it always has a faint glow to it from almost no light exposure.

We will see!
That’s what I would expect, a very faint glow. Which, in pitch black darkness WOULD help, but it certainly wouldn’t glow like what I think people have in their minds.
Likes FRN
:spyder: MEMBER OF THE CRUWEAR NATION :spyder:
sal wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:28 am
But in reality, there is nothing quite like a gun. And it has been said, "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".
Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:35 am
Does that complexity decrease the simplicity? Not at all.
Abyss_Fish wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:54 pm
Ti is uh, 300 dollars.