Warranty Question

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Cbarra87

Warranty Question

Post by Cbarra87 »

Hi guys. I lurk here, but don't often (ever, really) post, and ai want to change that. So what better way than with a legitimate question?!

I recently bought the Para 3 LW DLT exclusive in M390 and Red FRN. I took it out of the box and almost immediately fell in love. It hit on all of the issues that I had with my Para 3 in S110V:

Great steel, but easier to sharpen.
Noticeably less weight.
FAR superior pocket clip and placement.
Better lanyard hole placement.

I was sad to see 2 minor and 1 major problem:

Blade centering about 30% off to the left. - Minor

Nested Compression Lock liner stick ups about a millimeter about the scale, creating a small hotspot and an eyesore. - Minor

There is an area roughly 5 millimeters long on the edge of the blade that is discolored bronze-ish, which I am nearly certain means they burned through the heat treat while finishing the factory edge.

My question is this:

Should I contact DLT first (they are out of stock for exchanges), or should I directly contact Spyderco's warranty department? I have never had to use their warranty service, always had good luck, but this isn't a knife I can just exchange or buy another of as it's a very limited release.

Any ideas?

P.S. I am only asking here because it's the weekend and no one is open at either location until Monday.