It's time... for a new Cruwear Military

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
elena86

It's time... for a new Cruwear Military

Post by elena86 »

It's unacceptable I say... the mighty Millie is so overlooked... all the good stuff just for the new(fat) kid on the block... you know, Shaman and...don't get me started ! That BBS exclusive Millie was before the CQI era ... I wouldn't mind the Micarta treatement or even some grey-ish smooth G10 ... just bring it :eek:
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
Evil D

Re: It's time... for a new Cruwear Military

Post by Evil D »

This is kinda BS if I'm honest. (that it hasn't happened yet I mean)
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

I've been wanting a new CQI military. Cruwear is always nice. The military needs a new surge of exclusives! Something to spice things up and rejuvenate the love people have always had for this model.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Well, if I can’t have a Vanadis 4 Extra Military2 stop-lock, I suppose I could settle for a Cruwear Millie.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
dogrunner

Post by dogrunner »

A 4V or Van4e Military would definitely get my attention! More Cruwear is always good too.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Absolutely! Cru-carta would be my first choice, but I would also be super happy with an earth tone peel ply G10 and satin or DLC blade. 3V and 4V would also be more than welcome in Micarta or Earth Tone Peel Ply G10! Been waiting on these for a long while!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

Ive been waiting for a perfect military for years. A grey g10/micarta, titanium r.i.l., cruwear military would be it. Or a grey g10/micarta, cruwear, regualr military. Either way im in.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

The C-36 Military is "near perfect" as an EDC in my humble opinion. When I first starting EDCing full time my M390 Military at first I really thought it was just a tad bit big for most EDC cutting chores. But after about 2 to 4 months of "Every Day Carry" I got to the point to where hardly no other plain edged blade would suit my needs anymore like the Military model did with a great blade steel. Oh I still rotate other plain edged Spyder folders I've acquired over the years but the C-36 Military is just near perfect for what you need in an EDC blade.

Also Spyderco couldn't have picked a better model to debut their newer supersteels with. Oh I like the Para2 as well for Supersteel blades but even that great model isn't as regal as the C-36 Military. If they do another C-36 in Cruwear I'll be standing in line>> now that I've got a lot of these medical bills paid off :cool: .
blueblur

Post by blueblur »

I would like a Cruwear Military but please, no RIL for me.
blues

Post by blues »

Sal...you must know somebody with some influence at Spyderco, help a brother out. :D
- Retired from the chase -
elena86

Post by elena86 »

More than anything I would be super hyped by a Military in SRS15 which is kinda stainless Cruwear ... I remember Sal was quite interested in this steel but... that was all
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I already have a cruwear Military and it is a great knife so I hope everybody who wants one is able to get one but...

Where is that Maxamet Military? Oh yeah, K390 too! :D
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

The military is due for another overhaul including a different lock. Liner locks are well kind of well... stupid really so are RIL locks.

Yes they work but seriously putting ones hands in the way of a sharp closing blade yeahhhh no there are better alternatives now.

I know someone is going to have a hissy fit over that and all I can say is oh well. Sorry to upset you but the worse cut I ever got was off of a small Chris Reeve Sebenza.

True larger knives are easier to get the thumb out of the way.

I would like to see the compression lock implemented as it is on the smock with a bit more recessed button, love this lock.

Second to this the stop lock used on the Parata, one heck of a great lock, Parata is not the best implementation for it the knife is ok as in I never use it.

Refurbished the entire military line with this lock in cruwear and I will buy two of each.
Gamecock

Post by Gamecock »

Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:00 pm
The military is due for another overhaul including a different lock. Liner locks are well kind of well... stupid really so are RIL locks.

Yes they work but seriously putting ones hands in the way of a sharp closing blade yeahhhh no there are better alternatives now.

I know someone is going to have a hissy fit over that and all I can say is oh well. Sorry to upset you but the worse cut I ever got was off of a small Chris Reeve Sebenza.

True larger knives are easier to get the thumb out of the way.

I would like to see the compression lock implemented as it is on the smock with a bit more recessed button, love this lock.

Second to this the stop lock used on the Parata, one heck of a great lock, Parata is not the best implementation for it the knife is ok as in I never use it.

Refurbished the entire military line with this lock in cruwear and I will buy two of each.
I agree with that...compression lock or button compression lock would be great as an option that would motivate a lot of people to buy.
kerrcobra

Post by kerrcobra »

I think we need a Knifecenter exclusive Military in CruWear with smooth black G10 handles. I'd buy two.
--Jeremy
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

Don't mess with the Military!! New steels are always welcome though. Cruwear would be great.

I just have to decide if I really need another Military and one of every Golden model with Cruwear steel.
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

Tucson Tom wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:50 pm
Don't mess with the Military!!
This.

It does not need a new lock.
It doesn’t need tip up carry.
It does need other steel choices, with DLC options... and maybe some different scale material.
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

If it would be a sprint run and NOT A DAMM EXCLUSIVE.....maybe a would consider getting myself over a linerlock.
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

Pancake wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:45 pm
If it would be a sprint run and NOT A DAMM EXCLUSIVE.....maybe a would consider getting myself over a linerlock.
Or just regular production so I actually have time to enter my credit card number before it sells out.
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

prndltech wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:28 am
Or just regular production so I actually have time to enter my credit card number before it sells out.

Well, regular production model would be cool.
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45