Knifeworks Exclusive Military Restock

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ihped1
Member
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:40 pm
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada

Knifeworks Exclusive Military Restock

Postby ihped1 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:25 pm

Only 4 available. Get 'em while they're hot.

User avatar
JonLeBlanc
Member
Posts: 1011
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 8:00 am
Location: Louisiana

Re: Knifeworks Exclusive Military Restock

Postby JonLeBlanc » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:35 pm

Oooh, what's that, the CTS 204P version? Never really looked at that one because I've got different tastes, but I understand it was a legendary variant!
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara

Username827
Member
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:36 pm

Re: Knifeworks Exclusive Military Restock

Postby Username827 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:56 pm

Well, that went fast lol

User avatar
Capt'n Boatsalot
Member
Posts: 358
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:50 pm
Location: Iowa

Re: Knifeworks Exclusive Military Restock

Postby Capt'n Boatsalot » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:16 pm

Great knife! I carried mine on a 8-day backpacking circumnavigation of Mt Rainier back in 2017. Wonderful knife, and even better are the memories attached to it.

User avatar
bearrowland
Member
Posts: 1107
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:59 pm
Location: Central Pennsylvania

Re: Knifeworks Exclusive Military Restock

Postby bearrowland » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:19 pm

I've wanted to do the loop around Rainier for over 20 years. 4 more years to retirement and we're headed back to the Pacific Northwest!
Barry

TomAiello
Member
Posts: 3454
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:34 pm
Location: Twin Falls, ID

Re: Knifeworks Exclusive Military Restock

Postby TomAiello » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:24 pm

So bummed I missed this. I've wanted another for a long time.

prndltech
Member
Posts: 526
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:53 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Knifeworks Exclusive Military Restock

Postby prndltech » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:18 pm

No way only 4 more were made, either someone just found a few that were misplaced or they’re playing a game with us
The planter, the farmer, the mechanic, and the laborer... form the great body of the people of the United States, they are the bone and sinew of the country men who love liberty and desire nothing but equal rights and equal laws. - Andrew Jackson

TkoK83Spy
Member
Posts: 2712
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:32 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: Knifeworks Exclusive Military Restock

Postby TkoK83Spy » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:29 pm

prndltech wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:18 pm
No way only 4 more were made, either someone just found a few that were misplaced or they’re playing a game with us
Placed my order at 6:43...about 20 minutes after the OP created this thread, at the time it still showed 4 available. Received an email with my order number a few minutes later. Still waiting for tracking info to fully believe this is real!
Currently have 18 :spyder: 's in 14 different steels.

-Rick

User avatar
Capt'n Boatsalot
Member
Posts: 358
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:50 pm
Location: Iowa

Re: Knifeworks Exclusive Military Restock

Postby Capt'n Boatsalot » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:29 pm

bearrowland wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:19 pm
I've wanted to do the loop around Rainier for over 20 years. 4 more years to retirement and we're headed back to the Pacific Northwest!
It's an amazing trip, and I would highly recommend it. I'd love to do it again. I'd try to time it better next time to get in just after the winter snows clear, but before the summer wildfires get revved up. We went beginning of August and while we had no rain, the smoke obscured some of the views.
It was overall a fantastic trip.
Couple of photos...
Image
Image

prndltech
Member
Posts: 526
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:53 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Knifeworks Exclusive Military Restock

Postby prndltech » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:38 pm

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:29 pm
prndltech wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:18 pm
No way only 4 more were made, either someone just found a few that were misplaced or they’re playing a game with us
Placed my order at 6:43...about 20 minutes after the OP created this thread, at the time it still showed 4 available. Received an email with my order number a few minutes later. Still waiting for tracking info to fully believe this is real!
Yet again...

By time stamps in this thread it was out of stock in 30 minutes.

I have been more than content with the plain Jane s30v version for many years. I don’t normally buy sprint runs... I just enjoy quality knives and would like to be able to replace it, should I do something stupid with it and/or lose it/gets stolen/whatever. Every knife I buy goes to work with me in the shop and sees all the chemicals/fluids in the automotive industry. Just part of my life, like all my other tools.
I’m still kicking myself over this one. I should have picked one up when they were available the first time. Perhaps it’s best... I might be hesitant to beat on it.

I finally started using one with all the CQI updates this month (digi cam/dlc). It’s been sitting in a box for quite a while. But even since it went on a trip with me, it reminded me of why I carried the mili exclusively for years. I really could live my whole life with a plain Jane Millie and a SE pacific salt for dedicated folders and be more than happy... they are my 2 favorite models hands down. Never had anything they can’t handle.

Long story short I’ve never tried 204p and the Military would be my preferred platform to do so.
The planter, the farmer, the mechanic, and the laborer... form the great body of the people of the United States, they are the bone and sinew of the country men who love liberty and desire nothing but equal rights and equal laws. - Andrew Jackson

User avatar
Doc Dan
Member
Posts: 7788
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:25 am
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: Knifeworks Exclusive Military Restock

Postby Doc Dan » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:18 pm

They had some old stock. They have some other Spydercos not listed on their site they still have one or two remaining.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

"Until we meet again, may the good Lord take a liking to you."
(Roy Rogers)


NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050

User avatar
bearrowland
Member
Posts: 1107
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:59 pm
Location: Central Pennsylvania

Re: Knifeworks Exclusive Military Restock

Postby bearrowland » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:24 am

Phenomenal pics!!
Capt'n Boatsalot wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:29 pm
bearrowland wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:19 pm
I've wanted to do the loop around Rainier for over 20 years. 4 more years to retirement and we're headed back to the Pacific Northwest!
It's an amazing trip, and I would highly recommend it. I'd love to do it again. I'd try to time it better next time to get in just after the winter snows clear, but before the summer wildfires get revved up. We went beginning of August and while we had no rain, the smoke obscured some of the views.
It was overall a fantastic trip.
Couple of photos...
Image
Image
Barry

TomAiello
Member
Posts: 3454
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:34 pm
Location: Twin Falls, ID

Re: Knifeworks Exclusive Military Restock

Postby TomAiello » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:47 am

prndltech wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:38 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:29 pm
prndltech wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:18 pm
No way only 4 more were made, either someone just found a few that were misplaced or they’re playing a game with us
Placed my order at 6:43...about 20 minutes after the OP created this thread, at the time it still showed 4 available. Received an email with my order number a few minutes later. Still waiting for tracking info to fully believe this is real!
Yet again...

By time stamps in this thread it was out of stock in 30 minutes.
They only had 4 units. My guess is that they located some left over stock.

User avatar
dj moonbat
Member
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:58 am
Location: Sunny SoCal

Re: Knifeworks Exclusive Military Restock

Postby dj moonbat » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:26 am

God help us all if Spyderco is moving to four-unit sprint runs.

User avatar
jdw
Member
Posts: 877
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:10 pm
Location: Red Dirt

Re: Knifeworks Exclusive Military Restock

Postby jdw » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:48 am

There are now 6 of the Ti/CF S90v models in stock. Somebody must be cleaning out a storage area.
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
-- Woody Guthrie

TomAiello
Member
Posts: 3454
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:34 pm
Location: Twin Falls, ID

Re: Knifeworks Exclusive Military Restock

Postby TomAiello » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:00 am

Oh, wow. That Ti s90v was the best executed RIL I've seen on my Spyderco Knives.

I already own two of them, or I'd be strongly tempted to grab a back up.

TomAiello
Member
Posts: 3454
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:34 pm
Location: Twin Falls, ID

Re: Knifeworks Exclusive Military Restock

Postby TomAiello » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:04 am

I wonder what other cool stuff they'll dig up a couple units of in the next few days. :)

TkoK83Spy
Member
Posts: 2712
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:32 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: Knifeworks Exclusive Military Restock

Postby TkoK83Spy » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:30 am

Just got my shipping confirmation! That CF version is a beauty...was it always price at $279?? For some reason I thought I saw it listed at $200 on their site last year?

I'm also hoping these aren't returns that they had been holding onto for a while and just decided to list them.
Currently have 18 :spyder: 's in 14 different steels.

-Rick

prndltech
Member
Posts: 526
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:53 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Knifeworks Exclusive Military Restock

Postby prndltech » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:30 am

That is in fact what happened. I called them about the s90v Ti/CF Millie and she said that they were cleaning out a room and found some old stock and that the green ones yesterday flew out the door fast.

Long story short I ordered an s90v military just now.
The planter, the farmer, the mechanic, and the laborer... form the great body of the people of the United States, they are the bone and sinew of the country men who love liberty and desire nothing but equal rights and equal laws. - Andrew Jackson

User avatar
anycal
Member
Posts: 1332
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:40 pm
Location: California

Re: Knifeworks Exclusive Military Restock

Postby anycal » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:39 am

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:30 am
Just got my shipping confirmation! That CF version is a beauty...was it always price at $279?? For some reason I thought I saw it listed at $200 on their site last year?

I'm also hoping these aren't returns that they had been holding onto for a while and just decided to list them.
That was the original price. During the availability, it would be discounted few times, IIRC. $199 was the lowest price. I think that is what I got it for.
Peter


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], BornIn1500, Deadboxhero, Google [Bot] and 32 guests