How to change the title of a thread

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

How to change the title of a thread

Post by Doc Dan »

How do we change the title of a thread once it’s been posted?
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Wartstein

Re: How to change the title of a thread

Post by Wartstein »

If it is a thread YOU started (and I'm sure that's the only case where you'd want to change the title), you just edit the title line of your first/ original post just like you'd edit the text of that post...
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Duh! Now I feel really stupid. Thanks!

I had tried doing it in a later post and not the first one. Over education has rotted my brain. Haha!
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Doc Dan wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:09 am

I had tried doing it in a later post and not the first one. Over education has rotted my brain. Haha!
Glad I could help!
And I can remember a lot of "Doc" - posts that clearly show: Your brain is working more than just fine... :)

(Btw: Hope your shoulder is getting better!!)

PS: May I ask for advice concerning proper English, if you or someone else finds the time (I am not a Native speaker obviously) ?:
Is my sentence above correct: "And I can remember a lot of "Doc" - posts that clearly show" or would I have to say "... posts that are clearly showing"?
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Wartstein wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:18 am
Doc Dan wrote:

Glad I could help!
And I can remember a lot of "Doc" - posts that clearly show: Your brain is working more than just fine... :)

PS: May I ask for advice concerning proper English, if you or someone else finds the time (I am not a Native speaker obviously) ?:
Is my sentence above correct: "And I can remember a lot of "Doc" - posts that clearly show" or would I have to say "... posts that are clearly showing"?
No problem. I’ll be glad to help.

posts that clearly show

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Doc Dan wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:52 am
Wartstein wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:18 am
Doc Dan wrote:

Glad I could help!

No problem. I’ll be glad to help.

posts that clearly show
Thanks, Doc!