Wharncliffe Delicas

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Haunted House

Wharncliffe Delicas

Post by Haunted House »

Recently got my first Delica, the Wharncliffe Hap40. I couldn’t be happier with this knife! I’m going to need some more Wharncliffe delicas in my life.

What other Wharncliffe Delicas are there?
I see the standard vg-10, the cutlery shop S30v and the hap40 (that I own).

Are there any others?
Wartstein

Re: Wharncliffe Delicas

Post by Wartstein »

Haunted House wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:29 am
Recently got my first Delica, the Wharncliffe Hap40. I couldn’t be happier with this knife! I’m going to need some more Wharncliffe delicas in my life.

What other Wharncliffe Delicas are there?
I see the standard vg-10, the cutlery shop S30v and the hap40 (that I own).

Are there any others?
I am not aware of any other version, but if I were you I´d get the VG10 one in SERRATED edge (I think this particular model is the only Delica that is available in ffg and SE).

Must be an amazing cutter with its 2.5 mm ffg SE blade. My 3mm ffg SE Endela is the best cutter I own currently...
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
tonijedi

Post by tonijedi »

There is the Salt 2 version (H1 steel).
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Glad you like it. PE and SE VG10, Hap40, S30V Cutlery Shoppe, Salt PE and SE. I’m hoping for ZDP 189 and K390.
- best wishes, Jazz.
Haunted House

Post by Haunted House »

Jazz wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:28 pm
Glad you like it. PE and SE VG10, Hap40, S30V Cutlery Shoppe, Salt PE and SE. I’m hoping for ZDP 189 and K390.
“Like it” is an understatement. It kicked the para 3 right out of my pocket. It’s all I want to carry.

I’m hoping most for Super Blue or Cruwear, But I’d buy a zdp-189 or k390 Wharncliffe Delica in a heartbeat!
( Or 4V. Or M4. Or S90v, etc :D ).

In the mean time, I’m gonna pick up another Hap40 Wharncliffe and do a handle swap + look into cutting the top of the blade down, (something like the Hinderer Xm-18 Wharncliffe shape).
PeaceInOurTime

Post by PeaceInOurTime »

Haunted House wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:46 pm
In the mean time, I’m gonna pick up another Hap40 Wharncliffe and do a handle swap + look into cutting the top of the blade down, (something like the Hinderer Xm-18 Wharncliffe shape).

Looking forward to seeing pics of it! What handle are you planning to swap with?
Haunted House

Post by Haunted House »

PeaceInOurTime wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:09 pm
Haunted House wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:46 pm

Looking forward to seeing pics of it! What handle are you planning to swap with?
You can lay the edge of sheet of paper diagonally over the top of the Wharncliffe blade to get an idea (but it just looks like the Hinderer Wharncliffe).
As for handles, I thought about custom but really like the stock frn handles that come on them. I’ll either swap a different stock Delica handle on it or dye one. Not sure what color to go with yet. Probably either green, blue, brown or burgundy.
Haunted House

Post by Haunted House »

I just saw in another thread that the Delica might(will?) be getting a k390 blade in the future-

I sure hope we get a Wharncliffe Delica k390 option.
Fingers crossed!