Para 3 K390 Ranger green from BBS!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bts327

Para 3 K390 Ranger green from BBS!

Post by bts327 »

Up on their shop page this morning, set to release 11/01/2019!
aaronkb

Re: Para 3 K390 Ranger green from BBS!

Post by aaronkb »

I hate when people announce knives I already wanted and then I have to spend money
😭
Haunted House

Post by Haunted House »

I’m in.
Ric

Post by Ric »

I prefer the smurf blue ones.
Shipping is too expensive, too.
I skip it.
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

How interesting! If I wasn't "done" for the moment, this, and even more so the PM2, would definitely be on the radar. K390 has impressed me greatly; really has been stellar on the Police platform.
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Not a P3 guy, but content with the PM2.

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Well dang. I'll be getting one of these eventually. I do appreciate that I don't have to rush, though.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
tjsblade

Post by tjsblade »

Awesome.
cwoods

Post by cwoods »

Im really wanting one of these in either the pm2 or para3 configuration. However Im kind of holding out for a dlc version even though i love tool steel patina. I think the ranger green/ black blade would be irresistible.
PM2 52100; PM2 K390; Para 3 Rex 45; Stretch 2 V-Toku2
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

Im really shock by everyone not clamouring to get this or the PM2 with all the talk about wanting a K390 Shaman. Even with a slightly higher price and paying shipping they will probably still be cheaper than the Shaman if produced. I guess I see these as the exclusives everyone wanted and now have, but I’m sitting here wondering why they even have PM2’s leftover. If y’all are K390 fans I feel like y’all need to give Sal and Spyderco a reason to make a Shaman and get in on these exclusives.

I’m not trying to sound rude, but I’m not a carbon guy. If BBS was the only dealer with M390 I would have every exclusive they produce.
Last edited by Dazen on Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
sok

Post by sok »

I'll be in on this one for sure.
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

Looks great, but not for me. Holding out for a black/blue m390 manix 2 lol!
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Dazen wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:08 pm
Im really shock by everyone not clambering to get this or the PM2 with all the talk about wanting a K390 Shaman. Even with a slightly higher price and paying shipping they will probably still be cheaper than the Shaman if produced. I guess I see these as the exclusives everyone wanted and now have, but I’m sitting here wondering why they even have PM2’s leftover. If y’all are K390 fans I feel like y’all need to give Sal and Spyderco a reason to make a Shaman and get in on these exclusives.

I’m not trying to sound rude, but I’m not a carbon guy. If BBS was the only dealer with M390 I would have every exclusive they produce.
A lot of it has to do with the fact that over the past few years, there's been so many PM2/Para 3 exclusives and sprints that people are finding them played out (myself included)

Last year I had 7 different Para 3's and thought logically to myself...do the same exact G10 scales, just dyed a different color or a different steel on each knife really warrant spending over $1,000??? Heck no!! I now only have 3, and could honestly do fine with just one of them. We're ready for different models to get the treatment. I think of them as the gateway models to Spyderco. Newer people get all hopped up on them, until they dabble into other models and see there's a lot more out there.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
eRoc

Post by eRoc »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:53 pm
Dazen wrote:
Im really shock by everyone not clambering to get this or the PM2 with all the talk about wanting a K390 Shaman. Even with a slightly higher price and paying shipping they will probably still be cheaper than the Shaman if produced. I guess I see these as the exclusives everyone wanted and now have, but I’m sitting here wondering why they even have PM2’s leftover. If y’all are K390 fans I feel like y’all need to give Sal and Spyderco a reason to make a Shaman and get in on these exclusives.

A lot of it has to do with the fact that over the past few years, there's been so many PM2/Para 3 exclusives and sprints that people are finding them played out (myself included)

Last year I had 7 different Para 3's and thought logically to myself...do the same exact G10 scales, just dyed a different color or a different steel on each knife really warrant spending over $1,000??? Heck no!! I now only have 3, and could honestly do fine with just one of them. We're ready for different models to get the treatment. I think of them as the gateway models to Spyderco. Newer people get all hopped up on them, until they dabble into other models and see there's a lot more out there.
I disagree. I think the variable here is BBS. There's been 20+ versions of the para 3 and the last one, the DLT red M390, still sold out very quickly. I'm expecting the next one, the LW red m390, will go quickly as well. As BBS is the only dealer hanging on to stock, this doesn't lead me to believe people are tired of the Pm2/3. I think the higher prices and shipping are keeping people away from BBS.

When other dealers start hanging on to Pm2/3 stock for longer than an hour, I will submit the market is finally saturated and tired of these models.

That being said, I'm definitely in for this para 3. This will be my 15th Para 3. Still waiting on an lc200n version as well.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I was referring to those of us around here, on this forum, in relation to Dazen's post.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

eRoc wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:09 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:53 pm
Dazen wrote:

I disagree. I think the variable here is BBS. There's been 20+ versions of the para 3 and the last one, the DLT red M390, still sold out very quickly. I'm expecting the next one, the LW red m390, will go quickly as well. As BBS is the only dealer hanging on to stock, this doesn't lead me to believe people are tired of the Pm2/3. I think the higher prices and shipping are keeping people away from BBS.

When other dealers start hanging on to Pm2/3 stock for longer than an hour, I will submit the market is finally saturated and tired of these models.

That being said, I'm definitely in for this para 3. This will be my 15th Para 3. Still waiting on an lc200n version as well.
I think it's a little of both. I have my share of PM2s & Para 3s and like the models but don't get as excited over a new variation like I once did. I normally don't let BBS's prices bother me and I know most PM2 & Para 3 enthusiasts don't either. If it was some combination I really wanted I'd be on it. I do think the higher price keeps a lot of new enthusiast away as well as a lot of the flippers.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
eRoc

Post by eRoc »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:17 pm
I was referring to those of us around here, on this forum, in relation to Dazen's post.
I understood. I think if it were any other dealer coming out with this exclusive, this board would be more hyped and those models would sell out within minutes. We've all said our peace regarding BBS, and there's really not much to discuss regarding the pm line. We all know by now what it is. You're either in or you're not, not much else to discuss. I don't think either of these things = lack of interest for these lines of models on this board.
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

My post is really saying that I hope for the K390 enthusiasts that Spyderco or other dealers don’t shy away from using this steel in future sprints/exclusives because of the lack of sales from this particular dealer. If BBS did a LC200N PM2/3 I would think it would sell out in minutes, even though it’s just another flavor of the PM2/3. I just don’t think that there is a huge demand outside of this community for a carbon steel that is not as well known.
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
Haunted House

Post by Haunted House »

Dazen wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:03 pm
My post is really saying that I hope for the K390 enthusiasts that Spyderco or other dealers don’t shy away from using this steel in future sprints/exclusives because of the lack of sales from this particular dealer. If BBS did a LC200N PM2/3 I would think it would sell out in minutes, even though it’s just another flavor of the PM2/3. I just don’t think that there is a huge demand outside of this community for a carbon steel that is not as well known.
I think the community is growing fast and people are more educated on knife steels now more than ever. It’s getting bigger, faster, and it’s bigger than what you may think.
(No doubt we have the YouTube knife community & social media to thank for that).

When you say “The k390 enthusiasts”, I think that’s really selling it short. I’m not a “k390 enthusiast”. But i am a “knife enthusiast”. As are the other people who will be buying this.
I’ve never owned it, but I’ve read enough about K390 and seen enough tests & discussions to know that this is one **** of a steel. We’re talking about a steel that blows the doors off stuff like Cruwear, M4, M390, etc etc. Crazy high edge retention.
Heck yeah I want it. I don’t know how a knife enthusiast wouldn’t want it.

As for sales- I don’t think BBS sales will influence bigger retailers.
I’d be far more worried about certain YouTube sharpeners/personalities who make videos about how hard it is to sharpen...
rabbitanarchy14

Post by rabbitanarchy14 »

i am so in for this one. i have wanted to try k390. just one question is k390 just a non stainless m390.
192.168.0.1 -Para 3 G10 M390 Red, Dice XHP, Lil Native Rex 45 comp, Manix 2 M390 G10 BR, PM2 M390 DLC BL, PM2 k390 RGreen, Cat BD1N, Dragonfly 2 k390
Saving for - Lil Native K390, D'allara 3, UTX-70
Instruments- Kimber EVO, SA Hellcat, SW Shield Plus 9